As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    they really shoulda given catherine a unique class so she doesn't have to feel bad as I certify literally every other character for a master class and she languishes in advanced

I powered through instructing her in Reason and then she managed to, I assume, bluff her way through the Mortal Savant certification.

I really, really, needn't have bothered, but I just felt like it.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    its important to make as many people mortal savants as possible so they can do ninja hand sign magic and carry an unnecessary amount of swords

(but yeah I'm on ng+ so in addition to recruiting everyone I started work on getting peoples skills in order for them to eventually master class and even still getting master cert for a bunch of characters was a messy process involving save scumming and sitting at level 30 forever while I wait for instruction to slowly get them to higher skill levels)

(also I just realized that one of the paralogue maps was just one of the generic auxiliary battle maps that I've done a million times rotated and now I'm mad)

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Lysithea carries 4 swords and uses none of them.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    All this swordmaster talks has me thinking: after two full playthroughs of the game, I don't think I had vantage trigger even once for any of my units. I used to think it was the best skill but maybe it's not so necessary now.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    All this swordmaster talks has me thinking: after two full playthroughs of the game, I don't think I had vantage trigger even once for any of my units. I used to think it was the best skill but maybe it's not so necessary now.

You just need to play way more clumsily and dangerously

What's this, 8 red lines pointing at Byleth?

Eeeehh he'll be fine

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I used Astra for the first time last mission.

Man. The animation for Astra is sure cool! But also, who the hell is that move supposed to be used on? If you get a crit on it, sure, maybe....

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

Eeeehh he'll be fine
    byleth is a tactical genius
    every strategy might be "warp me into the biggest pile of enemies you can find" but you can't argue with results

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I used Astra for the first time last mission.

Man. The animation for Astra is sure cool! But also, who the hell is that move supposed to be used on? If you get a crit on it, sure, maybe....
    most of the Crest activations are +flat Mt so Astra is good with that
    but yeah for the most part Astra has had a weed wacker taken to it compared to glory days

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular

Eeeehh he'll be fine

For a more specific response, Vantage is no longer a chance activation skill, but automatically procs when the unit is below 50% HP. So your Vantage unit might just never actually have gotten hurt that much.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Well looks like I'm ready to do the endgame of Crimson Flower. Bernie picked up the +10 crit skill just in time, which +10 counts for a lot when she's attacking 4 or more times a turn.

Road Block on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So I was doing the battle of lion and eagle on GD route and is there any particular reason
    Petra is a goddamn phantom? She even juked four Lysithea nukes after I had the dancer give her another turn. Luckily Raphael as a war master was there to settle that STR vs SpD debate once and for all when he one shot crit her on the second hit of a x4

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    So I was doing the battle of lion and eagle on GD route and is there any particular reason
    Petra is a goddamn phantom? She even juked four Lysithea nukes after I had the dancer give her another turn. Luckily Raphael as a war master was there to settle that STR vs SpD debate once and for all when he one shot crit her on the second hit of a x4

You're already level 30 at that point with some characters? How much have you been grinding?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

You're already level 30 at that point with some characters? How much have you been grinding?

I was confused for a minute but realized I should have specified that I was in Part 2

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Because that's just how her stats run. Insane speed and dex growth.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Petra is just a straight ninja monster. She has terrible defense but she's always on my front lines anyway, because literally nothing can hit her.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    The smash character for three houses should be Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri and you flip between them like Pokémon trainer.

I don’t care if it makes no sense I want it so bad.

• Options
    Why does Dorothea have to be so fuckin real all the time?

GD Chapter 15
    "We killed Ferdie, professor. Do you remember Ferdie? He used to be our friend."

• Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    I am really starting to burn out here, near the end of my first (GD) play-through. 50 hours and chapter 18, and I just don't feel like doing combats anymore - I still am to basically level people evenly (Claude is at 37, while some of my main force is still sitting in the 32-31 range), but I just want to sprint to the end.

I did just finish Claude's part 2 paralogue, and it's nice that
    It confirmed for me that Seteth / Flayn are definitely, if not the saints themselves, then ancient allies that fought at the time. Are there other things to fully explain their past involvement with Sothis / Seiros?

3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    Koldanar wrote: »
    I am really starting to burn out here, near the end of my first (GD) play-through. 50 hours and chapter 18, and I just don't feel like doing combats anymore - I still am to basically level people evenly (Claude is at 37, while some of my main force is still sitting in the 32-31 range), but I just want to sprint to the end.

It confirmed for me that Seteth / Flayn are definitely, if not the saints themselves, then ancient allies that fought at the time. Are there other things to fully explain their past involvement with Sothis / Seiros?

I've started skipping fights that aren't either paralogues or story missions, and I'm honestly not regretting it. I don't seem particularly under-leveled yet and I'm playing on hard.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    part 2 really starts to drag because you basically run out of stuff to do at the monastery so its like well grind meals and tea times for support conversations or grind boring auxiliary battles for ???
    The Flayn - Seteth A support I think gives the clearest answer although I haven't done a good job of exhausting their supports/paralogue dialogue (or even finished my Golden Deer run to find out if the end game main story stuff touches on this). There's also the Linhardt/Leonie paralogue, taking them to the Church in the Enbarr map and I wouldn't be surprised if Marianne's paralogue all have little text clues.

Oh Flayn - Ignatz support also

P10 on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

I've started skipping fights that aren't either paralogues or story missions, and I'm honestly not regretting it. I don't seem particularly under-leveled yet and I'm playing on hard.

I just did Seminars in the last several chapters because I was just done with the monastery stuff.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Eeeehh he'll be fine
    every strategy might be "warp me into the biggest pile of enemies you can find" but you can't argue with results

On normal one point halfway through my first run, I gave my Byleth’s a training bow to soften up enemies in one map. She proceeded to crit like five times in the ensuing enemy turn.

never die on
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    That was something I noticed in the last few chapters in the world stats. While seminar and rest were always very low percentages up to about chapter 15 or so, the seminar percentage started to creep up pretty steadily. It was around 50% my last two weeks, I think.

• Options
    Honestly I feel like being able to battle twice in a week kind of wrecked the pacing, especially because you feel forced to use both battles. It almost might've been better if you could only ever battle once each week.

• Options
    Honestly I feel like being able to battle twice in a week kind of wrecked the pacing, especially because you feel forced to use both battles. It almost might've been better if you could only ever battle once each week.

Goes up to 3 with high enough rank.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

For what it's worth in NG+ I absolutely do not use all of my battle action points. More than once I've done a paralogue and then bailed on doing more, just heading back to the command center

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Maybe if you could spend those battle points on something else?

Or auto-battle I guess.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Now you have to understand, I've been playing with the combat animations off the entire time.

Then the House vs. House Magic Tournament came up and Lysithea wasn't eligible because dark magic doesn't count, I guess?

I looked at the stats, and Marianne seemed to be my best bet. I didn't realize just how much Mag and Res she'd managed to accumulate, and since she was a C for reason she had Thoron (which is a recent development).

Oh my god, the poor bastards in Blue Lions and Black Eagles never stood a chance. Nobody in the entire tournament could even do damage to her. It was just a non-stop train of Marianne blasting people in the face with the Kamehameha.

I may have told her to go back and do it again a few times. I can't turn down free gold and professor points...!

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    never die wrote: »

Eeeehh he'll be fine

On normal one point halfway through my first run, I gave my Byleth’s a training bow to soften up enemies in one map. She proceeded to crit like five times in the ensuing enemy turn.
    the only way to stop the killing is to rely on the old fire emblem classic of unequipping a weapon entirely. unless you register byleth's fists as deadly weapons, of course

• Options
    never die wrote: »

Eeeehh he'll be fine

Yeah sometime your characters can be too effective for their own good.

comic575.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I loved the Hector/Oswin combo. I did a "power team" run where I had Hector/Oswin/Wallace slow crushing the enemy. It felt fun and unique after the prior assassin/archer/mage runs prior.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    comic299.png the good old days

butts
  • Options
    Well that's Crimson Flower done. People weren't kidding about the difficulty of the final level. But for me it was intense in a good way. Felt like a genuine achievement to get everyone through it.

I was initially planning on tackling Silver Snow next. But I think once I get through Astral Chain and/or Zelda I'll probably go all the way back and do Golden Dawn. Hopfully Lunatic will have been released by then. I think a New Game+ Lunatic run sounds like a good time.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Then they would have to change the number of sidequests and paralogues or you would feel forced to be battling more frequently just to make sure you got them done.

• Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    i wrote a computer program to teach myself tkinter (a python gui thing), but it's a quick reference tool for three houses:

this is easier than paging back and forth through serene's forest (but the people there compiled all of the data and they did it in a way that was really easy to use for this, so thanks to them!). i'm trying to find an easy to format list of support information and maybe tea party information to add to that too. i just keep it open on my laptop while i'm playing. also includes stuff like spells learned and a gadget for planning character stat growth/examing class potential.

https://gofile.io/?c=ZwPVAr it's uploaded here

it looks like this:
    vgo85wX.png

• Options
    paralogues are fine and I never minded having paralogues to do, although doing 3 in a row and then having a ton of supports to listen to was maybe not the best pacing. quests that point me to generic auxiliary battles were maybe acceptable once or twice at the beginning of the game but are overused because the generic battles are so boring and also unnecessary

i finished verdant wind
    I think I don't like the ending? Is it even made explicit if Lady Rhea died or not? The final battle felt kinda lazy? Like I brought a team of the relevant crest bearers because I thought maybe people would have something to say to each other but there's no dialogue for anything and also the enemies are all chumps except for the final boss who still went down in 2 rounds of combat. I also don't really like the cross section of Crimson Flower + Verdant Wind because I still feel like I'm being lied to and manipulated at the end except apparently nah?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Ugh, Hanneman and Manuella are being children again? Better go take care of... wait, the pond is glowing this week? You two are supposed to be professional faculty, sort it out your damn selves. I'm going fishing.

• Options
    paralogues are fine and I never minded having paralogues to do, although doing 3 in a row and then having a ton of supports to listen to was maybe not the best pacing. quests that point me to generic auxiliary battles were maybe acceptable once or twice at the beginning of the game but are overused because the generic battles are so boring and also unnecessary

i finished verdant wind
    I think I don't like the ending? Is it even made explicit if Lady Rhea died or not? The final battle felt kinda lazy? Like I brought a team of the relevant crest bearers because I thought maybe people would have something to say to each other but there's no dialogue for anything and also the enemies are all chumps except for the final boss who still went down in 2 rounds of combat. I also don't really like the cross section of Crimson Flower + Verdant Wind because I still feel like I'm being lied to and manipulated at the end except apparently nah?

What difficult were you on? If you do all of the battles and such, you end up over leveled for sure, but I didn't find it quite that easy at the end.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    hard ng+.
    they gave the elites baller weapons but I don't think they actually use the combat arts (unlike say, Dimitri, who will use Atrocity and one shot people if you let him). And they mostly stand around waiting for you to kill them instead of actually advancing on you or there being an objective that forces you to engage with them on less than ideal terms. But they also mostly got one shot and didn't even carry the necessary boss abilities of like counterattack to make them threatening. But also it was mostly Claude and Byleth carving a path of destruction through the center so idk. As far as I saw there were no BS reinforcements like in the Crimson Flowers ending so that removes one of the aspects that was dangerous about that mission.

i didn't use any of the ng+ crest items because why would I and I mostly tried to keep experience relatively balanced but Byleth and Claude were like ~45 when everyone else was like 38-40. Not that I think even cutting 5 levels off of them would have particularly mattered because they mostly ran around one shotting everything and dodging zero damage attacks so

P10 on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    i've been playing on hard and it really feels like there's way too much xp going around. maybe they expect me to level more than one party, but that doesn't seem necessary.

but this game had the dynasty warriors team on it, maybe they didn't feel as confident fine-tuning the difficulty.

This discussion has been closed.