As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Glory lies beyond the horizon

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Personally I wouldn't MLB Kaleidoscope or 2030 until you have 6-7 copies of each. You get more benefit out of being able to have all your Servants at 80% NP, call in a Waver friend to top them off, then fire all at once. Also MLB 2030 gives 10 Crit Stars, whereas three 2030's will give 24 Crit Stars.

Oh, and PSA for anyone not aware, but each Seal in the current event can be exchanged 1:1 for 10,000 QP. So if you want lots of QP, this is the event to farm millions and millions pretty dang easy.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Events can be pretty grindy, but you get great rewards.

Leveling and ascending servants isn't terribly grindy, though leveling skills to 7-10 can get very grindy. But it'll be a while before you'll be doing that anyway.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Events can be grindy to get everything from them. Otherwise you can mostly take it slow and casual. Events mostly give plenty of materials for ascension.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The game is as grindy as you want to make it. Units come out of the box ready to go aside from leveling and Ascending them (nothing on par with something like Dokkan Awaken though). You can go hard on events to clean out the shop or pinpoint target what you need most and leave everything else. You can also farm for materials to skill up abilities, though this isn't particularly necessary for a unit to be strong.

Unlike Dokkan and FEH you don't "need" multiple copies of any unit to make them strong. Duplicates just increase the strength of their Noble Phantasm, from 1-5, but otherwise don't make the character any stronger or have new abilities or stats. This actually helps F2P people because it's generally doable to nab NP5 of a 3* unit and have them be really useful even compared to some 5* units. Robin Hood for example makes Sabers cry with Yew Bow.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Also, add people to your friends list of already haven't. Having access to some strong servants for help is really beneficial. I didn't add anyone for the longest time and the game would have gone so much smoother if I had.

I'll leave my kaleidoscope and 2030 alone for now until I get more.

I setup an event support list but it is so trash. I feel awful. Everything is level 1 besides Lancelot at level 60 and Waver at level 84.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    ...so i just joined the FGO train. landed a 4 star Archer and a 4 Star Berserker. finished the first quest world (Fuyuki). what should i be doing next?

i'm playing F2P, and i'm familiar with Dokkan Battle and FE Heroes.

Dropped some AFK random from my friend list, feel free to add me.
    User ID: 350,578,698
    Name is "Neveron".

Some comments on the archers/berserkers you might have:
    Starter servants:
    EMIYA isn't all that great right now, but he gets the job done, is a bonus servant for a whole bunch of events and thus worth having around, and eventually gets buffed to high heaven and gets really good. We aren't quite there yet, though.

Heracles is a beast and probably the best 4* unit in the game? He's really good, anyhow, and stands up fairly well in comparison to 5*s. His main thing is hitting hard and being way harder to kill than your average Berserker, although the skills for that don't get unlocked until you ascend him (reach level cap, pay up grinding materials to increase it) a couple times.

Tamamo Cat is also there and is pretty great for farming and honestly I don't have much to say about her since that's pretty much just what I use her for.

Quick notes on other possible 4* Archers/Berserkers:
    Atalante is alright, I guess, but her main thing is that if she gets off her Noble Phantasm (super move) then you'll be swimming in crit stars and can probably kill whatever Saber you're facing next turn. She doesn't do much beyond that, though.

Lancelot is very similar except he's a Berserker so he hits really hard on pretty much everything but also has the survivability of a snowball in Hell. If you have him, you probably don't need to worry all too much about farming in the future - he'll kill one wave and set you up for killing the next. Just do note that his NP generation rate is garbage.

Notes on 1-3* Servants that you might want to level:
    Saber
    Gaius Julius Caesar is a bit of a joke character, but he's also got a single-target NP so he hits really hard. Like, harder than all but two 4-5* Sabers hard.
    Fergus mac Roich isn't quite as useful, but he's the other free-to-play Saber and his AOE NP can be somewhat useful for farming Lancers.

Archer
    The Archer class is just swimming in good servants. If you have an Archer, chances are that they're good! Robin Hood and Euryale have some of the hardest-hitting NPs in the game, David can make your whole team avoid an NP, Arash is a living nuke and the premier farming servant, Billy the Kid has some critical hit shenanigans going on, and Kid Gilgamesh is also there and good.

Lancer
    Cu Chullain (non-prototype) is one of the best Lancers in the game. He's basically invulnerable, and it's not a bad idea to permanently stick him in the last slot of your team.
    His Prototype is a more offensive, less immortal variant.
    Romulus can bring some AoE farming potential if you're up against Archers.

Rider
    Since you have a Berserker, consider Georgios. He's one of the best tanks in the game, and will keep your Berserkers alive. He served me well in Orleans.
    Edward Teach is a creep, but he does respectable AoE damage and is good at surviving.
    Ushiwakamaru has a single-target NP and does really good damage with it. Use her to nuke down Casters.

Caster
    Hans Christian Andersen is a 2* Caster, but he's also a really good support. Don't count on him to actually fight, but he'll make everyone else fight better.
    Medea is currently the best offensive Caster in the game. This might say more about the class than her, though. If you like spamming NPs, she'll semi-reliably let you do that turn after turn. Also, her NP removes buffs which is super useful.
    Caster Cu Chulainn isn't that great, but he's worth keeping around since he's really rare. (He's one of those story-locked servants. I accidentally burned him when I started, and I haven't seen one since.)

Assassin
    You might want to level Sasaki Kojiro to help fend off Riders. He's fairly good at it.
    Hassan of the Cursed Arm is really good at generating crit stars, and also useful for fighting Riders. If I sound repetitive, just be aware that it's very relevant.
    Henry Jekyll & Hyde aren't really Assassins but Berserkers in disguise. He's weird, but from what I understand decent?

Berserker
    Lu Bu Fengxian is budget Heracles and does lots of damage.
    Asterios is by far my favorite Berserker but is also kind of weird since his NP doesn't do damage but instead heavily debuffs the enemy for six turns(!).
    There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but there's a lot of low-star Servants who are still very useful. I have a ton of golden Archers and I still regularly use Robin Hood, for instance. (Turns out that you don't need to buff him all too much to do half a million damage.)

It's entirely possible to beat the entire game with 1-2* Servants, it's just kind of tricky and requires a bit more strategy than it would with higher-rarity ones.

Also, level up Mash! She's pretty good, although she gets much better as the game goes on.

• Options
    Oh yes, most of our support lists can hard carry through a lot of content at this point.

A lot of 3*s are viable to use. Cu Chulainn is stupid good. Medea is solid. Almost literally every 3* archer is good. The 3* riders to various degrees (I think Ushiwakamaru is usually considered best of the ones we have?). Not so much the berserkers.

Mash is actually really good eventually too for protecting your heavy hitters.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Make sure you send friend requests to us! There's a handy list in a link in the OP.

• Options
    Ushiwakamaru is the best 3* Rider (mostly because she's single-target) and I'd say that Georgios is the best 2* one, yeah. Medusa and Alexander are the other two 3* Riders, and personally I'm not too hot on them. Oh, and then there's Boudica but she's not that great.

There's a couple stinkers, of course - Saber Gilles has some interesting ideas but just doesn't work quite right, Darius III is cool but has a throw-a-dart-on-a-wall skill selection, and I've never really figured out how to use Benkei properly.

Also, if you manage to roll Angra Mainyu somehow then do be aware that he's a very weak servant. It's lore-compliant. There's definitely some niche uses for timed deaths, though.

• Options
    Oh yeah, and depending on if you want to break F2P a little bit then around twice a year there's a special banner that can only be rolled with real-money Saint Quartz, but it guarantees at least one 5* unit out of almost all of them (the banner will list which ones are available). About $30 total with some finagling and you can roll Limited + Story-Locked Servants on it too if you're lucky. I got a 5* Saber Okita from the one during Thanksgiving and she's Limited plus she hasn't been back on a banner ever since. I think, she may have shown up during Valentines and I don't remember.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'll add pretty much anyone in thread that requests to my friend list, and if I don't because I didn't recognize your name just shoot me a message

My support lineup isn't the toppest top tier or anything but it's pretty solid I think

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Finally got done rolling all 1million Friend Points I had banked. Haven't even started the Event yet. It's taken hours and hours and hours to roll that all.

NP4 Hundred Faces. 5 MLB'd Self Geass Scroll.
    Hundred Faces is lvl40 where she'll stay for a while.
    Iskander is.... lvl74 off of FP Gatcha feedings.

And not one single Angra Mainyu.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I need to level Jekyll now that I have Edison to overcharge his transformation.

I don’t know if I really need another berserker but NP OVERCHARGE ALL DAY EVERY DAY

• Options
    Got my Waver to bond 10! First Max bond servant.

His reward is removal from my Everyday team, because they need bond points.

He has a permaspot on my tough content teams, of course.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Got my Waver to bond 10! First Max bond servant.

His reward is removal from my Everyday team, because they need bond points.

He has a permaspot on my tough content teams, of course.

LBjRohH.jpg?1

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Oh my fucking god game stop changing to show me the new mission whenever I turn one in. I just want to turn in multiple missions at once.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I burned a few tickets. I got the 4 star Event CE....for Da Vinci and the 7 counterfeit spirits.

Then I got a three star assassin...but it was Jing Ke.

Gacha....

• Options
    Got new hassan and angra in like 150k FP.

I'm afraid to go outside.

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    I've been saving quartz for a long, long time for Iskandar. I don't care if gameplay-wise he's mediocre, I needed my King of Conquerors.

And out of 320-some quartz, I only spent 150 (and like 12 tickets) to make him mine! Completely surprised that he actually showed up, considering I spent more quartz than that trying to get Drake and still never pulled her.

• Options
    He's the Artoria of Riders

• Options
    I've gotten spooked twice now, this time with a golden Rider card turning into Martha.

So now the only launch 4* I don't have is Nero, and she's story-locked. Huh.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Wouldn't he be the Altera of Riders skill wise? Or does he just not hit nearly as hard as her to warrant that comparison?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Wouldn't he be the Altera of Riders skill wise? Or does he just not hit nearly as hard as her to warrant that comparison?

The main point of comparison is that Seibah has Charisma, Instinct, and Mana Burst, while Iskandar has Charisma, Tactics, and Mana Burst. Altera's pretty similar, but she lacks mana burst, her +ATK skill is self-only, and she has a self-heal that adds some modicum of survivability to her. There's a bit more to her than just a bunch of attack bouses, basically.

Altera gets +18%*+30% (+53.4%), Seibah +18%*+50% (+77%), and Iskandar +20%*+18%*+50% (+112.4%).
    Their adjusted unFou'd/ungrailed ATK without external buffs, therefore, is 18,934 for Altera, 19,861 for Seibah, and 24,553 for Iskandar. They've got the same class attack modifier and IIRC none of them have their NP upgrade interludes out yet, but Iskandar's one claim to fame is that he does a whole lot of damage with an AoE NP.

Really, it's mostly just that his kit is a bundle of somewhat boring/generic skills and Seibah's the posterchild for boring kits. Altera's somewhat similar but has slightly more going on, really, and she's not the posterchild of the franchise so the comparison isn't as immediate.

• Options
    Slow and steady is a really nice thing from an event. Having a good time going through the story quests, plugging away at those Missions, and buying up the various unlock materials from the Shop. Picked up two of the 5* Event CE's now, one from a mission and the other from Shop, so I'm slowly getting to slot in class-advantage units as I farm the Rank B's and A's. Just a couple more left to buy, mainly the ones from Lancer coins I haven't unlocked yet, and I can start buying the other shop items.

I don't think there's going to be any problem clearing out the Shop, completing the Mission board, or acquiring NP5 of the event Servant within the timeframe they've given us. All the events should be like this.

• Options
    Iskander's REAL problem is that his NP generation is dogshit garbage

You'll basically never see his NP unless you have a CE to boost his starting meter

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Got my team set up for 20 extra berserker tokens for each drop. Good times.

edit- wait, dammit, not enough points for that. Ah well, 18 is still good.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Got my David to level 100!

I didn't know there was a special icon on the saint graph and selection screen for max grailed servants, so that was a nice surprise.

• Options
    Finished Quest 12
    Big barrel, long tube, and funnel? It's a kegger! So the question now is who was doing the chugging. Iskander proving how much drink he can hold? Gilgamesh determined to prove his greatness at everything? Artoria who is the secret heavyweight drinking champion? Or maybe Einzbern as the dark horse?

• Options
    Have you watched F/Zero?

Cause it'll answer all your questions about the Sick Servant Kegger

• Options
    Have you watched F/Zero?

I'll have to Youtube that scene when I get home.
    I expect to find out Iskander made Waver drink.

• Options
    Oh yeah, God of War distracted me from making the post when it happened but don't think I didn't hear what you said Dr. Romani
    "So this is what it means to be human, huh?"

I WONDER WHY YOU'D SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT HMM ROMANI? The game really seems to be dropping a lot of hints as to Romani's identity. I could confirm it by looking at the wiki but I'd rather just wait and see if I turn out to be correct.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Have you watched F/Zero?

I'll have to Youtube that scene when I get home.
    I expect to find out Iskander made Waver drink.
    Nah, that scene is just the servants. I don't think it ever goes drinking contest though, at least in the anime. It's just a debate on what it means to be a king over booze.

I think it maybe cuts to the masters for reactions, but they're on the sidelines iirc.

Also it shows off Gil and Iskander's philosophies as reflected in their noble phantasms, which is nice.

• Options
    Romani= Rin Amo

Amo means love in Spanish

Shirou loves Rin

Romani is Shirou confirmed

• Options
    Romani= Rin Amo

Amo means love in Spanish

Shirou loves Rin

Romani is Shirou confirmed

I think everyone is secretly Shirou.

Except Amakusa Shirou.

• Options
    I still think they should get this as a costume dress for Amakusa

BTsHi8V.jpg

• Options
    Okay I couldn't find a clip of the scene so I just watched Episode 11 of Fate/Zero. Interesting difference in philosophies. But to paraphrase the words of one of the Three Strippeteers, "I was promised kegger chugging, but there was none."

Also just did the next mission and I am cracking up at Waver's face with what Rider said to him.

• Options
    Okay I couldn't find a clip of the scene so I just watched Episode 11 of Fate/Zero. Interesting difference in philosophies. But to paraphrase the words of one of the Three Strippeteers, "I was promised kegger chugging, but there was none."

Also just did the next mission and I am cracking up at Waver's face with what Rider said to him.

No chugging but Iskander gives Artoria a huge 'The Reason You Suck' speech. And he's not wrong.

• Options
    I do love that Gil and Iskandar just immediately come to the conclusion that Artoria suuuuuuuuuucks

She doesn't even try to fight back! She just kinda rolls over and dies.

• Options

No chugging but Iskander gives Artoria a huge 'The Reason You Suck' speech. And he's not wrong.

See that's where I disagree. I think Artoria's vision of a king is the best one. While she made personal mistakes she lived for her kingdom and people. Iskander is all about being the biggest, the best, the one whom everyone and everything exists to serve. A tyrant, and he admits as much himself. And in my opinion a king who considers his subjects little more than property or slaves to bend to his whim is a king who should never be allowed the throne.

• Options
    Artoria has some very valid points she could make in her defense, as you point out. She could argue that Iskandar has no experience with ruling over a kingdom that existed long before you and will hopefully exist log after you, and so has no ability to judge her. She could argue that Iskandar isn't really a king by any conventional sense of the word, given that he was more of a military leader than a civil leader, or that his "superior" way of ruling lead to his kingdom fracturing as soon as he died.

The problem isn't that she can't defend herself, but that she doesn't. She just kinda whimpers like a scolded puppy.