As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX DVD Teaser

LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In CyberspaceThe Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2004 in PAX Archive
After remembering about the PAX DVD, I headed over to loose-marbles.com to check up on the status and noticed that there was a teaser up for it.

http://www.loose-marbles.com/Movies/PAX%20Teaser.wmv

Pretty nice. :)

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
Legacy on

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Yeah, very nice.

Looks like they got some good footage + editing skills.

Can't wait 8)

P.S.- Needs more ZIG.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    SnowGhostSnowGhost Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    How many of you can see yourself in this preview? I spotted myself three or four times. I wonder how many times I'll show up in the finished DVD.

SnowGhost on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Ha ha ha! My friend is in it 3 or 4 times.

At the beginning, there are some guys getting close to the entrance. My friend is the one with dyed red hair. I was with two of the guys that the video showed banging on the door.

Oh...and if I pause it at about 18 seconds, I can see that I'm in it wearing a hat. Oh! And I can also see the guy who was first in line for PAX at this same screenshot.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I saw a friend I met at pax in the preview. Its like zoomed in on her, and then it pans out to show the crowd. Its right before they show Conney Lin.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I think I see myself in the big shot of the crowd, but I do clearly see quite a few of the West Coast Supertrippers, including the Detroit guys I rode up with...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    MoriartyMoriarty __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    I didn't go, but if that dvd has the entire performances by Front, Optimus Rhyme and Minibosses, I'm totally going to buy a copy.

Moriarty on
    will suck dick for shock images and videos
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    Say...why is MC Frontalot's face blurred out? Is it because his face is not ready for the public?

If so, then I feel pretty lucky. I got to talk to him after the show. Aiiiieeee!

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Say...why is MC Frontalot's face blurred out? Is it because his face is not ready for the public?

If so, then I feel pretty lucky. I got to talk to him after the show. Aiiiieeee!

They probably haven't gotten his permission for the DVD yet.

Legacy on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    Moriarty wrote:
    I didn't go, but if that dvd has the entire performances by Front, Optimus Rhyme and Minibosses, I'm totally going to buy a copy.

It was going to have the entire performances(if they got permissions of course), but the audio wasn't recorded well enough it seems, so he's going to make a highlight segment with pre-recorded music. Or so it says on his site.

Legacy on
  • Options
    MoriartyMoriarty __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:

They probably haven't gotten his permission for the DVD yet.
    No, I think it's because Frontalot doesn't like to show his face, for whatever reason. All the pictures of him on his site are pictures of other rappers, but with the dots over his eyes.

He also specifically requested on his site that any pictures from PAX should have his face censored out.

Will they be able to use Frontalot's pre-recorded stuff for the DVD? I mean, isn't it pretty much nothing but unlicensed samples?

Moriarty on
    will suck dick for shock images and videos
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    So... what's up with the dvd?

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited November 2004
    Working... on... it... I'll let you guys know the second I get news. Right now the concert stuff is getting worked on I believe. We should be getting some stuff in the mail any day now I believe.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Oh crap, people were filming the DDR machine?

Man I'm gonna have to go into seclusion after this DVD comes out. :P

Is there an estimated price? I'd like to figure out how much I'm gonna spend on this and the EVO 2004 DVDs...

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • Options
    SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    It's been a while since I have heard anything about the DVD. Any news?

SoulFury on