As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The house situation went to shit.

well fucking great id say 30% chance this ends up with the house being sold and the money being split.

What happened?

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    oh lord it just occurred to me how incredible it would be to have bloodborne on the switch.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

well fucking great id say 30% chance this ends up with the house being sold and the money being split.

What happened?

Family bullshit with my sister in law who was going to live in the basement.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

What happened?

was the house left to both of you?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    MrAnthropy wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Btw. I've also never watched an episode of Law and Order.

Someone has never been in a hotel room with the TV on...

It's kind of amazing how the TV just naturally gravitates toward Law and Order.

I had a former coworker who had been raised in a very sheltered environment growing up. Very religious, not much exposure to pop culture. And on a work trip she found herself in a hotel room and as happens in hotel rooms the TV started playing Law and Order. She found it incredibly traumatic. I tried to be supportive, trying to figure out if it was a trigger for something but it seemed like just the whole idea from someone dying to the police investigation to the trail distressed her. I found that to be a staggering level of sheltered upbringing.

I have an Executive Producer Dick Wolf t shirt

jake irl

xOr4B5a.jpg?fb

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Honestly I really wish I could of posted pictures of the state of the house before cleaning.

It was so bad like I would of considered it uninhabitable, absolutely would of had the kids taken away if anyone seen that and we were living there.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

What happened?

That sucks.

• Options

What happened?

To my wife and only IF everyone agrees to it otherwise its to be sold and split.

• Options

What happened?

To my wife and only IF everyone agrees to it otherwise its to be sold and split.

well

I can't say I'm too surprised that someone isn't willing to pass on $$ even for family. hear those kinda stories a lot unfortunately.

sorry man

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

What happened?

That is a fucking insanely stupid way to will something. "You get the house but only if nobody else wants to make 5 figures from their share of the sale" is nutso

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I had a former coworker who had been raised in a very sheltered environment growing up. Very religious, not much exposure to pop culture. And on a work trip she found herself in a hotel room and as happens in hotel rooms the TV started playing Law and Order. She found it incredibly traumatic. I tried to be supportive, trying to figure out if it was a trigger for something but it seemed like just the whole idea from someone dying to the police investigation to the trail distressed her. I found that to be a staggering level of sheltered upbringing.

It's really wild to see that kind of thing in people. It happens a lot more often than I would have thought.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I have a dentist appointment in 30 minutes and hiccups. Woe is me

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

It's really wild to see that kind of thing in people. It happens a lot more often than I would have thought.

Yeah and the thing I found weird is that she was going into Marketing. Which just seems like an odd choice for someone so very sheltered.

• Options
    I sometimes wonder if all those police procedural shows have had a cultural impact re: how cops get venerated, stranger danger, etc etc

• Options
    I sometimes wonder if all those police procedural shows have had a cultural impact re: how cops get venerated, stranger danger, etc etc

Quite likely. Although stranger danger had a lot of momentum on it's own from parent groups.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    milski wrote: »

What happened?

That is a fucking insanely stupid way to will something. "You get the house but only if nobody else wants to make 5 figures from their share of the sale" is nutso

The main consideration was my brother in law being a dependent and if who ever took him had their own home.

Of the 4 sisters two already own homes and are unable to take care of him, and the 3rd well yeah no (this is the one we are dealing with now) and then the wife.

See this was being all fixed in a new will but it wasnt all signed and shit before mom fell ill and was unable to complete this.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options

What happened?

The main consideration was my brother in law being a dependent and if who ever took him had their own home.

who takes him if the house gets sold?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    also as much as I enjoy Zelda im wondering if I shouldn't have picked up Mario instead

I only play in 15-30 minute blocks and it feels like not enough time to get anything done really

Sir Landshark on
  • Options

What happened?

We do regardless.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    The Witness is a goddamn masterpiece of a game.

Not many games make me say "Oh, you bastard" out loud.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Happy! Is pretty great if you want SVU stabler to be mixed with Gene the insane camp cook from Wet Hot

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I bloody hate wills where property inheritance is contingent on like, everyone else in the will being okay with the named beneficiary getting the house, and elsewise it's just gonna be put up by the executor and split X ways

y'all know that shit ain't working out

Eddy on
  • Options

What happened?

We do regardless.

yeah I gotta agree with milski then. seems like the will was written really poorly. sorry again bud. maybe you guys can do a cash out refinance on the house and pay off your SIL's share or something? prob gonna need a lawyer tho.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Yeah and the thing I found weird is that she was going into Marketing. Which just seems like an odd choice for someone so very sheltered.

You ever seen one of those folks that has the opposite reaction? Was super sheltered then gets some freedom and goes hog wild wallowing in it?

A buddy of my "dated" a girl while he was in college. Really they just talked on the phone a lot and saw each other once a week at his job. This girl was just about to go to public college after graduating home school. Her parents pretty much kept her locked in the house other than she got to go to the store (with her parents) to rent games / shows.

She ended up going to UGA a couple of years into my tenure. She showed up at the anime club and she had gone wild. Like straight up Girls Gone Wild style. They didn't really date much after she went to college cause he couldn't keep up.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    the apartment shit worked out tho, they put the right stuff in the lease?

also sad leaving chan...

have you considered eating ridiculously spicy food to numb your feelings (do you see this friendship, this not just saying don't do vodka but offering ALTERNATIVES)

@Organichu

you tryna muscle in on my turf here or what

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

Apparently it was a real issue with juries in the early/mid 00s. People were expecting there to be one smoking gun piece of evidence that would totally turn the case rather than it being a case of the prosecution making an argument beyond a reasonable doubt

Apparently now it’s the polar opposite, where people ignore one big piece of evidence in favor of the argument

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Eddy wrote: »
    I bloody hate wills where property inheritance is contingent on like, everyone else in the will being okay with the named beneficiary getting the house, and elsewise it's just gonna be put up by the executor and split X ways

If I hated my family, that is exactly the sort of will I would make.

Alternatively, allow anybody to get whatever they want, but make it like a contest where they have to run through the property calling it when they reach what they want and have to haul it off in a certain amount of time or someone else can get it.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

if everyone agrees to it, my favorite son gets $1 million and everyone else gets $10k

if someone disagrees, everyone gets $15k and the rest goes to charity

*popcorn*

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    SVU has promoted virtually every moral panic of the last century at one point or another

I remember one where the found a child molestor by tracking him in a WoW clone by figuring out the sunsets in the game or some shit

• Options

You ever seen one of those folks that has the opposite reaction? Was super sheltered then gets some freedom and goes hog wild wallowing in it?

A buddy of my "dated" a girl while he was in college. Really they just talked on the phone a lot and saw each other once a week at his job. This girl was just about to go to public college after graduating home school. Her parents pretty much kept her locked in the house other than she got to go to the store (with her parents) to rent games / shows.

She ended up going to UGA a couple of years into my tenure. She showed up at the anime club and she had gone wild. Like straight up Girls Gone Wild style. They didn't really date much after she went to college cause he couldn't keep up.

Oh yeah. Girl I went to high school with went from super sheltered Christian to full on rave chick. She got it out of her system eventually but there were a couple of other bad choices along the way.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Instead of an executor it should be an executioner, one of those big motherfuckers from the first level of resident evil 4, and whoever can get past him or her gets the inheritance

override367 on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Please don't make you will confusing. Sure as shit some bank or the state will benefit from it in that case.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    My favorite part of wills and trusts is the promise and possibility of absurd conditionals to hit, like some real Agatha Christie stay-in-a-haunted-house-for-the-night-with-ten-strangers-and-I've-definitely-hired-and-invited-a-sketchy-hitman estate type shit

Eddy on
  • Options
    assume my kids are all adults when I die they're getting nothing because they've already started life on ez mode and also daddy two personal jets

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

No it's a 4x like Crusader Kings in space, except way easier to play than Crusader Kings.

@TheKoolEagle and I have been playing a multiplayer game on his stream and my psychic aliens and his angry cat people are defending ourselves from holy avengers trying to burn us with fire. It's great.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Alternatively, allow anybody to get whatever they want, but make it like a contest where they have to run through the property calling it when they reach what they want and have to haul it off in a certain amount of time or someone else can get it.

My ideal hate-family will would basically be an equitable split, but random people get veto power... to give things to *another* person that's not them.

"Jack shall receive the under-construction house and the account with enough funds to cover the remainder of the costs. However, if Susan objects to the house transfer, it will instead be transferred to William. If William objects to the transfer of the funding account it will instead be transferred to Dave."

I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.