Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[3D Printing] A toy to build toys...New to the hobby....

15678911»

• EchoEcho Moderator mod
    On that note, Swedish company 3D Prima launched their own flexplate system just now. Might be an option for us Euros, Whambam ships from China and I'll probably be hit by customs import fee when they get around to handling my package that arrived in Sweden on Aug 28th and still hasn't been processed because PostNord is a disaster. :rotate:

Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited September 12
    Decided to try a test print without painters tape. I thought I had my leveling dialed in real nice.

6rjtl36c4a7u.jpg

But when I popped them off, there was no bottom, just tiny mostly transparent little squares, with lines between them and a pretty good divot right in the middle of my build sheet. Try leveling things again, and it's pinching the build plate when I z-home. Run adjustments. Z-home again, still pinching. Check the z end stop switch, and the metal arm had come if, so it was going a couple mm father down to press the plastic button.
    Reattached the arm and Z-home is working again. Unfortunately my build sheet is trashed, so back to painters tape until I decide if I'm getting glass or not. Jacking up my build sheet the first time I printing directly on it is a special kind of dumb.

Also, can I get my @ removed from that quote tree.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    🤔

Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    Virgil_Leads_YouDisruptedCapitalist
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Ikea Lack hack progress!

Two extenders attacked with with glue and screws, but then I decided that just glue is probably plenty enough for this, so I could use my first prototypes instead of printing two more extenders with screw-thingies.

hbt7m1Kl.jpg

KhraulbloodatonementmightyjongyoRadiationDisruptedCapitalistDark Raven Xbowen
    Down side of OctoPrint webcam mentoring monitoring, you don't see when the side opposite the camera pulls up from the bed.

ezygny14bf4g.jpg

Still gonna be a useful print I think, but a bummer to come home to.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Lack hack complete! Right now I'm only using two tables, we'll see if I add the third table some time - right now the upper edge of the delta printer is at nose level, so that's a pretty good height for it.

Turns out my floor is really uneven up against the wall so I had to prop up one leg to make it stable.

o5uk1fba3lla.png

KhraulRadiationbloodatonement
    Rapid prototyping going through three case designs over the weekend for a smart air flow regulator for my smoker.

tb16zo8hrmb5.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    webguy20EchoDark Raven X