As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I hadn't considered how things might play out with steady breath. I suppose it and aether achieve a higher arena score.

I like TA/swordbreaker because it pretty much guarantees that she'll be able to defeat most every red that you could throw at her. She downright trivializes a lot of scary red swords.
    That's plenty pulling her own weight as far as I'm concerned. Then you can focus the rest of your team on checking other threats.

I suppose that I haven't taken her into the arena since the Falchion refines, but with TA and swordbreaker she's probably as scary to the Falchion users as they are to her.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'm not really using her for arena, just my dragon team :P I just have the fodder to make her nice build-wise, as a hero I use kind of a lot. Since feathers aren't at such a premium now, getting Aether on her is not that bad - I just gotta promote a Chrom.

I was using TA3 on her for awhile but kind of finding it annoying. It made her way too vulnerable to any color that was not red.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I guess that the mindset that I've been following is that that's what dance was for. That she could handily handle anything red, and that she would just enable her team to handle everything else by handing out extra actions.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I found it impossible to get to tier 25 in conquest this time. That last orb dangling just out of reach! I was pretty active in it and didn't really miss the stamina items, so I'm confused why they set the bar so high. Guess averaging 9.7k pts per 8 boost doesn't cut it.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    That's what happened to me last time but I finished this time with stamina and time to spare.

Anyone got tips on how to build dragon Corrin?

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Last time I was able to auto win hard most of the time and manually play the next difficulty up. This time I was able to mostly win manual infernal.

• Options
    I ranked several levels below the max. I just lost interest in the GC and resorted to to auto-battling lower difficulties. I want to like GC more, but I feel like it falls into a bad niche for time/effort required.

Tempest trials require a lot of grind, but I can run those on auto-pilot on evenings where I have have time to keep the game running next to me. Voting gauntlet requires frequent check-ins, but those matches are quick skirmishes that get knocked out in a minute. Syncing up with the multiplier is a pain, but that's its own problem. But Grand Conquest requires multiple check-ins over the course of each day to accommodate your natural spear regen, and then you need to either devote the effort to fight a large scale battle or auto-battle on a lower difficulty for reduced reward. Worse still, if you're serious about trying to conquer the most of the map, you need to horde your spears until the eleventh hour and then burn them all in the final phase or two, which is WAAAAAAAAY too much of those involved rival domain style matches in too short of a period of time.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Yeah, GC takes too much time. The Rival Domain thing already takes 5x longer than a quick match, and you have to do it so regularly and also do other things to earn spears and then use all of those to climb the tiers, and having to do all this for 6 days is pretty annoying. TT+ only really requires you to hit the two daily bonuses and then a relatively light amount of autobattle grind. Voting Gauntlet matches required like, 5 30-second battles over the course of two days.

They should cut it down to 1 battle over the course of a weekend instead of 3 battles, to start.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I just autobattle those larger fights until they go over the point limit

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That or autobattle the first 7 turns and finish it off yourself.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I ended up getting to tier 25 last battle because I kinda screwed up the dates and thought it ended one battle before it did. Lol, whoops. Meant I only had a couple spears for this final one (any I got from quests) but kind of nice to relax a bit. Still got to help the army conquer some spaces :3

I dunno though. I weirdly kinda like the mode but I also totally see where you guys are coming from. It still has a lot of problems to be sure. But they've been slowly improving it so hopefully they can make it better in the next one.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Last night, round 21 was happening around my bed time, so I dumped all my lances and—along with some other teammate KOs—we controlled 18 territories. This morning I woke up and we controlled 3, because they were apparently able to chain KO all the way across the entire map in one round.

So basically it doesn't matter at all what you do in rounds 0-21, and if the final round is early morning in your time zone (as it consistently is here), you may as well forget about it. I think this is even worse than the voting gauntlet, because this has more of an illusion of influence.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Yeah. The time zone issue is really bad. I don't even bother since the last 2 rounds are after 10 pm my time. So it's really like a random bonus that I had nothing to do with.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I don't even care about victory in GC. I just auto battle the level 35 with 4 or 8 spears depending on whether I need quests that require a certain number of matches.

They'd have to put units or seals at the higher ranks to get me to pay attention to it.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Womp womp
    ri1cda7nbrib.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    At least they changed the rewards so you aren’t getting like 1/4 the feathers the others do in this case.

They really need to balance out how your final score is by ensuring that it somehow takes into account your progress throughout the two day period and accounting for time zones. I mean, maybe they have you rank up your team reward after each 2 hour interval , so it is never a waste to spend your crests at any given time.

• Options
    One of my thoughts was that areas directly connected to your base should be harder to capture for the enemy - like you automatically start with a higher score there each turn or whatever. That would help with stuff like the above picture.

• Options
    I think that systems like this generally apply some kind of score multiplier to stack the deck in favor of the home team the closer that you get to their HQ.

The root problem is that it's easy to lose influence at the end because :
    1: some people only care about their own personal progress
    2: some people are ignorant of the importance of waiting until the eleventh hour.
    3: many people are simply in a time zone that is not conducive for playing during the final round.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    You know, thinking about it, maybe there shouldn't even be rounds... like, you take the knock out mechanic and tweak it to just mean you now own that tile (but it can be taken back by the enemy team). So your goal is now to knock out tiles in order to spread across the map, rather than "meet the bare minimum to have more points than the other team when round ends." You tweak the score thresholds so suddenly you can't dump all your crests in the last round to assure you get a square. It makes more sense to play throughout the whole thing so your army can spread over time.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Apparently some people do know the importance of waiting until the 11th hour:

lBthilyh.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I’d be there except I’m sleeping by then!

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I totally forgot until 15 minutes before the end and had 15 lances to use, so I blew through as many as I could before it kicked me out. I think next time I'll blow my stash at the end of the each round so I have less of a chance of wasting 10+ lances

• Options
    I basically don’t care about my actual contributions the first two rounds and just aim to rank up. I find a map that works for me and dominate it randomly.

• Options
    Tempest trials should have started today!

• Options
    Nope, it's tomorrow sadly

• Options
    Exactly. Blank day is bad planning, IS!

• Options
    Yeah I was surprised. Though it was fine because I was stupid tired last night and did not want to wait up for the reset. So I didn't miss anything :P

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I just use these empty days to clean up the normal/hard chain challenges.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Gives me time to get Bride Sanaki ready to be bonus unit

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Apparently Tharja has a glitch where she can vanish off the map, so uh, I guess watch out for that in arena?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Msa449UGI

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It took like 200 orbs, and getting all the way up to a 5% pity rating, but now I have a normal ninian. 2 actually. A +spd/-res one, and a -atk one.

The question is: +1 her, or give fortify dragons to someone else who is actually on my core dragon team (I should figure out a core dragon team)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Apparently Tharja has a glitch where she can vanish off the map, so uh, I guess watch out for that in arena?

The news feed says it only happens if you use tap mode. Also fuck that guy in the video for being like "maybe we'll get compensation for this"

• Options
    I'm pretty happy that groom Marth has drive atk. I've been looking for a copy of that, and I'll probably fodder off my spare to Sanaki since I don't see myself ever doing anything with groom Marth where I'd need to merge him.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

The news feed says it only happens if you use tap mode. Also fuck that guy in the video for being like "maybe we'll get compensation for this"

....IS, compensation orbs plz!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I'm pretty happy that groom Marth has drive atk. I've been looking for a copy of that, and I'll probably fodder off my spare to Sanaki since I don't see myself ever doing anything with groom Marth where I'd need to merge him.

he seems like a decently solid axe cavalry. not sure how his stats end up, but I feel like that despite calvary being really strong it is mostly sword/lance/magic

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    A couple of decent seals. ATK/DEF and Flier Formation

• Options
    Alright I'm finally pulling the trigger on Dragon Emblem and I'm building Aether Breath builds for F-Corrin and A-Tiki. I have one Steady Breath and one Warding Breath available so... which one goes where? Right now I'm leaning toward Steady on Tiki and Warding on Corrin, but does Tiki need a res boost against Naga tomes? Or does it even matter which one goes where?

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    A couple of decent seals. ATK/DEF and Flier Formation

flier formation has grown on me, i have it on my elincia and its pretty cool for positioning to get kills/mobility

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Yeah I've been saving up coins for this tempest trial (assuming good seals) so I upgraded Speed Smoke immediately and I'm gonna upgrade Flier Formation too I think.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Oh yeah I'm excited for Flier Formation. I'll probably be boring and put it on Azura though.