As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Talith wrote: »
    I wish I had a distant counter to just toss around on a whim. Or maybe simply a second Hector would be a good starting point.

I don't have a ton of them, but I pulled like two Hectors on this banner and like 4 or so Valentine's Hectors on that banner (extra from the ones I'm using and what I've already foddered). Don't envy me too much though, my wallet kind of regrets how much I spent :/ It's been bad lately with them tempting me with characters I really, really like and/or DC fodder :P Hopefully I should be in the clear now though. Unless this Easter banner gets me... (seriously, you guys are done giving me Robins, right?). I am mildly worried about the Miracle banner coming up because I need Mist still and colorless is likely to be garbage on that if they include every healer that has Miracle... She may also be on the Legendary banner tho...

Edit: Unrelated side note - boo, ploy seals do not stack with the same ploy skill. I tried double Res Ploy and it only took off -5 Res :/ I guess that would be too OP otherwise :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I uh... May have given M!Morgan Close Counter and Aether. Oof.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    God I love Cherche. I've been using her for awhile and I'm still constantly surprised by the stuff she manages to kill.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    God I love Cherche. I've been using her for awhile and I'm still constantly surprised by the stuff she manages to kill.

She can't deal with grima tho :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Spoit wrote: »

She can't deal with grima tho :(

You need to let grima hit you since vengeful fighter will double you if you lead

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    st76l6lm6wrq.png

:)

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    My only two strategies for dealing with Grima with my main team are 1. Buff up NY Camilla and have her tank him or 2. Camilla's too low on HP so have Cherche take him most of the way down and die, then hopefully the other fliers' specials lined up so they can finish him off. Otherwise Grima gets to meet my friends Lucina, Secretly Lucina, Julia, and Julia's Mom.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I have never played a FE game ... ever. Decided to try this since it seems like it could be fun. But there is sooooo much information to take in ... I do have an initial question though. It doesn't say in the intro (not that I read ALL of it ... TLDR) but should I just add people from PA in my friends list at random or start from the bottom up? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and at the same time this 'ISH is addictive.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    It's a good thing this rival domains mode itself is fun because these rewards are a joke.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Yea though it is nice to have dew as a reward.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I am running into horse emblem teams all the time now. Not fun.

• Options
    I just faced down a fully kitted Dragon Emblem from a player named "I'm Sorry".

Good thing a falchion user is my bonus unit this season. 0 deaths.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I lost the top Rival Domains twice by 10 points because I didn't wait a turn so armors could get more kills before taking their fort.

This is duuuuumb.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    I lost the top Rival Domains twice by 10 points because I didn't wait a turn so armors could get more kills before taking their fort.

This is duuuuumb.

I put all my armors on one team and then autobattled each one and won. It was kind of stupid :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I reserved judgment on rival domains til I had more experience with it, but now with 2 maps I can say I don't like it.

The big maps and lots of units have potential to be more like the regular fire emblem games, but it is just completely ruined by the stupid teleporting. Can't plan anything, can't really break through endless waves of stupid AI... Just not fun.

Apparently I don't have the armor roster win on infernal autobattle or otherwise, so that sucks. The dew is the only thing worth a damn in there.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    I reserved judgment on rival domains til I had more experience with it, but now with 2 maps I can say I don't like it.

The big maps and lots of units have potential to be more like the regular fire emblem games, but it is just completely ruined by the stupid teleporting. Can't plan anything, can't really break through endless waves of stupid AI... Just not fun.

Apparently I don't have the armor roster win on infernal autobattle or otherwise, so that sucks. The dew is the only thing worth a damn in there.

I like it in the theory but it's just way too easy to win and the scores are meaningless. I sort of agree about the teleporting too. It makes the CPU kind of ridiculous since they don't have a cooldown on their respawn. But like I said, because the scoring system is weird it doesn't even matter because you get soooooo many bonus points for doing the bonus objective that as long as you spam that unit type, you're fine not even winning the map.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Rival Domains has a particular rhythm to it that I haven't quite figured out yet. If you try to go ham on offense you usually get fucked up by teleports and lose all your momentum. But if you can position yourself such that you'll get a good enemy phase and then be in range to attack the camp next turn, you can make things happen.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Acheron wrote: »

I like it in the theory but it's just way too easy to win and the scores are meaningless. I sort of agree about the teleporting too. It makes the CPU kind of ridiculous since they don't have a cooldown on their respawn. But like I said, because the scoring system is weird it doesn't even matter because you get soooooo many bonus points for doing the bonus objective that as long as you spam that unit type, you're fine not even winning the map.

I clearly need better friends then, because I couldn't get the score thresholds

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I have never played a FE game ... ever. Decided to try this since it seems like it could be fun. But there is sooooo much information to take in ... I do have an initial question though. It doesn't say in the intro (not that I read ALL of it ... TLDR) but should I just add people from PA in my friends list at random or start from the bottom up? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and at the same time this 'ISH is addictive.

It doesn't matter too much. Sadly the friends list doesn't have a huge impact on the game right now other than the new rival domains mode. So I'd say just add friends however you like. (If you add me shoot me a PM so I know to accept :))

I would say the main thing to maybe focus on right now would be the story missions. You'll unlock some extra stuff through them as well as two free 5* heroes once you get far enough in. Plus you'll earn a bunch of orbs to spend on the summoning banners to pull more heroes. Try to pick some heroes that you find yourself liking or otherwise find to work well with your play style and focus on getting them to level 40. Normal difficulty story mode is helpful there, as are the training tower maps.

A lot of the other modes you probably won't be able to do right away anyways as they generally require more built up teams, though you may be able to do some of the lower tiers of the Tempest Trial and try to get some of the rewards there. 4* Gerome is actually pretty cheap to unlock. There is also a rotating list of maps under special maps (believe it will be the very last one) where you can unlock some free heroes to get you started as well. The maps are pretty easy to complete if I remember right.

Also check the OP of this thread as there's some useful tips in there too. Hopefully it's broken up well enough that you can just look at the questions you're interested in learning more about and focus on those sections :)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I think rival domains should remove the teleporting but increase everyone's movement by 1. It's more like the main FE games, but in those everyone has 4-8 movement, not 1-3. They currently need the teleporting because the maps are bigger, but increasing movement would fix the same problem.

• Options
    so help me theory craft a cherche build

4*+7, +atk/-spd
    currently running:
    Brave axe +
    Death Blow 3
    Drag back or hit and run
    fortify defense 3
    Luna/glimmer

was putting together this:

slaying Axe + def hone
    Death Blow or fury
    Vantage 3
    Fortify
    Luna

both with +atk seal

seems like slaying axe (and to a lesser degree the brave build) is better with fury rather than DB3
    vantage seems to improve both builds

Worried about her hit and run ability by going to vantage, but the vantage might help survivability if she does get initiated on

thoughts?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    dipuc4life wrote: »

It doesn't matter too much. Sadly the friends list doesn't have a huge impact on the game right now other than the new rival domains mode. So I'd say just add friends however you like. (If you add me shoot me a PM so I know to accept :))

I would say the main thing to maybe focus on right now would be the story missions. You'll unlock some extra stuff through them as well as two free 5* heroes once you get far enough in. Plus you'll earn a bunch of orbs to spend on the summoning banners to pull more heroes. Try to pick some heroes that you find yourself liking or otherwise find to work well with your play style and focus on getting them to level 40. Normal difficulty story mode is helpful there, as are the training tower maps.

A lot of the other modes you probably won't be able to do right away anyways as they generally require more built up teams, though you may be able to do some of the lower tiers of the Tempest Trial and try to get some of the rewards there. 4* Gerome is actually pretty cheap to unlock. There is also a rotating list of maps under special maps (believe it will be the very last one) where you can unlock some free heroes to get you started as well. The maps are pretty easy to complete if I remember right.

Also check the OP of this thread as there's some useful tips in there too. Hopefully it's broken up well enough that you can just look at the questions you're interested in learning more about and focus on those sections :)

I guess I'll make it back to the opening post at some point ... yeah. I just added the last five from the list and then looked for names that I knew from the Switch and Zelda threads but I didn't see yours ... maybe I was being lazy so I'll look again. Most of this is like woosh over my head, don't know any of the characters (except one or two that people always talk about and even then only barely), don't know who is known for what, slowly figuring out what some of the stats mean, how the battle system works and working my way through the story maps. I did waste spend two hours playing it before I realized it so yay? Is there a good entry point in the main games for a noob?

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The 3ds era games are good for newbies since you can opt out of the permadeath of your units that is normally a staple of the franchise.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    mts wrote: »
    so help me theory craft a cherche build

4*+7, +atk/-spd
    currently running:
    Brave axe +
    Death Blow 3
    Drag back or hit and run
    fortify defense 3
    Luna/glimmer

was putting together this:

slaying Axe + def hone
    Death Blow or fury
    Vantage 3
    Fortify
    Luna

both with +atk seal

seems like slaying axe (and to a lesser degree the brave build) is better with fury rather than DB3
    vantage seems to improve both builds

Worried about her hit and run ability by going to vantage, but the vantage might help survivability if she does get initiated on

thoughts?

Personally I don't think making a high-ATK flier an enemy phase unit is a good idea. I run with DB3 and H&R, and usually some other units with dance/reposition. It's super easy to keep fliers out of the danger zone, so if she only ever inits attack, the drawbacks of fury just aren't worth it.

I used to use Brave Axe+, but recently I switched back to her hammer to get the refine (though that might be out of reach if you don't feel like promoting). She's doing just as well as ever and has a lot more utility against armor teams now.

Edit: Coincidentally, Gerome would be a good candidate for the build you're proposing. He's got a built in anti-cavalry weapon, and I think slightly higher base defense at the cost of a few points of ATK? Cavalry is much more likely to run up into your space, so having an advantage there would be good.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Rival Domains would annoy me less if you couldn't attack immediately after teleporting. Pushing into enemy territory when you have to physically move your units up there but they can just respawn a wave and have the luxury to choose advantaged matchups when teleport-killing the vanguard is vexing.

I just set it to autobattle and after four attempts it passed the score threshold on the highest, so whatevs.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Well I've got Gerome. I'll go ahead and hand him a Brave Axe+, but I've got to figure out whether to sack an Effie or Ursula to give him Death Blow 2. I've only got the one Effie to spare, but I'll pull more eventually. Not that I'll lose any sleep knowing I'll never have an Ursula +4 as opposed to +3, and Blarwolf isn't that useful, but it is exclusive. I do have one Hawkeye but I kinda want to 5-star him to give Gerome DB3 AND Killer Axe+, even if I'm skeptical on using so many feathers on him...

Cherche to Gerome is sort of a downgrade anyway, but I think I'll probably miss NY Camilla more. Her defensive boosts were probably more useful than I gave them credit for. NY weapon + Ward Fliers + Drive Def 2 seal is a boost of 9 defense and 6 res to any fliers within 2 tiles!!! On top of the Fortify Fliers! Plus support boosts to Spring Camilla, the only real tank on the team. I may have to eat the HM loss and bring her back in if Caeda disappoints, though I think she'll be a welcome counter to the Sigurds and Zelgius that keep popping up (who gave him his weapon back?)

• Options
    Infernal Lissa and Chrom was a real pain in the balls. Just had to kill that extra savage blow healer on initiation, but they don't make it easy. Had to use QP and infantry pulse from my beast Marisa to get my Jeorge a 1 cooldown Luna for his brave attack. Azura dance plus reposition to safety. Then Myrrh killed the green mage and smacked the blue flier down to 2 HP. From there it was cleanup.

• Options
    Somehow I beat infernal on my second try (after first try I messed up my placement and let Sonya die first turn to the green cavalier. Whoops :3). It was a bit tough and everyone was at slivers of health but managed to pull it off.

• Options
    Beat the first two with dragons, didn't even notice Chrom. Infernal's Chrom surprised me with his bulk and vantage so I switched to armor and ran him over. Effie continues to demonstrate her timeless power.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    This one actually seemed really easy because I just started with my defense team and that happened to work well against this set up. Legendary Ephraim and Brave Roy both with hone, Ninian and DC Myrrh with fortify/hone. After Myrrh bait-killed to start, it was just a matter of a little retreating and dancing to get people into position before Ephraim murdered Chrom and then he and Roy cleaned up.

Speaking of Ephraim:
    jEhinNK.jpg?1

He probably wants Aether, but do I replace Solar Brace with vantage or something?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    This one actually seemed really easy because I just started with my defense team and that happened to work well against this set up. Legendary Ephraim and Brave Roy both with hone, Ninian and DC Myrrh with fortify/hone. After Myrrh bait-killed to start, it was just a matter of a little retreating and dancing to get people into position before Ephraim murdered Chrom and then he and Roy cleaned up.

Speaking of Ephraim:
    jEhinNK.jpg?1

He probably wants Aether, but do I replace Solar Brace with vantage or something?

I have the same setup except Luna instead of Sol. I like it because with heavy blade seal, his first double attack annihilates a lot of units you may not expect. He kills Nowi, for instance.

Put him on my defense team and get several defenses a week. Probably because people try to bait him and get smacked.

His unique B skill helps heal him up so he doesn't get killed super easily after first initiation.

• Options
    I just want to say that Caeda obliterates Grima.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Is that a staff on the left?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Nah, that pose makes me think lance, or maybe even axe

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Let's not be crazy, new staff units would be totally outlandish! Now, Taguel, however, would fit right in.

• Options
    The odds of it being Sacred Stones characters are low but if it is, I am so screwed.

Other possible situations in which I am screwed: If the legendary hero for this month turns out to be colorless dragon fem Corrin.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Nah, that pose makes me think lance, or maybe even axe

seems kind of skinny for a lance though. not that reality matters that much

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, when do we think the CYL characters will show up?

I am considering saving orbs for that.

• Options
    I would guess 2-6 months away. I'm making sure to save towards that as well.

7244qyoka3pp.gif