As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cats being jerks to each other after move

ReznikReznik Registered User regular
I've got two cats who have lived with each other for 2 ish years. They mostly got along.

I've moved into a new apartment and now they keep hissing at each other. They haven't fought yet but it's probably because I'm usually in the room to distract them from each other after the hissing starts.

Wat do? I'm assuming it's a territory thing? Will it resolve itself or do I have to reintroduce them to each other like when I first got them?

Obligatory cat tax:

https://imgur.com/O69ZYIX

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
Forget it...

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    They're probably just stressed out and anxious about the new space. I'd expect them to be back to normal in a couple weeks.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It's pretty much a territory thing. They need to scout out and figure out just whose turf is where, and once they settle down on some comfortable boundaries, they'll be back to normal. As long as your new apartment has plenty of space, you shouldn't have any problems. Just feed them apart if it helps.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Things seem to be getting back to normal now. One of them was acting way more skittish than the other and not eating much but she's doing better today.

Will see how they are after work. This will be their first day in the new place without someone around all day.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...