As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Load the Canon: We're 'Putin the War back in Warmind

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So Escalation Protocol sucks right now because of that 370 requirement, who thought that one of the DLC’s selling points being practically impossible to get any progress in for the first few weeks was a good idea?

Back to waiting for Powerful Engrams on a weekly basis again and again? (+Clan engrams arent even “Powerful” anymore?) Thats not really engaging.

I feel like they meant for EP to be a sidestep from raiding as a way to engage in an endgame activity that didn't "require" matchmaking.

Which is funny because EP seems to be on a tighter coordination scale than some of the raid encounters. I don't see how folks without communication are ever going to do well with it.

Given enough time (and levels) people can generally overcome small mechanics, like standing in the glowing green circle and shooting the crystals, when the rest of their job is to just kill things. Add to that the fact that eventually everyone will be spawning Valkyries with their consumables at every opportunity and I can see things smoothing out. Especially in comparison to the coordination raids can take or flat out make impossible with out voice comms.

I feel like EP has more in common with older D1 raids in that the primary challenge is dealing with the enemies themselves while doing a relatively simple mechanic instead of dealing with an elaborate mechanic and have the enemies not matter 95% of the time (Leviathan).

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Heroics became a lot smoother once we got liberal with power ammo, and added one tether + Orpheus. It helped that yesterday was a power ammo bonus day.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Heroics became a lot smoother once we got liberal with power ammo, and added one tether + Orpheus. It helped that yesterday was a power ammo bonus day.

Yeah, composition can really make a difference. We were rocking two Titans and a Warlock the other night. A tether with CC/damage/orbs on command would probably helped a great deal.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I would say "so they disabled a thing in a game to prevent a minority of people from using it in a very specific manner despite others using it normally for an unknown period of time because why?"

But I know the answer to that question: Classic Bungo.

Or is this rat king "issue" doing wonky stuff in other places and I guess it's not okay for broken exotics to exist outside of PVP contexts?

This is a bizarre complaint about something that seems bog standard for any online game.

There's a bug with a specific weapon that has the potential to trivialize all PvE content at the time when they just dropped a new DLC and level cap. What are they supposed to do? Let people willing to exploit bypass the new content grind? Disable the raid, nightfall, etc?

Just disabling the gun temporarily until it is fixed would be such a non-issue in any online game that it seems weird to get mad about.

Did you read my post in its entirety before you responded? Or are you willfully ignoring the last paragraph, which states
    Or is this rat king "issue" doing wonky stuff in other places and I guess it's not okay for broken exotics to exist outside of PVP contexts?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm at about 345, is the only way to get up to 370-380 doing the powerful rewards each weekly reset or the escalation protocol which everyone fails at now because we're all too low level? Also is there a reason all my powerful rewards keep being 340 instead of something higher?

• Options
    I would say "so they disabled a thing in a game to prevent a minority of people from using it in a very specific manner despite others using it normally for an unknown period of time because why?"

This is a bizarre complaint about something that seems bog standard for any online game.

There's a bug with a specific weapon that has the potential to trivialize all PvE content at the time when they just dropped a new DLC and level cap. What are they supposed to do? Let people willing to exploit bypass the new content grind? Disable the raid, nightfall, etc?

Just disabling the gun temporarily until it is fixed would be such a non-issue in any online game that it seems weird to get mad about.

Did you read my post in its entirety before you responded? Or are you willfully ignoring the last paragraph, which states

Well, to be fair your first sentence seems like you are acknowledging the problem that they are worrying about the Rat King causing and that you know what it is. It probably doesn't help that the last part of your last sentence comes across as making your previous statement seem like a set up for the "broken exotics in PvP" jab.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm at about 345, is the only way to get up to 370-380 doing the powerful rewards each weekly reset or the escalation protocol which everyone fails at now because we're all too low level? Also is there a reason all my powerful rewards keep being 340 instead of something higher?

Any rewards from Hawthorne (clan vendor) are 340 right now. I don't think the Clan XP should be, but it is.

Every other milestone has been dropping correct gear (about 5 levels above my base power, or exactly at my power with mods—so basically a 5 power increase) for me.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options

Any rewards from Hawthorne (clan vendor) are 340 right now. I don't think the Clan XP should be, but it is.

Every other milestone has been dropping correct gear (about 5 levels above my base power, or exactly at my power with mods—so basically a 5 power increase) for me.

It's possible I'm a dumbass and forgot to check the mods. Whoops.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Edit: whoops I just assumed you were talking about blues.

If you’re done with your weekly milestones, you can do the raid, the prestige raid, and the raid lair for more powerful drops. Exotics from underbelly chests are also powerful drops. And then on Friday the Trials will be giving out powerful drops if you’re into PvP.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    The raid isn't locked to base destiny stats, you can still get upgrade gear from that too? That's nice.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

It's a bug between the gun and literally any other gun. Want a rapid-fire rocket launcher with 7+ rounds to patrol the EDZ with? Sure. Calus is just the most lol-worthy place to show it. Even if it did only affect the raid, it should still be disabled. Trivializing your end-game content is not good, even more so with the new lair dropping soon.

You can make spicy quips about me "willfully" not reading your post, but you literally came in here to complain about Bungie fixing a bug in a way you don't like without bothering to see what the bug actually was.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Let's all calm down and work towards getting me into a raid.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    The raid isn't locked to base destiny stats, you can still get upgrade gear from that too? That's nice.

Yep, and it’s still at the same power level.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

Well, to be fair your first sentence seems like you are acknowledging the problem that they are worrying about the Rat King causing and that you know what it is. It probably doesn't help that the last part of your last sentence comes across as making your previous statement seem like a set up for the "broken exotics in PvP" jab.

Yeah, I guess that is the case. But reading the post in its entirety.... :P

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Reading the post in its entirety it still seems unfair to Bungie and I'm hardly one to give them an easy out for their mistakes.

They've disabled a gun in PvP before (not removed but crippled Prometheus Lens) and now done the same for PvE. Sometimes a little craziness slips through the cracks. There's probably dozens of bugs we don't see because the QA team caught them.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    So are those of you who have already hit 35 or 45...collectible...shooty...things just amazingly good at easter egg hunts or are there guides out there already? I think I played like 3 hours last night just wandering around the patrol zone getting kills for the handcannon and working on the quest steps and I'm at maybe 15/45.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    So are those of you who have already hit 35 or 45...collectible...shooty...things just amazingly good at easter egg hunts or are there guides out there already? I think I played like 3 hours last night just wandering around the patrol zone getting kills for the handcannon and working on the quest steps and I'm at maybe 15/45.

There's a whole guide with youtube videos on the subreddit.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

I used a guide last night to wrap it up (and there are many guides) — but I found 33 on my own! Honest.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

I wandered around for a couple hours last night and got up to 32 (then hit 35 later while going back through the story with Drell and Shad). Haven't used a guide yet and plan on avoiding them entirely unless I get really stuck.

The key is to explore every single inch of Mars. Go into previous mission areas, climb around on stuff, look over cliffs, look in the distance and up high. Many of them are only visible from certain vantage points.

Normally that would be a giant pain, but they have a very specific blinky light effect that makes them stand out from all other lights at a distance.

• Options

Reading the post in its entirety it still seems unfair to Bungie and I'm hardly one to give them an easy out for their mistakes.

They've disabled a gun in PvP before (not removed but crippled Prometheus Lens) and now done the same for PvE. Sometimes a little craziness slips through the cracks. There's probably dozens of bugs we don't see because the QA team caught them.

That is because you are soft and weak. Never forget. Never forgive.

• Options
    edited May 2018

Your post in it's entirety is "lol classic bungo so dumb. Wait what's this bug even do?"

The onus is not on others to explain the thing you've already decided to complain about. This attitude is a big part of why so much of the Destiny community has become toxic. People are primed to gripe about everything, whether it's completely unwarranted or not.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

Warning for anyone who wants to hunt the data thingers down themselves, massive spoilers in the following link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8i08cu/spoiler_lost_memory_fragment_locations_data/

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options

Your post in it's entirety is "lol classic bungo so dumb. Wait what's this bug even do?"

No, my post in its entirety is as follows:

• Options
    Post-35 Memory Fragment Lore Speculation:
    My hypothesis is that they are honestly trying to set up a later reveal that Elsie Bray (Ana's sister) is the Exo Stranger. In the Core Terminus (where the Worldline Zero is encased), one of the terminals reveals that the facility was not only dedicated to Rasputin (and the development of AI) but also to the development of what we know as Exo — human consciousness uploaded into a digital terminal and interfaced with a cybernetic frame.

As the memory fragments cohere, you learn about Elsie's experiments with a Vex Core to learn about possible timelines, how her work was co-opted, and (as the titles indicated) how Elsie eventually becomes "lost in time" to some extent, having diverged as a consequence of entering the Vex simulation — but could she have interfaced with the Vex simulation (in that way) without having first transitioned to being an Exo?

Admittedly, I don't have the all-encompassing memory of the grimoire to fact check this spurious spectulation, but it feels like a reasonable guess at what could be.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So anyway,

it's fun having fun with fun people again

thanks Warmind

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Ran the raid for the first time in about 7-months? So that's something.

l9x4mbht442n.png

I don't know why that says my LL is 331, its 349...

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1151051

Put a raid up on the 100 for this Saturday. Time is malleable if a lot of folks would prefer a different start.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    My hypothesis is that they are honestly trying to set up a later reveal that Elsie Bray (Ana's sister) is the Exo Stranger. In the Core Terminus (where the Worldline Zero is encased), one of the terminals reveals that the facility was not only dedicated to Rasputin (and the development of AI) but also to the development of what we know as Exo — human consciousness uploaded into a digital terminal and interfaced with a cybernetic frame.

As the memory fragments cohere, you learn about Elsie's experiments with a Vex Core to learn about possible timelines, how her work was co-opted, and (as the titles indicated) how Elsie eventually becomes "lost in time" to some extent, having diverged as a consequence of entering the Vex simulation — but could she have interfaced with the Vex simulation (in that way) without having first transitioned to being an Exo?

Admittedly, I don't have the all-encompassing memory of the grimoire to fact check this spurious spectulation, but it feels like a reasonable guess at what could be.

I don't understand how you have time to explain all this.

• Options
    Does the tracktor stack with the hammer debuff?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1151051

Put a raid up on the 100 for this Saturday. Time is malleable if a lot of folks would prefer a different start.

Joined as reserve I didn't want to take a full spot because midday is a tough time of day. 1 pm is about when my two year old naps so I may have a couple of hours of mostly undisturbed time.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Does the tracktor stack with the hammer debuff?

The post where they introduced the Tractor Cannon changes said that it stacked with everything except itself, I believe.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I turned this on last night, flooded with notifications for things I’d never heard of and didn’t know existed.

873pqhivg5u9.jpeg

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I like Crimson so much now that I feel hurt and naked when I have to take it off to adjust a loadout for stuff I'm doing

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I found my first lore terminal and it was about AI morality.

Lore based, interesting, and made me realize that the Concierge is Stephen Fry.

This is lore I can get behind Bungie.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    I am actually excited to see what Xûr has tomorow.

I haven't had this feeling in so long, I don't know what to do.

Someone tell me how to human

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    You know what's weird about the loot kerfuffle and comparisons to D1 going on in the subreddit right now? Aside from the Heroic Strike thing (which is a weird, stupid decision on Bingo's part - if an activity is 350 LL, it should not be dropping 335 rewards), this is still more rewarding than D1. Once you hit Heroic Strike level in D1, your only upgrades came from doing the raid. Now at least you have some other avenues in addition to raid drops!

They do need to change Heroic Strike loot though I don't know who approved that but making rewards drop below the level you need to be to do something is just dumb and bad.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, Xur is something to look forward to again

At least for another couple weeks or so

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Yup! It's been one of the most well-reasoned theories for awhile. Hope it doesn't get the retcon treatment.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

Yup! It's been one of the most well-reasoned theories for awhile. Hope it doesn't get the retcon treatment.

Neat!

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Personally, I think the Stranger's arc was neatly wrapped up already
    Said approximately one person ever

This discussion has been closed.