As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The fight starts August 14th

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Fucking hell the DPS check in Argus P1 is brutal, if you don't skip the 8th Tortured Rage you end up with an extra set of fears and rages and everything just turns to shit in P2.

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    I have a 100 character boost from somewhere - I think from pre ordering WoD, but I thought I'd used that one :/. Anyways, what kind of state is feral druid in at the top? Fun to play? It's that or my mage, I can't decide.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I have a 100 character boost from somewhere - I think from pre ordering WoD, but I thought I'd used that one :/. Anyways, what kind of state is feral druid in at the top? Fun to play? It's that or my mage, I can't decide.

Fun to play, good damage overall.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    On the guild, H Kin'garoth died yesterday. Which is great, because it means a whole raid night to kill Vari and getting started with Coven.

Did a Vari pull to check it out, is just Normal + "move away and use a defensive when you get the thing", which meh, is still a boring fight.

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Good to know, thanks. Main objective is that tiger-esq artifact tint however.

Just seen patch 1.29 for WC3 is on the PTR. Proper widescreen, 24 player support. Exciting!

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    I need to send thank you notes to whoever carried me through lfr argos to get my legendary ring last night. Figured I was ready, I wasn’t, died really early, someone said “should we kick the troll?” Bunch of others said “nah, hes just new, we can handle it.” and proceded to one shot him. So thanks random classy internet people.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I wiped a raid on lfr aggramar because I was tanking (wanted my argus cache) and I didn't realize lfr aggramar doesn't use foe breaker

whoops, flame rended off the platform

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Fucking hell the DPS check in Argus P1 is brutal, if you don't skip the 8th Tortured Rage you end up with an extra set of fears and rages and everything just turns to shit in P2.

it's not as bad as it seems at first; a big part of learning the mechanics in p1 is learning them well enough that you keep your raid's buff uptime high. Difference between a three stack sky and a one stack sea (or just losing the buffs outright) is really large

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    I wiped a raid on lfr aggramar because I was tanking (wanted my argus cache) and I didn't realize lfr aggramar doesn't use foe breaker

Hah! That happened to me too.

• Options

I actually think that's harder than just letting him foebreaker. Four knockbacks in a row can put you dangerously close to an edge if a tank starts him in the wrong spot.

• Options

it's not as bad as it seems at first; a big part of learning the mechanics in p1 is learning them well enough that you keep your raid's buff uptime high. Difference between a three stack sky and a one stack sea (or just losing the buffs outright) is really large

I'm just really not looking forward to the moment when we're working on Phase 3 and have to wipe 2-3 times to P1 in between every P3 attempt because people think "Oh phase is learned" and think they can cruise control through it.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    On the guild, H Kin'garoth died yesterday. Which is great, because it means a whole raid night to kill Vari and getting started with Coven.

Did a Vari pull to check it out, is just Normal + "move away and use a defensive when you get the thing", which meh, is still a boring fight.

The group I run with did H Kin last week for the firs time. Probably going to start skipping ahead now so we can work on the back half. Sadly, they only run one night a week. At this point I've been debating a 2x weekly Heroic group so I can try to push for aotc.

am0n on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

Hah! That happened to me too.

Hi 5 same thing here. Group was mad too because they just had a tank leave after making the same mistake. They tried to tell me about it but weren’t super clear, and I figured I did it enough times on normal and heroic that it would be nbd. Turns out in lfr it can just be solo tanked so I stood back the next attempt in shame.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Wowhead has pretty clearly adopted a "Pay us or piss off" attitude when it comes to how hostile their ad system is which is pretty sad since 95% of their content is user submitted comments.

Not sure if it's still the case, but if you open the developer tools or whatever it's called (control +shift + i on Chrome), I think it still improves the performance. When that was originally discovered, it was because those scripts would stop running if that was open.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    How to max out your fishing artifact - Join a Sha'leth group and sit on the railing and watch the suckers chase the fishing spot while you soak up all the profit.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

yeah vari is still pretty easy, heroic coven is a real bastard though, probably the hardest encounter in heroic.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Don't remember if anyone mentioned it here. But the archaeology quest for the ghost moose is up this week (and was last week too). It took me and my wife like 2 hours to do with legion flying. It apparently only comes up once every 6 months or so.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular

I really, really miss having FF as a ranged tag/pull as feral. Or even moonfire.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I thought you could have moonfire as feral as a talent? since that first tier is more of a personal choice

Still I feel the talent system needs to go back to what it once was but don't gives us 100's of points to spend more like 50 or so as that way we can go back to a feel and comfort of play than the cookie cutter it is now

• Options
    edited February 2018
    You can talent into moonfire though? It is not a damage decrease, it just gives you another button to worry about. Barring that just popping into moonkin for a sec to mf/sf is also an option if you take balance affinity.

Honestly I like my cat druid, I would talent into brutal slash for most situations, you will tear up aoe and cleave. Incarnation/brutal slash/moment of clarity is in general a pretty fun and effective build.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I have the balance affinity talent, but IIRC it didn't make moonfire useable in cat form, for legion.

I just miss being able to tag crap from a distance and be lazy and not having to shift out and back :D

EDIT: Ah, wrong talent I was looking at. Hm. Well either way I miss FF :D

Bigity on
  • Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    I have the balance affinity talent, but IIRC it didn't make moonfire useable in cat form, for legion.

Check the first row of talents. The ones you get at level 15.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Plus if you end up not liking it, you've got plenty to switch to.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Oh look Ret Paladins, looks like your up on BfA.

Doesn't seem like a ton of changes but I think there was at least one and likely two that will make you happy. Otherwise I dunno enough about the spec to be sure.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Kai_San wrote: »

Doesn't seem like a ton of changes but I think there was at least one and likely two that will make you happy. Otherwise I dunno enough about the spec to be sure.

The Mastery now is just a % Holy damage increase and Judg window is now 15 sec up from 8. That's a huge change and something that will make the spec much less frustrating.

And some other stuff, like moving Wake of Ashes up the talent tree so you can have both it and Crusade like now. Crusade is going from 15 stacks to 10, but a Crusade nerf was expected.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    is there still an active PA guild? I mentioned a buddy of mine getting into the game but I know he's not gonna play all that much so if I'm gonna put time in I'd rather it be on a server where I might get to play with more people.

I think there's one in SE++ but idk if there's another, or if they're related, or what. just interested in having folks to chatter with while playing, doesn't have to be more than that.

thanks for any info!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

The Mastery now is just a % Holy damage increase and Judg window is now 15 sec up from 8. That's a huge change and something that will make the spec much less frustrating.

And some other stuff, like moving Wake of Ashes up the talent tree so you can have both it and Crusade like now. Crusade is going from 15 stacks to 10, but a Crusade nerf was expected.

Also a little spell called hammer of wrath. But no one liked that one I think.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Looking around, Shaman, they moved some stuff up and down the tree, sites arent updated so can't actually check, but Ele got a lot of changes, bigger ones are IMO:
    • Earth Shock CD was removed. Now is the same as live, because putting a CD on a spender is dumb since is already limited by the resource aka the CD only makes you cap and waste resources more often which is frustrating in practice.
    • Icefury is back ( :biggrin: )
    • Volcanic Rage was removed.
    • Their whole Earthquake revamp was scrapped since feedback overall was that it was clunky and it was waaay too much setup for the same performance of other casters aka not fun.
    • Maelstrom gain was nerfed across the board, but Earthquake went down in cost. Makes sense I guess, since all the Maelstrom was needed on their new EQ system that, as I've said, was deleted.

FS CD is still there (sigh), but those are good changes across the board.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    And Zandalari totems are up:
    c4nh799wt3ix.png
    Bigger version. They look amazing, as expected.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Looking like Mag'har area almost certainly going to be an allied race. I'd have guessed Wildhammer to match but I can't see two allied dwarf races.

Maybe something like "Lordareon Survivors" or something, depends on how the Battle for the Undercity shakes out.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Good thing about class Discord is that the meme game is on point, for example, the alpha CBT changes:
    unknown.png

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I don't get it. Neither of those cars are buses.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    is there still an active PA guild? I mentioned a buddy of mine getting into the game but I know he's not gonna play all that much so if I'm gonna put time in I'd rather it be on a server where I might get to play with more people.

I think there's one in SE++ but idk if there's another, or if they're related, or what. just interested in having folks to chatter with while playing, doesn't have to be more than that.

thanks for any info!

I don't think there is really an active PA guild, most people chat in discord I think.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Looking like Mag'har area almost certainly going to be an allied race. I'd have guessed Wildhammer to match but I can't see two allied dwarf races.

Maybe something like "Lordareon Survivors" or something, depends on how the Battle for the Undercity shakes out.

I am guessing either kul tira humans or high elves.

• Options
    It would be KT humans, high elves and void elves might be too much.

• Options
    It would be KT humans, high elves and void elves might be too much.

No, listen, just 2 or 3 more elves and then we're done, I swear!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's going to be vulpera and we're all going to go "fucking god dammit"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    mag'har and KT humans should really just be customization options for existing orcs/humans

but eh, I guess they can tie in a scenario and fancy leveling transmogs

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i wouldn't be surprised if the model swaps for male orcs and both genders of KT humans are dramatic enough that there's code-base level stuff that demands they be new races instead of customization

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    mag'har and KT humans should really just be customization options for existing orcs/humans

but eh, I guess they can tie in a scenario and fancy leveling transmogs

can make same argument for Lightforged Draenei or Highmountain Tauren and it didn't stop them then

This discussion has been closed.