As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The robot is not to be trusted, [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    porp wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    the chic-fil-a near us is incredibly family friendly. porp loves to take the kiddos there. plus they host free kiddo events like a magic show or a dude brings in a bunch of reptiles for kids to admire and pet, stuff like that
    And they give out bible related stuff in the kids meals or at least they used to
    and you can trade this in for ice cream instead but they look at you funny if you do

? I've never been to one that does this. They have fun books or semi-educational toys with their kids meals.

sit down babe I got this

I swear to god! Did you just tell me to sit down?!?!? You little....

Look it was in this pamphlet he got from Chik Fil A.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    fuick I want some chic fil a now

you did this chat

you are all responsible

I won't be held responsible. Chick fil a just tastes great.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Capitalism

a) morally compromises everyone involved

b) commodified ethics

and we can't opt out so

only logical solution is to give up on having morals and ethics
    No, the only logical solution is
    DRINK
    THE
    BLEACH

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    The weirdest thing in fast food to me, still, is when I went to Arby's a month ago and they asked if I wanted horseradish or "horsey sauce."

yXRcgDu.png

horsey sauce is just the arby's version of horseradish

arby's gets a bad rap but I like their food

Hosey sauce is the bomb. And they have stepped up their game on the food. We tried the smokehouse chicken this weekend and it was delicious. One of the better chicken sandwiches out now.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

you did this chat

you are all responsible

Get Popeyes instead

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    James Levine apparently likes to jerk off teenage boys. There goes that 40+ year career.

He was supposed to start a 5 year conductor emeritus post at Ravinia next year too.

Who?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Restaurants run by Christian wackos are so boring

that's why I go to Loving Hut, the vegan Vietnamese restaurant chain, where you can eat tasty food while surrounded by videos of the Supreme Master Ching Hai talking about the power of veganism, meditation, and UFOs

Mxi3822.jpg?1

2pUkRs4.jpg?1

wandering on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The weirdest thing in fast food to me, still, is when I went to Arby's a month ago and they asked if I wanted horseradish or "horsey sauce."

yXRcgDu.png

No no no, you can't tell me that, because it was two separate choices they offered me. They even had different packets.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

you did this chat

you are all responsible

aaand I'm going to go get some chic fil a now

mmmmm

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    It’s pretty easy to boycott chic fil a, especially as they don’t exist over here.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    James Levine apparently likes to jerk off teenage boys. There goes that 40+ year career.

He was supposed to start a 5 year conductor emeritus post at Ravinia next year too.

Who?

famous guy in the classical music scene. Plays the piano.

He's pretty old now, right?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Who?

famous guy in the classical music scene. Plays the piano.

He's pretty old now, right?

74 now.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Culvers is a little pricier but totally worth it.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

you did this chat

you are all responsible

aaand I'm going to go get some chic fil a now

mmmmm
    I KNEW Shark hated the gays...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Capitalism

a) morally compromises everyone involved

b) commodified ethics

and we can't opt out so

only logical solution is to give up on having morals and ethics

Can't opt out?!

HFFyFmS.jpg

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    It’s pretty easy to boycott chic fil a, especially as they don’t exist over here.
    I've been boycotting Whataburger for years now.

When I did live in Texas, the three times I ate there, I got sick all three times. The third time I gave them months worth to rotate staff / management to maybe not have it happen again.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

that's why I go to Loving Hut, the vegan Vietnamese restaurant chain, where you can eat tasty food while surrounded by videos of the Supreme Master Ching Hai talking about the power of veganism, meditation, and UFOs

Mxi3822.jpg?1

2pUkRs4.jpg?1

Yes but where is the meat?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Preacher confirmed low class

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

yXRcgDu.png

No no no, you can't tell me that, because it was two separate choices they offered me. They even had different packets.

hmm

Horsey Sauce isn't straight horseradish, it's mixed in with like mayo what so it isn't so spicy

I've never been to an Arbys that was offering the Real Deal horseradish but perhaps that was the case here

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

yXRcgDu.png

Hosey sauce is the bomb. And they have stepped up their game on the food. We tried the smokehouse chicken this weekend and it was delicious. One of the better chicken sandwiches out now.

I had the pork belly? sandwich and while it would have been a disappointment if I had sat down somewhere and paid $10 for it, for fast food it was really good

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

Mxi3822.jpg?1

2pUkRs4.jpg?1

if that place was next to me I would just go there and eat that every day

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

yXRcgDu.png

Chicken bacon Swiss is the best thing on the menu. The trick to Arby’s is to not order roast “beef”.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

Mxi3822.jpg?1

2pUkRs4.jpg?1

Yes but where is the meat?
    To be fair, could you really call most fast food meat as "meat" in any real sense of the word?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2017

yXRcgDu.png

I had the pork belly? sandwich and while it would have been a disappointment if I had sat down somewhere and paid $10 for it, for fast food it was really good

I would recommend the chicken. It has the same smokey flavor but with less pork fat.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    The only thing I trust from Arby's is the turkey club sandwich thing.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Coinage wrote: »

I live in Bothell, like right there its already confirmed.

This is a joke just for vowels.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    arbys roast beef is real

I won't stand for this slander

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    VishNub wrote: »

yXRcgDu.png

Chicken bacon Swiss is the best thing on the menu. The trick to Arby’s is to not order roast “beef”.

This is the best thing they have:
    The only thing I trust from Arby's is the turkey club sandwich thing.

It is legit pretty good, as good as anything I've had at Panera when it's fresh.

a5ehren on
  • Options

eh it's not like you're in mill creek

or preston or someshit

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    arbys roast beef is real

https://www.theonion.com/arbys-now-charging-2-99-to-let-customers-go-behind-cou-1819573207

I unironically love Arby's Roast Beef, too. But I'm definitely not pretending it's anything "good".

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Hot curly fries (with honey mustard, natch) are amazing too.

Cold curly fries are really, really bad though.

a5ehren on
  • Options

or preston or someshit

Mill Creek used to be upper class when I was a kid. Jackson Highschool was like where all the tax dollars went. Bothell is where people who can't afford to live in redmond/woodinville but aren't garbo enough for kenmore end up...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    arbys roast beef is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Hot curly fries (with honey mustard, natch) are amazing too.

Cold curly fries are really, really bad though.

They have their caloric charm

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Elldren

Subs. Not even once.
    On 11 February 1969, Chopper was participating in an ASW exercise off the coast of Cuba with Hawkins when her electrical power tripped off-line. Chopper was making 7–9 kn (8.1–10.4 mph; 13–17 km/h) at a depth of 150 ft (46 m) with a slight down angle when she lost power.

Within seconds, Chopper's angle increased to 45° down and her bow passed 440 ft (130 m) of depth. Because of the power loss, the Officer of the Deck was unable to communicate with the Senior Controllerman in Maneuvering room, but the senior man in the Maneuvering Room independently ordered both main motors back full. Despite the backing bell, blowing ballast, and other efforts to regain control of the submarine, the down angle continued to increase, and within one minute of the power failure, Chopper was nearly vertical in the water, bow down. Chopper's bow is estimated to have reached a depth of 1,011 ft (308 m), her stern reaching 720 ft (220 m).

The crew’s efforts began to take effect. Chopper lost the headway that was taking her deeper, and even began to make sternway. Her bow began to rise, reached level, and continued to climb. Chopper began to ascend with a rapidly increasing up-angle until she was again nearly vertical in the water, now bow up.

About two minutes after losing electrical power, Chopper shot through the surface of the ocean, nearly vertical. The entire forward section of the submarine, to the aft edge of the sail, cleared the surface before she fell back. Her momentum carried her down to a depth of about 200 ft (61 m) before she surfaced again, leveled out, and remained on the surface.

Chopper returned to port under her own power.

I bet the COB spilled his coffee on that one.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elldren

Subs. Not even once.
    On 11 February 1969, Chopper was participating in an ASW exercise off the coast of Cuba with Hawkins when her electrical power tripped off-line. Chopper was making 7–9 kn (8.1–10.4 mph; 13–17 km/h) at a depth of 150 ft (46 m) with a slight down angle when she lost power.

Within seconds, Chopper's angle increased to 45° down and her bow passed 440 ft (130 m) of depth. Because of the power loss, the Officer of the Deck was unable to communicate with the Senior Controllerman in Maneuvering room, but the senior man in the Maneuvering Room independently ordered both main motors back full. Despite the backing bell, blowing ballast, and other efforts to regain control of the submarine, the down angle continued to increase, and within one minute of the power failure, Chopper was nearly vertical in the water, bow down. Chopper's bow is estimated to have reached a depth of 1,011 ft (308 m), her stern reaching 720 ft (220 m).

The crew’s efforts began to take effect. Chopper lost the headway that was taking her deeper, and even began to make sternway. Her bow began to rise, reached level, and continued to climb. Chopper began to ascend with a rapidly increasing up-angle until she was again nearly vertical in the water, now bow up.

About two minutes after losing electrical power, Chopper shot through the surface of the ocean, nearly vertical. The entire forward section of the submarine, to the aft edge of the sail, cleared the surface before she fell back. Her momentum carried her down to a depth of about 200 ft (61 m) before she surfaced again, leveled out, and remained on the surface.

BKzW33jCIAAOn4n.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    i am sad

there are no things i can do to make me less sad

there are no things i can think to make me less sad

i am sad

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Elldren

Subs. Not even once.

That's the greatest story I've ever heard.

Like, was everyone okay? No deaths or major injuries? Because if so

Holy crap

That's amazing.

• Options

or preston or someshit

Mill Creek used to be upper class when I was a kid. Jackson Highschool was like where all the tax dollars went. Bothell is where people who can't afford to live in redmond/woodinville but aren't garbo enough for kenmore end up...

see, to me all the semirural exburbs are inherently trashy
    it's middle class people pretending to be rich
    and not even proper rich, new-money rich

so like, overall balance put you back below the standard suburb middle class level

• Options
    i am sad

there are no things i can do to make me less sad

there are no things i can think to make me less sad

i am sad

Get yourself some happy music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9_zKm2Ewaw

And go for a happy walk, my pink cow friend!

This discussion has been closed.