As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Does anyone remember this DOS “sex game”

Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
Here comes a bizarre request.

Way back in the BBS dialup days, before you had actual “internet service”, my then-14-yr-old self stumbled into this all-text DOS program.

The way I remember it, it would ask you a series of questions (male or female? Is partner male or female? Are you a teenager or grown up? What’s your name? Etc). Then it would spit out one of a couple dozen pre-written “Penthouse-esque” stories you could page through, with some of the details modified slightly based on your answers.

The story setups were super tropey — there was a “guy at beach using binoculars locks eyes with a woman also using binoculars”, a “boy mowing the lawn gets invited in for lemonade”, a “curious teen experiments with his male friend”, etc etc.

I’m mostly looking for anybody that can confirm this thing actually existed, maybe a name or a wiki article describing it. I’ve tried a couple times to do a raw google search and have always drawn a blank.

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2018
    There was a floppy disk bootable game way back in the day called Eros that you would answer a series of questions on and it would suggest sexual activity based on your answers.

A collextion of short stories, positions, and sexual activities were on offer after answering the questions.

This is like 1983ish

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    What you might be looking for is a BBS game, not "DOS". These would have been the text-based/ASCII games that Sysops installed on their BBS. I distinctly remember Bordello being one.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment