As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] An honest to goodness Global collab with Kingdom Hearts! 2/22

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    Well, I probably just killed my credibility. Despite what I said earlier, I used a gift card to roll on the gem banner, for a complete gimmick/vanity selection. I'm still not ever going to spend money out of pocket on this game, but this was just distanced enough from that that my brain decided to itself that it was okay just this once, since the money was long since spent anyway. I dunno; I feel kinda bad for going ahead with it, even though I still have no desire to go back to the 100-gem habit because of it.

Anyway, the draw itself resulted in a duplicate Kain BSB lance (pretty good; it's Kain's best weapon for his BSB, but it's a bit weak on its own uncombined), and WOL's USB sword (which is kind of a whatever when I have his Chain, but it could be used to end a fight if the Chain is in effect. If nothing else, it means I can probably stash a lot of my +Holy swords, as I now have 3 6-star ones).

And for the selection... I picked Edgar's Chainsaw. I'll make Bio work, dammit.

You could make his USB work alongside his CSB - Entrust a bar to him right when he uses the CSB and USB right afterwards, following up with Guardbringer. If you're going for speed you won't need a second Chain anyways.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That has potential. I'll need to test it against my other Holy options, of course. An entruster takes up space.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Using these non events as week events is obnoxious. People aren't playing this game for its exciting dailies!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Using these non events as week events is obnoxious. People aren't playing this game for its exciting dailies!

Unless it's Wednesday.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Unless it's Wednesday.

That's a funny way to spell Thursday.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Is anyone else considering drawing on the Kelger/Xexat banner? It has four +Ice and +Earth weapons/armor each. That's about a +infinite% increase in those kinds of boosters, especially Ice.

Hrm that is a pretty interesting banner. It has two SSBs on it to go with the new characters, but it is still a 14 item banner so they should be 1% each just like every other relic. It's a shame about Kelger's legend material, because chance to get quickcast 3 when using ninja is way less impressive than even other quickcast material, because the effect is so much less impactful on ninja speed abilities. Nothing really stopping one of the other ninjas from using one of his armors, though unfortunately they couldn't use his sword (points for Kelger being one of the few ninjas able to use swords). Shadow would of course be the one best suited to this, since his LM1 is ninja damage and not elemental damage, but Yuffie or Edge with their LMR might be worth considering as well.

That said, it is something like seven events out, which puts it as an early March event. That's pretty close to the expected arrival of the 3rd anniversary festival, isn't it? I'm going to have to contemplate it, but +element gear (especially 6* +element gear, even if one is a hammer) is pretty darn useful.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So really no CMs for this event. Kind of bullshit.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Vote with your wallet. For everyone who pulls on the gem only banner uh, they will heavily consider adding something we are missing no doubt.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I'm confused. I've run roughshod over Shadow Dragon repeatedly without issue, but I can't seem to kill out at all today.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    shadow dragon is really attack rng dependent because savage dark breath is like 3x scarier than any of his other attacks, and sometimes he'll cast it 2 times in the 15-20s range and instantly kill you, or sometimes never cast it.

edit: as an aside, I did eventually grab that tidus lmr. My pull was nothing to write home about, dupe quistis ssb fang bsb. But I gave that lmr a shot with also checking Edge in since I didn't need Shelke to get Tidus' enwater going and Onion pUSB instead of shout. 20.1s clear with screwing up my entrust sequencing and getting pretty bad anti-blink luck for Edge. Also only have Bartz dived, so there's hope for 4* fire magicite I think.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Someone posted their sub 10s clears for all 3* Magicite a day or so ago. There's one or two that I almost kinda want to try and give a go but the orb costs are decidedly non-trivial and I'd have to do a dive or two that I'm meh about.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Woot, got sub-30 on Fenrir! 29.02s, so definitely cutting it close. Stupid blinks and slows were annoying and ate a Lowen Roar, otherwise I'd have gotten it in 25s or so. I'm seriously debating making Quick Hit just to let Rikku pop the blink, or else have her do nothing but Powerchain once and just skip turns until the blinks appear, because she sure isn't doing much in the way of damage.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Woot, got sub-30 on Fenrir! 29.02s, so definitely cutting it close. Stupid blinks and slows were annoying and ate a Lowen Roar, otherwise I'd have gotten it in 25s or so. I'm seriously debating making Quick Hit just to let Rikku pop the blink, or else have her do nothing but Powerchain once and just skip turns until the blinks appear, because she sure isn't doing much in the way of damage.
    FWIW, a lot of people who use OK or Rikku on that battle have them carry Quick Hit or Powerchain explicitly for that purpose. (I moved to magic entirely instead when I finally was able to.)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Chainsaw has too good of a unique weapon sprite for being as weak a weapon as it is.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    FWIW, a lot of people who use OK or Rikku on that battle have them carry Quick Hit or Powerchain explicitly for that purpose. (I moved to magic entirely instead when I finally was able to.)

PUSB OK with Dervish does not care at all about those blinks either. Got 18secs with him, Celes (doublecast snowspell), Squall and Shelke.

This week is so boring, hope it picks up again soon.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Got a 17 on liquid flame with pretty bad double cast luck. Putting mm/dmr on a non-buff dpser feels weird but cannot deny effectiveness.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Maytag wrote: »

PUSB OK with Dervish does not care at all about those blinks either. Got 18secs with him, Celes (doublecast snowspell), Squall and Shelke.

Hm, that worked a little better, with a new time of 27.23s. Ran with this team:
    Onion Knight - Lifesiphon/Dervish, pUSB, DMT
    Celes - Protectga/Snowspell Strike, BSB2, MM
    Squall - Lifesiphon/Frost Strike, BSB2, Gathering Storm
    Ayame - Lifesiphon/Hailstorm, BSB, +30% Sword DMG
    Y'shtola - Wrath/Curada, BSB, Ace Striker

RW - Fabula Raider
    Magicite - Wendigo

Fabula Raider was basically there for anti-slow. OK spamming Dervish was enough to pop all the blinks, though there were times when I got careless and queued OK after Squall, who nearly beat his fastcast due to TGM.

Celes was hitting for 4-5k a hit with SSS, not including crits. Despite really liking her damage, I'm starting to think that I'd be better off just Entrusting that initial bar to Squall and letting him have as many actions in TGM-powered burst mode as possible.

• Options
    It's a tough balance. I played around with putting Eiko onto my Sealion team to avoid needing to have Refia to USB-BSB and only chain USB into itself or get earlier better crits. Problem is everyone now starts slowly (instead of Bartz getting the initial Entrust to get off the ground) so the time ends up being basically the same, plus Eiko's a weaker healer than Penelo USB and so everyone gets a lot lower near the end.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    We get the 5* 4 hit dirt spellblade tomorrow just in time for Ixion

Takes 10 power/6 earth/6 black ratio to hone (20/12/12 for R2, 30/18/18 for R3, 40/24/24 for R4 etc)

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Maytag wrote: »

Hm, that worked a little better, with a new time of 27.23s. Ran with this team:
    Onion Knight - Lifesiphon/Dervish, pUSB, DMT
    Celes - Protectga/Snowspell Strike, BSB2, MM
    Squall - Lifesiphon/Frost Strike, BSB2, Gathering Storm
    Ayame - Lifesiphon/Hailstorm, BSB, +30% Sword DMG
    Y'shtola - Wrath/Curada, BSB, Ace Striker

RW - Fabula Raider
    Magicite - Wendigo

Fabula Raider was basically there for anti-slow. OK spamming Dervish was enough to pop all the blinks, though there were times when I got careless and queued OK after Squall, who nearly beat his fastcast due to TGM.

Celes was hitting for 4-5k a hit with SSS, not including crits. Despite really liking her damage, I'm starting to think that I'd be better off just Entrusting that initial bar to Squall and letting him have as many actions in TGM-powered burst mode as possible.

What I do is give Celes the +40% Spellblade RM and pass a bar to Squall right at the start of the fight just like you said.
    Edit: You can also give ok affliction break to make the runs more stable.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Oooh, my fourth pull scored me Tidus's Armguards to go along with his Apoc sword. So he is probably going to be in my party for a long, long time.

I'm gearing up to give the Fire Touched Rogue event fight a shot before it ends. Here is my current party:

Tidus: R2 Lifesiphon and uhhhhh, doublestrike?
    Ingus: Shellga\Protectga and no real other contributions
    Cloud of Darkness: Waterga and Firega i guess? She has her Empress Staff so she is my second best character
    Cloud: He just carries around one of the 5* swords i got by default at start of account. He needs to be replaced, but he is a high level (65 for me lol) so he is still here. He does have Tempo Flurry which is helpful.
    Terra: Armor Breakdown and Curaga. I could switch out for one of the other breakdowns but she isn't like, amazing here on anything.

Was considering seeing if i could switch out Cloud for like, Edward or something, then putting the breakdowns on Spoony, and also switching out Terra for a real white mage, and moving shellga or protectga to the white mage so i could give that 5* knight skill i just earned to Ingus. I feel like that might be sacrificing too much damage.

It would be quite a bit of egg investment to make this switch, but I'm seriously tempted to do it. I do like Edward way better than Cloud and i can start farming Entrust for the long run...

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    We get the 5* 4 hit dirt spellblade tomorrow just in time for Ixion

Takes 10 power/6 earth/6 black ratio to hone (20/12/12 for R2, 30/18/18 for R3, 40/24/24 for R4 etc)

I don't think any ability uses that progression. 6* abilities are more expensive than that at the R4 level, 5* abilities are more expensive at the R3 level.

Going straight to R3 on "Rippling Quadstrike" from the free copy will cost 60/36/36, and an additional 60/36/36 to take it to R4.

• Options
    Hmm. I think I may want to try for Quina's USB when it comes around. Looks like I have some time to save up, too, since that event isn't within the current translation.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Oooh, my fourth pull scored me Tidus's Armguards to go along with his Apoc sword. So he is probably going to be in my party for a long, long time.

I'm gearing up to give the Fire Touched Rogue event fight a shot before it ends. Here is my current party:

Tidus: R2 Lifesiphon and uhhhhh, doublestrike?
    Ingus: Shellga\Protectga and no real other contributions
    Cloud of Darkness: Waterga and Firega i guess? She has her Empress Staff so she is my second best character
    Cloud: He just carries around one of the 5* swords i got by default at start of account. He needs to be replaced, but he is a high level (65 for me lol) so he is still here. He does have Tempo Flurry which is helpful.
    Terra: Armor Breakdown and Curaga. I could switch out for one of the other breakdowns but she isn't like, amazing here on anything.

Was considering seeing if i could switch out Cloud for like, Edward or something, then putting the breakdowns on Spoony, and also switching out Terra for a real white mage, and moving shellga or protectga to the white mage so i could give that 5* knight skill i just earned to Ingus. I feel like that might be sacrificing too much damage.

It would be quite a bit of egg investment to make this switch, but I'm seriously tempted to do it. I do like Edward way better than Cloud and i can start farming Entrust for the long run...

I just checked out the AI script for Fire Touched Rogue, here's some tips for you:

- other than some token weak physical attacks, all of the incoming damage is either fire magic or piercing physical. You can probably skip Protectga
    - if you have any fire resist accessories yet (check the Fat Chocobo shop), you'll want to equip those
    - it resists fire and has partial weakness to ice and water, so equip accordingly
    - Power Breakdown and Magic Breakdown are very good in general, this fight should not be an exception. If you can afford 5* Full Break (and the eggs to level up Tyro or Edward or someone to equip it), that's great too.
    - you might want to craft 4* Memento Mori and give it to Cloud of Darkness - the magic boost is a huge help to your damage output, and the doom timer probably won't be an issue

General tip: IMO, getting one of Full Break, Multi Break, or Enfeebling Jitterbug crafted and honed is going to be more helpful when you're starting out than Entrust. You'll hear a lot of us veterans flapping on about how good Entrust is (and it is), but that's for later stages of content. When you're just trying to survive all the way through events, being able to stack ATK and MAG breaks is a lot more important.

Fry on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Uuuugh, so tempting to grab Squall's LMR and then his BSB2 when the third anniversary rolls around. I already have his BSB1 and USB (and cutting trigger, lol), so that'd be a huge damage boost.

But that's $60 for this game, when we don't even get full ports of events anymore.

I should just save up for a Switch, right?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So, I managed to scrounge up one more pull on Super Onion Disappointment Banner.

3/11, 2 dupes... I guess Refia's LMR will pair well with her BSB, but its hard to be super excited when its competing with LD Vivi USB.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I think I may Legend Dive Eiko. She's very good at using the Bard hymns to fill out a lopsided mixed-offense team, but without her USB, extra speed in an emergency situation is pretty much exactly the kind of buff she needs.

• Options
    What's the upcoming banner schedule look like?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I have 50 mythril again. Is it worth pulling on the onion banner or better waiting for the anniversary?

I’m guessing that waiting is better here, but wanted to ask for advice!

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    I have 50 mythril again. Is it worth pulling on the onion banner or better waiting for the anniversary?

Having just drawn on the Super Onion Disappointment banner, I would suggest waiting.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »

I just got back to 50 as well, but I'm holding onto this.

My general behavior is to hold onto ~75 to be able to handle any single-day lucky draws they might throw at us.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    so after crawling my way to killing 2 magicites (earth and lightning), I finally found one that I can murder with consistency in about 40 seconds. I've killed so many whales. OK uses physical USB and then just double entrusting Lightning with her USB and then OSB OSB OSB OSB OSB dead

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

We will know more after maintenence because they can swap things around or delete them. I think we have type 0, 14, I, FFT, 8, 9, 5, 12, 2, 10, 13, 3, Type 0 again.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

We will know more after maintenence because they can swap things around or delete them. I think we have type 0, 14, I, FFT, 8, 9, 5, 12, 2, 10, 13, 3, Type 0 again.
    FWIW I have it as 0, I, 14, and then the same after there. Timing wise notably, Fest should hit roughly after 2 and push back 10 a week.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, 9 is 2 weeks after Tactics? Hmm.

• Options
    Fest is in March? I know everyone is excited for Tactics, are there any other big chase relics on those banners? Sorry for all the questions, I've been having a hard time keeping up with everything recently.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I'm really torn on IX. There's some good stuff in there for characters I like or would be glad to imvest motes into, but pulling Quina USB and being forced to run her in tons of teams would probably negatively impact my experience with the game. Not that I even run pure physical teams very often anymore...

I suppose I should wait and see how much mythril VIII saps out of me before I think about it too much.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I think wall plus is on the fest banner, maybe flash and ultra osb also?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Fest is in March? I know everyone is excited for Tactics, are there any other big chase relics on those banners? Sorry for all the questions, I've been having a hard time keeping up with everything recently.
    XIV-2 debuts Ysayle, who is very good if you need Ice magic, but the rest of the banner is actually heavy Fire.
    T is known.
    VIII-2 is good for physical Ice. VIII-1 is a little scattershot.
    IX-2 is an amazing caster banner, IX-1 is probably something you may want to avoid because it's the third tier character time (Freya, Quina) + Beatrix as bait
    V-2 is a good Fire banner, V-1 is earth physical but again a bunch of lower tier characters.

You can probably check the rest from there.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    XIV-1 has some good Wind prizes, and Haurchefant's USB might be the best pure tanking tool in the game, though it's debatable how useful that role is at all.

This discussion has been closed.