Options

The Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    I never bought it. I never played it.

I was *so* hyped for that game, I was hardcore into the mw1 competitive scene. I had it pre-ordered, but the second that interview got out I cancelled it and don't regret it for a second. That game was not what I wanted it to be, and that's ok.

But it's absolutely laughable now to look at what they did now, killing a thriving esport to save on server costs and make more on DLC, given how hard every company these days is trying their best to shoehorn esports into every game they release, but it was at the time where the pc was considered a dead platform and a waste of money for studios to release on, which again, now seems ridiculous.

Even having said all that. I can still recognise what an absolute juggernaut of a game MW2 was, what it did for the genre, for games as a whole, and the whole entertainment industry. Its insane what that game did.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I still remember all my favorite loadouts and maps in mw2, as well as which ones I was using for my best games. A lot of that was the fact I was playing it in high school when I had a lot of time to do that shit, playing with my best friends, and my depression hadn't hit as hard yet, but any game that sticks with me that much is worth reflecting on.

If they ever do a remaster like they did for the first modern warfare I'll probably end up getting it.

I would bet a hundred bucks there’s a MW2 remastered in the pipeline right now.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yesterday went by and no announcement of Burnout Paradise Remastered

I firmly believe it's not actually happening now

Makes sense, it'd be EA giving people something they want for once

• Options
    Its one of those games that I just don't see the need for a remaster. Everything they could and would do to that game for a re-release would only make it worse. Don't mess with it. I felt the same way about MW1.

• Options
    Put it on modern consoles

Like that's really the only reason anyone is clamoring for it

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hey guys. Friday Night my computers os completely died for no discernible reason, repair failed and restoring to an earlier version failed, so I had to reinstall it.

Then Monday, while walking to work, I slipped on some ice, twisted my right ankle and fucked up my right wrist.

Now I just had to sit (well, lie down) through a Tsunami warning in my area.

So I'm doing well, how about you guys?

(Tsunami didn't hit my area, thankfully)

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I want to be in the room where jeff's boss talked to him about shooting an employee under his supervision with an airsoft gun on camera

Jeff just showed his boss a 15-second highlight reel of Dan Ryckert and the boss acquitted him of all charges.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    I want to be in the room where jeff's boss talked to him about shooting an employee under his supervision with an airsoft gun on camera

Jeff just showed his boss a 15-second highlight reel of Dan Ryckert and the boss acquitted him of all charges.

"So he tried to cook egg shells thinking they were egg whites...?"

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

please tell me that didn't really happen

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZveytjmGWT8

sig.gif
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/ZveytjmGWT8

• Options
    why are eggs there

sig.gif
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    How has that man lived to adulthood?

• Options

The Dan Ryckert Conundrum

sig.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Dan Ryckert is as lucky as he is ignorant.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

He's also a film school graduate and quite successful in his chosen career.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular

Isn't Burnout Paradise backwards compatible on the Xbox One? Yup just checked it, it is. So technically the only platform that does not have it, is the PS4 right?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Yes, put Burnout Paradise out on the console I have please.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

Dan and Jason have a Picture of Dorian Grey situation, where all of the consequences that would normally befall Dan are instead transferred onto Jason. That explains how Dan drinks ten cans of Coke a day but Jason is the one who almost lost a foot to diabetes.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular

Isn't Burnout Paradise backwards compatible on the Xbox One? Yup just checked it, it is. So technically the only platform that does not have it, is the PS4 right?

I just came into say this! I play Burnout Paradise on the Xbone all of the time, it's great!

• Options
    Put it on the modern consoles that people actually own

PS4 and Switch

Also Xbox One too, it's not like it couldn't use a slight graphical gussying up

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Oh hey, God of War launches on 4/20, same as Labo.

I need video of Dan playing GoW in the Robot suit.

• Options

PS4 and Switch

oh man! burn....I don't want to turn this into a PC vs Console debate but it's good to have a decent PC whenever I get the itch to play an old classic.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the music licensing from that generation of EA games is probably too big of a problem to ever re-release them.

which is a shame because I'd love SSX Tricky and 3 to be remastered at some point.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    by the way seeing that God of War trailer man...even if I didn't have a PC the PS4 has so many titles that speak to me! Final Fantasy Dissidia, God of War, Bloodborne phew. Talk about turning it around.

• Options
    If a burnout game doesn't have My Curse by Killswitch Engage and 13 different versions of Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne, is it really a burnout game at all?

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Last year was pretty great for the PS4, too.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »
    If a burnout game doesn't have My Curse by Killswitch Engage and 13 different versions of Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne, is it really a burnout game at all?

HEY HEY YOU YOU

• Options
    My Curse is the only Killswitch Engage song I know. And it's pretty good!

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    jaziek wrote: »

HEY HEY YOU YOU

...get off of my cloud?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

PS4 and Switch

oh man! burn....I don't want to turn this into a PC vs Console debate but it's good to have a decent PC whenever I get the itch to play an old classic.

The PC version doesn't have Big Surf Island or the Cops and Robbers DLC. A multiplatform remaster is pretty much the only way that content would ever come to PC.

• Options
    Wait really? Shit I gotta pay attention to the stuff I buy during Steam Sales. Oh man I just remembered that DS2 DLC isn't available on PC either...

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The Dark Souls 2 DLC is baked into the Scholar Of The First Sin edition, isn't it?

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The Dark Souls 2 DLC is baked into the Scholar Of The First Sin edition, isn't it?

yup

• Options
    DS2 = Dead Space 2 :(

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

I want a remastered Dead Space collection 1000x more than any Mass Effect one.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

I want a remastered Dead Space collection 1000x more than any Mass Effect one.

Please yes god this is the only series from last gen I need back

I miss those games a lot

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I love how much Jeff loves Labo

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I love how much Jeff loves Labo

Wait, that can't be right.

Jeff is a cynical bastard who hates all games, ESPECIALLY Nintendo ones. The internet told me that.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Well he loved Mario Maker, so I guess he just prefers Nintendo's non-games to their standard games.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.