As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hollywoodd

quanghieuciquanghieuci Registered User new member
Here's something I've been thinking about lately. Some of my favorite movies where made in the Black & White era, when Hollywood ran under the studio system. The system was pretty simple all-in-all. Actors where less....actors...and more like employees of the studio. They signed contracts with the studio and were assigned new films as they went. Now it went further than this, of course, as the studio often controlled everything about them, especially there public image and this is highly questionable (of course, when you see how some celebrities act nowadays, that may have been a good thing for them).

But what i'm really thinking about right now is the quality of movies. Does anyone else think Hollywood made movies under the studio system that were just...better than current ones? I don't mean in terms of spectacle, just in overall quality? It seems that alot of truly great movies were made under the system, in the current model...not so many.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    This isn't a sufficient OP.

We do have a movie thread if anyone actually wants to talk about this.

This discussion has been closed.