As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Point to Sign. That’s [Wrestle]mania!

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    I understand why, but I'm not a fan of WrestleMania only being limited to a handful of stadiums. Mostly because it limits the chances I'll ever be able to go to one since it's not going to be anywhere near me.

Honestly after WM31 I think an issue is that west coast options need to be covered stadiums, because having Wrestlemania outdoors in bright daylight looks awful.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I was talking to a guy at work today about next year's WM and it blew his mind that I had no interest in attending actual Wrestlemania. My reasoning is that for the amount I would spend on a good WM seat, I can instead spend it on a bunch of the surrounding shows. Plus the combo of ho hum shows+stadium seats+7 hour shows makes Wrestlemania seem kind of a chore.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    It's absolutely worth going to Mania. It has a certain energy and atmosphere that's just really special.

That being said if your budget doesn't allow for both Mania and Mania-adjacent shows, then it's understandable to pick one over the other. Some of my best times two years ago were at SHIMMER and Evolve and ROH.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    At AAW today Liger celebrated 3/16 by hitting Trevor Lee with a Stunner

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Sami Callihan's taken his bat gimmick to the indies starting at AAW tonight

Eddie Edwards spot with Kingston, but safer because Kingston just nopes out

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    gross.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    I understand why, but I'm not a fan of WrestleMania only being limited to a handful of stadiums. Mostly because it limits the chances I'll ever be able to go to one since it's not going to be anywhere near me.

Honestly after WM31 I think an issue is that west coast options need to be covered stadiums, because having Wrestlemania outdoors in bright daylight looks awful.

I love the outdoor stuff, especially the transition from day to night throughout the event, though I admit it does guys who come out under the veil of darkness little good.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Sami Callahan was pretty bad in NXT.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    He’s one of those guys that everybody thought was screwed over but really it was more on him

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    He’s one of those guys that everybody thought was screwed over but really it was more on him

Apparently one of his ideas for the Crowe gimmick was that he was behind every leaked celebrity nude photo

• Options
    I was one of the many people who immediately thought WWE made a dumb mistake (notably so even for them) by letting a talented guy like Sami go from NXT, and I apologize for how dumb I was back then

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Apparently one of his ideas for the Crowe gimmick was that he was behind every leaked celebrity nude photo

i am just flashing back to every dumb idea damien sandow had it in tna regarding his character

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Sami Callihan can be very talented. He can also be a total asshole. In NXT he was boring as fuck and his ring gear made him look like a Battle Troll.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    MLW's Mike Parrow came out, great interview and story from Gay Star News https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/pro-wrestler-mike-parrow/amp/

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    I was one of the many people who immediately thought WWE made a dumb mistake (notably so even for them) by letting a talented guy like Sami go from NXT, and I apologize for how dumb I was back then

I never cheered harder than when KO basically killed him. Callihan is like top 3 "I don't want to see you" guys.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The only good thing Sami Callihan has done in his career is be space cat in PWG.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    He pulled that woman from the over turned car while in NXT....

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    oh no Rey's part of the nazi lucha company now

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    We're at a wrestling show in the warehouse of Neshaminy Creek brewing

It's joint production with Against The Grain brewing from Kentucky

Except at the top of the show it turned out that Against the Grain bought Neshaminy Creek and at midnight, Neshaminy Creek would cease to be

UNLESS, of course, Team Neshaminy Creek pins Team Against The Grain in the main event

Wrestling, much like beer

Is good

• Options

i am just flashing back to every dumb idea damien sandow had it in tna regarding his character

It was amazing how quickly he pissed away his hype.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I never really understood the hype behind Sandow after he left Miz's side.

He wasn't really a good wrestler and I found him mostly boring on the mic.

It is telling that his best gimmick was being a mute copy of someone far better than him.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I never really understood the hype behind Sandow after he left Miz's side.

He wasn't really a good wrestler and I found him mostly boring on the mic.

It is telling that his best gimmick was being a mute copy of someone far better than him.

His gimmick would have done really well somewhere like CHIKARA, where they would have gone all in on him being a stunt double, rather than just mimicking Miz's movements at ringside.

Like, imagine Miz vs Big Show. Show gets Miz in the corner and tells the audience to SHHH. He lifts his frying-pan-hand and then Miz yells "CUT! STUNT DOUBLE!". Mizdow psyches himself up, gets some guidance from Miz while Big show wanders off to banter with the ring crew. "PLACES EVERYONE!". Now Show has Mizdow in the corner, hand raised, "AAAAND ACTION!" *WHAAAP!* Mizdow goes down and rolls out of the ring. Miz rolls into the ring and then acts like he just took the chop.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I liked the intellectual savior gimmick.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Can now check "Have beer thrown on to me at a wrestling show" off the bucket list.

• Options
    I don't get why anyone with a whiff of hype and a chance to get into WWE would sign with TNA. TNA is a place where careers go to die.

• Options
    Can now check "Have beer thrown on to me at a wrestling show" off the bucket list.

legitimately surprised it took this long

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I don't get why anyone with a whiff of hype and a chance to get into WWE would sign with TNA. TNA is a place where careers go to die.

At best TNA is the place where you sign short-term contracts and try to keep the ring-rust off while waiting for WWE to call back.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

legitimately surprised it took this long

Took a while but the wait was worth it. The cup hit me straight in the face.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

Except at the top of the show it turned out that Against the Grain bought Neshaminy Creek and at midnight, Neshaminy Creek would cease to be

UNLESS, of course, Team Neshaminy Creek pins Team Against The Grain in the main event

Is good

Update

Neshaminy Creek is saved

• Options

Is good

Update

Neshaminy Creek is saved

phew

i was worried for a second there

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

At best TNA is the place where you sign short-term contracts and try to keep the ring-rust off while waiting for WWE to call back.

It's rapidly replacing ROH in that regard.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    I don't get why anyone with a whiff of hype and a chance to get into WWE would sign with TNA.

The only person I can think of who this applied to recently was James Storm, and it was because he got a guaranteed contract to return to TNA, in addition to the price being significantly higher than the NXT offer

Everyone else was either 1) not wanted by WWE, 2) not wanted by WWE until a solid run in TNA that made even WWE notice (Matt Hardy, Lashley), or 3) part of a partnership agreement with another company

Exceptions to this are Aries (who literally isn't under a contract) and Chuck Taylor (who was there for a One Night Only and Impact each, but neither TNA or WWE were ever interested in signing, so he devoted the rest of his life to crime in a fit of revenge up to and including: Stealing hearts, Ending Rick O'Shea's PWG career, Hurting Greg, and Intentionally losing to Sanada to prevent fans from seeing Chuck/Yano)

• Options
    Xgh8MXP.jpg?1

Solomon Crowe would have been more over if he had a spear shooting guitar.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Xgh8MXP.jpg?1

yeah but who wouldn't be

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Xgh8MXP.jpg?1

Man Mountain Rock need that.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options

In possibly our biggest episode ever, we tackle Vince McMahon, the kingpin of modern professional wrestling. We'll chart his strange backstory, his successes, his failures, and the many bizarre stories along the way!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Going to a Raw House Show today

My girlfriend has never been to a live event and is incredibly excited

I am pumped to see Braun live for the first time

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.