As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The fight starts August 14th

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Having only recently resubbed to wow, I hit 110 on my first toon today (DH).

I was looking at levelling my druid as well, but looking at the fact that it has 4 artifacts weapons, how arduous is it to level alts in legion?

It is pretty easy, especially heirlooms. Artifact weapons aren't much of an issue either. Once you hit 110 all the artifacts will give anywhere from 100 million to 5 billion artifact power.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    One thing to keep in mind is the legendary situation, where a spec's effectiveness can and will be determined by which ones have dropped for you

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

I was looking at levelling my druid as well, but looking at the fact that it has 4 artifacts weapons, how arduous is it to level alts in legion?

It is pretty easy, especially heirlooms. Artifact weapons aren't much of an issue either. Once you hit 110 all the artifacts will give anywhere from 100 million to 5 billion artifact power.

I have just finished leveling a rogue to 110 I currently have every class but priest/paladin/dk to 110 with class mounts. Hitting 110 the first AP token you get usually is enough to fill out your weapon and give you one or two convergence levels. Really the only tricky thing is getting good relics is still a bit annoying but if you do argus just use your veiled argunite to buy the ones you need to fill them out.

With the new legendary catchup mechanic stuff going in today it is about as easy to play alts now as at this point in past expansions. The catch up mechanics are pretty crazy you will go from fresh 110 to ilevel 850 almost instantly and then to 900 is easy with argus.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    They increased mob HP more than tenfold by the time you get to level 80, and increased XP per level by up to 75%. It sounds awful, but I did some playing around with it on PTR and it actually feels really good. I think levelling will take longer but will actually feel like WoW again, which is only a good thing. 100 hours of interesting levelling where you get to actually play your character and do quests in a logical way is better than 60 hours of levelling where you oneshot every mob with filler spells and outlevel zones halfway through.

It basically means you kinda need to do the zones now instead of just leveling so fast you do one or two zones in an expansion and then are done.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Our raid team had our first go at Heroic stuff. Cleared regular then did a few bosses in Heroic.
    Heroic portal keeper sucks. We had a pretty good attempt and then when we finished the third platform and came down everyone ported into the green strip thing she throws down which killed us.

Not too bad. And you don't have to get all the artifacts straight away. It's a time sink sure, but you should be able to catch up pretty quick.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    That all sounds good.

I should probably get my DH raid ready first....

I made the mistake of looking at the Druid skins from the legendary weapons... I stopped playing wow when it was "green bear" or "orange bear".

Now I can have a bear made of stone or a cat made of crystal and it's given me some buyers remorse on the DH :lol:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

I have just finished leveling a rogue to 110 I currently have every class but priest/paladin/dk to 110 with class mounts. Hitting 110 the first AP token you get usually is enough to fill out your weapon and give you one or two convergence levels. Really the only tricky thing is getting good relics is still a bit annoying but if you do argus just use your veiled argunite to buy the ones you need to fill them out.

With the new legendary catchup mechanic stuff going in today it is about as easy to play alts now as at this point in past expansions. The catch up mechanics are pretty crazy you will go from fresh 110 to ilevel 850 almost instantly and then to 900 is easy with argus.

Well, it's still hard to hit 75 to fully unlock the Netherlight Crucible with your artifact weapons. Requires a lot of artifact power. If you're a multi-spec class, it's pretty hard to get all your artifacts up there.

Whether that's necessary though, I doubt. But it does mean you're not at FULL POWER for all your specs.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    That all sounds good.

I made the mistake of looking at the Druid skins from the legendary weapons... I stopped playing wow when it was "green bear" or "orange bear".

Now I can have a bear made of stone or a cat made of crystal and it's given me some buyers remorse on the DH :lol:

Wait, where do they have what these skins look like?!

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Koreg wrote: »
    That all sounds good.

Wait, where do they have what these skins look like?!

Wowhead. If you go to Tools in the header, and pick the Artifact Weapon calculator (then your class, then your spec), it's under the appearances tab (along the bottom of the calculator window). Here's Feral, and here's Guardian. It shows each appearance type with all recolors, and if you hover your pointer over the icon for each color scheme, it will tell you what method is needed to be unlocked in a tooltip. You can turn the model around by clicking with your left mouse button and moving the pointer, reposition the model within the viewer by clicking the right mouse button and moving your pointer, and zoom in or out using the scroll wheel while hovering the pointer inside the viewer frame.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    So is there a time window for Battle for Azeroth? Like, I'd been thinking it'd be the holiday season, but further up this page it was starting to sound like you guys expect it for summer?

extremely optimistic hope is for a late summer release
    crushing realism guess is more like winter 2018 or even spring 2019 but I'd be happy to be wrong

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    I really want the furbolg bear druid skin, but I don’t know that my level 46 druid will be high enough to ever do the mage tower before the next expansion drops.

• Options
    hippofant wrote: »

Well, it's still hard to hit 75 to fully unlock the Netherlight Crucible with your artifact weapons. Requires a lot of artifact power. If you're a multi-spec class, it's pretty hard to get all your artifacts up there.

Whether that's necessary though, I doubt. But it does mean you're not at FULL POWER for all your specs.

Honestly if you are not a high end world first style mythic raider even the first tier of netherlight stuff is overkill. Once you hit 110 it takes about an hour to be fully geared up enough to do normal raiding and be able to do your job effectively.

• Options
    I really want the furbolg bear druid skin, but I don’t know that my level 46 druid will be high enough to ever do the mage tower before the next expansion drops.

Honestly even with the leveling changes you still have many months before the expansion comes out plenty of time to hit 110 and once there it would not take that long to get challenge capable. The guardian druid is really tough and you would be able to over gear the challenge pretty rapidly. And now they have the new legendary catchup token things makes it easier to fish for some legendaries like the luffa which apparently really makes that fight a lot easier.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

Honestly if you are not a high end world first style mythic raider even the first tier of netherlight stuff is overkill. Once you hit 110 it takes about an hour to be fully geared up enough to do normal raiding and be able to do your job effectively.

What about mythic+ stuff?

I don't actually know what's going on in progression raids, since I don't do them, but tanks and healers seem like they might need more stuff for mythic+ runs. Maybe not DPS so much, but.....

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    You need to be like 900-915 average ilvl before people will reasonably take you in normal difficulty Antorus pick up groups, and even then you'll get rejected a lot below 930 ilvl. Going below that, you're probably not pulling your weight. And you can't reach 900 ilvl in an hour after hitting 110 without a bunch of Argus account-bound 880 gear tokens being fed to your new character from an old one.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    That all sounds good.

Guardian is boring as hell to play and the skin novelty wears off quick

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    I want to gear my Brew for the tank challenge since come on, giant glowing lamp stick. That thing is cool, and Brew has depth, manipulating Stagger feels actually rewarding.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Should of thought about that first

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    I want to gear my Brew for the tank challenge since come on, giant glowing lamp stick. That thing is cool, and Brew has depth, manipulating Stagger feels actually rewarding.

The manipulation is a bit of a false front, in my experience. Letting ironskin brew fall off is never the right choice, so in reality all you really do is maintain ironskin and them whatever excess brews you have go into purifying. Purifying at the right time is a skill, but the brewmaster stagger balancing act never really worked out the way Blizzard wanted it to.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    The mob health boost is not being added (or is already in Legion) to Legion yea? Leveling as a prot warrior is already slow enough heh.

• Options

I have all 4 on mine (and all maxed as far as the initial traits), and it didn't take alot of extra effort.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    The mob health boost is not being added (or is already in Legion) to Legion yea? Leveling as a prot warrior is already slow enough heh.

Nah, just Draenor and down.

• Options
    So is the bag thing a joke? I don't have extra slots :P

• Options
    So is the bag thing a joke? I don't have extra slots :P

you need SMS Protect enabled too

• Options
    edited January 2018
    It is (now). Maybe it takes awhile. Oh well.

EDIT: Or maybe an ElvUI update.

EDIT2: OH LOL. 4 more slots total, not 4 more slots for 4 bags.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It is (now). Maybe it takes awhile. Oh well.

EDIT: Or maybe an ElvUI update.

Just to clarify, it's four inventory slots added to your backpack. You don't get 4 extra bags.

If you're using ElvUI with the one bag enabled then it's likely you wouldn't even notice the extra slots unless you stopped and counted them.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    New LFR wing is bugged and will spawn you in a location in which you cannot reach the boss if you wipe.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    This is not really what I expect from Blizzard because usually they pre test this junk before rolling it out

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Have they removed Argus from the skybox for everyone with this patch?

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    The change's to transmog raids have sucked a little enjoyment out of the game for me.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Seeing reports that Mimiron's Head may no longer be obtainable (no longer shows up in the journal)

• Options
    The regular leveling dungeons (at least at 60) are really brutal now. Died 7 times in a ramparts run as the tank. :/

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    EU servers are shutting down shortly, so I guess I'm going to bed.

I'd just discovered pet battles, too !

• Options
    Have they removed Argus from the skybox for everyone with this patch?

Only if you've cleared Antorus.

• Options
    Zunde wrote: »
    The change's to transmog raids have sucked a little enjoyment out of the game for me.

What changes?

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Old world raid boss health has been increased by around 300% and Mechanics are causing despawn issues. Some might be bugs others is just making outdated content harder for the sake of more time played.

• Options
    My friend was doing HFC and one of the bosses had 330 million health.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Old world raid boss health has been increased by around 300% and Mechanics are causing despawn issues. Some might be bugs others is just making outdated content harder for the sake of more time played.

Current rumblings on the bug report forums are that taking the ICC teleporter to Arthas is dropping you into a void instead, good stuff.

Also a significant number of the population is experiencing severe FPS drops during raid encounters, myself included. Disabling addons has helped some people, but is not guaranteed.

• Options

Why?
    I only went back to those raids because I wanted something out of it like pets or other crap this again makes no sense

This discussion has been closed.