As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Alright Nick Tropeano. First start of his since Tommy John surgery in August 2016 and he goes 6 2/3 scoreless innings. Ohtani got a 3 RBI triple in there too.

Angels are actually playing good baseball to start the season. What bizarro world is this?

(She/Her)
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Alright Nick Tropeano. First start of his since Tommy John surgery in August 2016 and he goes 6 2/3 scoreless innings. Ohtani got a 3 RBI triple in there too.

Angels are actually playing good baseball to start the season. What bizarro world is this?

Quick, someone throw a bunch of money at Vernon Wells!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018

Fun fact: I very briefly worked with Nick's mother. She got hired as a lunch aide (They monitor the students during their lunches, work 3 hour shifts, its mostly for bored housewives and retirees), worked for a week or 2, and then quit because the kids were a hassle to deal with, but not before proudly showing off her son's first baseball card.

Goose! on
  • Options

Quick, someone throw a bunch of money at Vernon Wells!

Could be worse. We could have signed Josh Hamilton to longer than 5 years.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Fun fact: I very briefly worked with Nick's mother. She got hired as a lunch aide (They monitor the students during their lunches, work 3 hour shifts, its mostly for bored housewives and retirees), worked for a week or 2, and then quit because the kids were a hassle to deal with, but not before proudly showing off her son's first baseball card.

I went to elementary school with Greg Myers' daughter. Not that remarkable a player, but he was playing for the Angels at the time and I remember him coming to our school and signing autographs one time, which was totally fucking awesome to a 4th grader.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018

I went to elementary school with Greg Myers' daughter. Not that remarkable a player, but he was playing for the Angels at the time and I remember him coming to our school and signing autographs one time, which was totally fucking awesome to a 4th grader.

Oh man you just reminded me, I have a similar story to that: I went to Catholic school from K-4th grade (she moved) with Heathcliff Slocumb's daughter. She was a good friend, but I haven't spoken to her since. Also I didn't give a damn about baseball so I didn't know who he was.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So Bartolo Colon is perfect through seven against the astros on ESPN, just in case anyone wants to watch something amazing tonight.

Aaaaaaand it's gone. No hitter still alive though

Edit: Sorry world, you just aren't good enough to deserve a Bartolo no hitter

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Ohtani wasn't on his game today against the Red Sox, he was not fooling them with the offspeed pitches. 66 pitches for two innings it's amazing he only allowed 3 runs. Bullpen isn't helping matters, 8-1 after 3 innings.

Come on offense, start getting it going.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Ohtani is done. Trade him for Tebow and a soda machine.

• Options
    Pujols got ejected. That was dumb of him to angrily toss his batting helmet but overkill from the ump. If only Ohtani could come back in as DH.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Angels have turned on the suck. I honestly wasn't surprised they got swept by the Red Sox given how dominant Boston started this year, but then they go and lose 8-1 against the Giants too. Angels have been outscored 35-4 in the last 4 games. Angels are still tied with Boston for best road record so far but they are 4-6 at home. Hopefully they can turn this series against the Giants into a win and then see how they fare against the Astros and Yankees to end the month.

Glad to see Jaime Barria called back up for Sundays start. He looked good enough in his MLB debut against Texas, 5 innings and only allowed 1 hit, a solo homerun to Ryan Rua. Hopefully he can continue to pitch well.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    It is clear that my opening day dismissal of the Sox motivated them to go 17-1 afterwards

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    It is clear that my opening day dismissal of the Sox motivated them to go 17-1 afterwards

Can you get overconfident in them so they lose 20 in a row then

Goose! on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Javy Baez is playing out of his mind right now, which is driving my uncle crazy. It's hilarious

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I love Baez. I hope he keeps playing that good.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Can you get overconfident in them so they lose 20 in a row then

I dropped the most absurd reverse jinx

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe that’s just a regular jinx. But it’s the entire reason I’ve said not a word

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I can't fucking believe I dropped Sean Manaea.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Thank you

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

HE WAS ONE OF THE FEW GOOD THINGS I GAVE YOU!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

wait but I got your team and it most certainly didn't have him on it

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    are you sure you didn't get my team, how many cubs were on it

were there too many

• Options
    adman was the one who had all the cubs, I had all the cardinals

and moose in the 19th round which was like the only good thing

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

wait but I got your team and it most certainly didn't have him on it

I very much did have Manaea last year so idk what happened to you.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I drafted Manaea so I dunno who had him, but he wasn't kept.

• Options
    kris bryant got hit in the face with a pitch :(

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Damn that sucks

Edit: he passed initial concussion testing

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Its going to be another bullpen day for the Angels. Amazingly got through the 1st without allowing any runs but it took starting pitcher Jaime Barria 49 pitches to get 3 outs.

edit: Jeez, no wonder. Brandon Belt had a 21 pitch at bat before he flew out to right field. 16 foul balls.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This stuff with Danny Farquhar having a brain aneurysm is scary as shit.

My heart goes out to his family and I hope he makes a full recovery.

He has 3 kids. They need their dad.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    So this has gone on long enough with the Pirates starting out well that I'm 100% behind them winning the WS at this point just to make this the best thread title bit ever.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    So this has gone on long enough with the Pirates starting out well that I'm 100% behind them winning the WS at this point just to make this the best thread title bit ever.

They just got swept in a 4 game series with the Phillies. They've lost 6 of their last 7. World Series here they come :P

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The Cincinnati Reds Will Win The World Series In 2018

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    The Cincinnati Reds Will Win The World Series In 2018

it seems pretty obvious at this point

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

They just got swept in a 4 game series with the Phillies. They've lost 6 of their last 7. World Series here they come :P

Yeah, it's over already.

• Options
    Posting here, too. TRADE!

I get: Noah Syndergaard and Josh Bell

It's hentai and it's art gets: Aaron Judge

I also get: a new team name, TBD.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
  • Options
    Posting here, too. TRADE!

I get: Noah Syndergaard and Josh Bell

It's hentai and it's art gets: Aaron Judge

I also get: a new team name, TBD.

Update: cdlw5isqs4co.png

• Options
    Mike Trout is leading MLB in homeruns with his 10th HR that he hit in the first inning, but Andrelton Simmons is having a really good day.

Come on bullpen, hold it this time.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Haha eat shit Dodgers

This discussion has been closed.