Options

[Warframe] The Sacrifice is here!

TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailorSeattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
edited June 2018 in Games and Technology
warframe_logo_by_jackshepardn7-d681vst.png
WARNING: OP CURRENTLY BEING BULLDOZED LIKE IT'S A HISTORIC BUILDING IN SEATTLE
PLEASE STATE WHETHER YOU ARE ON PC, PS4 or XBone WHEN ASKING FOR AN INVITE TO THE PA CLANS
I still need help with the console information so chime in if something needs to be fixed or added <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VuYCLelIO8
We've all fucked off to Discord! https://discord.gg/SUg4rx6

What is Warframe?
Warframe is a free to play, 3rd person co-op shooter, developed by Digital Extremes on the Evolution Engine and is available for PC, Xbox One, and the PS4. In Warframe you play as a member of the Tenno, a group of highly skilled space ninjas armed with everything from swords and guns to magic like powers. The Tenno run an assortment of missions throughout the solar system that range from simple extermination missions to having to capture high value targets. You can play all of the missions alone, with your buddies, or with completely random pickup groups and they can be approached however you want. Whether you want to try and sneak through with stealth weaponry or just start setting the entire place on fire with your flamethrower Warframe has something for everyone’s play style!
Warframe is also big on customization. Both your weapons and your frames can be altered to have different properties by using the mods that you get from running missions. Want your bow to melt targets via corrosive damage? Shoot exploding arrows? Just straight up launch targets across the room and pin them to the first wall they hit? Yup! You can do that! Also, you can customize how your frame works via a wide pallet of colours and attachments so welcome to your new Fashion Frame obsession.

Warframe had plans for cross-platform play between the PS4 and PC but due to Sony being kind of a shitboot about crossplay that's not going to happen. Also, due to the certification process needed for console patches the PC version of the game tends to be ahead in terms of version number.
TLDR: This is the game Destiny wishes it was.
ZUYcY0R.jpg
The quick start guide for space ninjas that just want to go slit some throats right fucking now.
A Youtuber named iFlynn put together an excellent beginner's guide series of videos that will take you step by step through the game. All the way from the introduction to being a well geared ass whooper obsessing over how best to make your frame look cool. I highly recommend giving it a watch! If you just want to jump into the action then here's the quick rundown.
1.) Get Warframe installed via the official downloader from the Warframe website, Steam, the PS Store, or via Xbox One.
1a.) For PS4 users: When you download Warframe you also download a patch automatically. After booting the title with the patch, then you download an update in-game (about 250MB) before you start to play.
1b.) PS Plus users can download a free Starter Pack (you can find this separately int PlayStation Store) which includes 100 Platinum, 50,000 credits, a few free Mods (Falcon Mod pack), and 3 day Affinity/Credit booster.
2.) Create an account
3.) After logging in with your minty fresh account you will play through a short tutorial and will need to select a starter frame. They break down as follows:
Excalibur – Excalibur is easily the best pick for new players. He's easy to start with and understand, takes but stays relevant throughout the entire game. Also his #4 power lets you throw energy blades around the level like a cracked out Master Sword wielding full health Link.
Volt - An electricity based frame that can be super fun once you've got some mods slapped in him. His #2 accelerates you to damn near warp drive speeds and he has a good array of powers, but he is a little squishy so he's a little harder to start with. He's easy to acquire as you go through the game but can be fun if you're looking for a more challening start.
Mag - She's alright and has some fun powers, but can be fiddly to play and is easily acquired later on as you go through the solar system making her kind of a bad starter choice. You're better off picking her up after you have some idea of how to mod your frames and have the mods to do it.
4.) For your melee weapon the Skana is recommended as you have to build it if you don't pick it while the MK1-Bo can just be straight up purchased for credits or acquired for free via a quest.
5.) For your secondary pick whatever looks the coolest to you. They're all pretty alright.
6.) Finally, for your primary the Paris and the Braton are both equally solid starters. The Paris has a bit of a charge up time before it can fire due to needing to draw the bow first, but pierces through enemies (and nails them to walls!) while the Braton is your standard assault rifle that gets the job done.
7.) Off you go to Mercury! Start clearing missions and having fun!
pTq3bRb.jpg
The Space Knights of Arcadia – The official Penny Arcade PC clan!
The Space Knights Prime Trading Doc! A great list of who has what in the clan available for trading.
Joining a clan in Warframe grants access to the clan dojo. This is a user built base that functions as a physical hangout complete with dick around rooms like an obstacle course to practice your ninja flips in, a dueling room, and much more pertinent facilities like the research labs. Of everything you can build in the dojo the research labs are the most important. They unlock a huge array of weapons and Sentinels that are unavailable through normal means and require a communal effort via resource donation to acquire the blueprints for new weapons and items.
The Space Knights of Arcadia already have the majority of research complete (mostly because the old regulars for this game are insane) so joining up will grant you instantaneous access to all of these features! Joining is as simple as letting us know what your in-game name is in the thread, what system you’re playing on, and one of the veterans will grant you access.

Queens of Space – The official Penny Arcade PS4 clan!
For an invite to the shiny new PS4 PA clan, PM @furlion with your PSN/Warframe name. QoS has its dojo up and running so get out there and start researching more dakka! Note: Clan invites must be manually accepted/denied (options button on the main screen).
EkK72Ve.jpg
The big list of shit this game doesn’t tell you about.
Ok, it’s not really all that bigHAHA JUST KIDDING. There's a fair amount of information this game doesn't tell you about and trying to explain it all would involve writing an entire wiki but thankfully one of those already exists and is going to be your best friend as you play. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki I'm going to try and keep this section succinct because there are a lot of systems in this game and you're better off learning them as you go instead of feeling overwhelmed from the start. Be sure to ask any questions you have in this thread or in game.
Damage 2.0: Everything you need to know about how dealing damage works in Warframe. There's a lot of nice to know but not need to know info here so just skim it for the important bits. Namely, what the status procs do, how the status mods interact, and how crits work. Ignore the chart for what element does the most to each enemy type because it's honestly irrelevant, you'll figure out the damage meta later on and it's way more simple than it looks. It's just not anything you need to concern yourself with when starting out.
Parkour 2.0: How to do all the cool flips, dodges, and general flying around you can do in Warframe.
Mods: How mods in Warframe work.
The Plains of Eidolon: Once you start messing around in the Plains of Eidolon, PC Gamer has a pretty decent guide as to wtf is going on there.
Eidolon Hunting Guide: And once you decide to start hunting Eidolons, a Redditor put together a pretty handy guide to help new players figure that out.
Grouping: Grouping itself is pretty straight forward but what's not mentioned about it is that you can invite someone to your session and they will be able to run missions you have unlocked but they don't. After the mission is completed that player will then have that mission unlocked and will then be able to start doing all the surrounding missions.
Archwing: Archwing is a game mode that lets you strap a jetpack to your ass and fly around in space blowing shit up and is accessible later on in the game via a quest.Here's a handy guide Darmak found on Reddit with a shitload of information for those of you that want to know more! TOGSOLID'S SUPER IMPORTANT PROTIP: Go to your options and turn Experimental Flight on. Don't argue. Just do it. It's SO much better and for some reason isn't the default movement option. Without it you're gonna end up bouncing off terrain like a pinball.

Blain put together a list of what major things were added and changed as of 2017, which is awesome and also really helpful if anyone is a returning player and wants to know some of what's changed since they last played.
89a.jpg
Links to great Youtube channels and resources
iFlynn: A dedicated Warframe channel with tons of useful guides, gear/frame reviews, and build videos. One of the best resources around for straight information about the game.
Tactical Potato: Another dedicated, excellent Warframe channel. Guides, build videos, all that fun stuff starring an entertaining Irish bloke. He tends to focus more on day to day updates and discussions on what's going on in the game.
Brozime: A Warframe channel specifically focused on weapon and frame reviews and builds.
Joey Flynn: Discussions about random Warframe topics. Hosts the Weekly Warframe Show. A well produced Warframe variety show with news, tips, skits, weapon discussions and just all sorts of stuff.
Cephalon Shy: Bite sized, hilarious videos starring a sociopathic robot artist who hates everyone and everything. You won't learn anything here. I just really like this channel.
The Official Warframe Channel: Community interaction is part of what helped make Warframe what it is today. This channel features archives of all their dev streams where they discuss upcoming features, things being looked at, bug fixes, and so on and Prime Time. A show where DE_Rebecca and DE_Megan goof off and give out freebies to the audience.
The Official Warframe Twitch Channel: Where DE hosts their weekly Prime Time shows and Devstreams. Watching them live gives you a chance to win freebies like Plat and items!
warframe.jpg
Is there a way to track alerts out of game?
Yes there is! Internet denizen King Taro put together a website based alert tracker: http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ This tracker will play a sound whenever a new alert goes up and it has the option to filter cash alerts out entirely. There is also a Twitter account, Android app, and Apple app. Warframe Nexus is pretty damn slick but don't log into it while you're logged into the game because Warframe will think you're logging in from a different device and log you out of the game.

Wait, where’s the technical support section!?
We've never really needed one tbh. It sounds like the PS4 version might have some peculiarities to it but that is way out of the realm of things I know anything about. As mentioned at the start of this I will need help getting something for the PS4 players together if needed. As far as the PC side of things go this game is actually really damn stable thanks to Digital Extreme’s using their own proprietary engine. Any oddities you run into are 99.999999999% of the time due to a bug we can’t do anything about on the client side of things but DE is very fast about fixing those. If you are having technical issues do not hesitate to ask for help in the thread and if they ever do come up I will be sure to start listing them here and create a proper tech help section. Be sure to submit a ticket at https://support.warframe.com if you are having issues.

What is the Design Council?
For a long time Warframe was offering starter packs. The Master and Grand Master packs, however, came with access to what is known as the Design Council. This group of players act essentially as a player based focus group for Digital Extremes to bounce upcoming features off of via the hidden Design Council sub forum. For instance, Valkyr was originally presented to us as the Berserker with a very different power list than what she has now. The original concept art they showed us for her also had her a fair bit lither than what she is now. What originally started out as a request from the devs for a third power idea for her ended up as a 60 page discussion about how all four of her powers weren’t very good and how they could be improved. The result is the Valkyr we have now which is proving to be a ton of fun. Occasionally the devs will also give the Council a chance to design a frame or Sentinel that will then get put into the game (Nova and Carrier both came from these sort of sessions). The Design Council also has a dedicated in game chat room but it’s not all that different from the standard global chat though it does tend to be a fair bit more sane due to the aforementioned requirement of having purchased either the Master or Grandmaster packs so everyone there is usually on the “adults with lives” side of the demographic.

The devs do read the regular forums and interact with the community there (they even hang out in the game’s global chat regularly) so don’t think your opinion doesn’t matter just because you aren’t in the Council! Warframe is a very community oriented game and the level of attention everyone gets from DE is one of the things that makes this game as great as it is.
0minq8b.jpg

wWuzwvJ.png
TOGSolid on
«134567100

Posts

  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    As much as I dislike the Plains, it is very cool to see such a large influx of new players. A shame I have the worst schedule so I can never play with anyone.

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Space Mom is Best Mom!

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I jumped into a frame for the first time like a week or so ago. It's a fun game. Obtuse as a motherfucker but learnable.

  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I hate Limbo. I want to like him. The abilities are neat in concept. But FFS you have to try so hard just to not inconvenience others while still having some level of competence.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Less then a day for my Rhino!!!!

    I also got a 20% off coupon but I stayed strong cause I heard the 50% off coupon is rather common.

  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I need to finish farming up Zephyr Prime and Kronen Prime, but I honestly can't bring myself to give a shit about tonfas

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hey console players: I need your help to check the PS4 info for accuracy/things to add and if there's anything I should add regarding the XBone side of things like clan stuff or system specific info. @ me in the thread or PM me.

    TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Less then a day for my Rhino!!!!

    I also got a 20% off coupon but I stayed strong cause I heard the 50% off coupon is rather common.

    Every time I’ve come back from an extended break from the game my first week login rewards have platinum discounts.

    Which is pretty smart of them, cuz they get my money every time.

    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Less then a day for my Rhino!!!!

    I also got a 20% off coupon but I stayed strong cause I heard the 50% off coupon is rather common.
    When I came back they tossed me a 75% off and I've never felt so good giving $5 to a developer. Feels like this stack of plat will last me forever.

  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @TOGSolid — I'm pretty sure everything listed in that bit about console Warframe is out of date, with the exception of separate friend lists and the free Booster Kit for PS-Plus (there's also a Starter Kit that costs $10).

  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Ok, I've done some work on the OP, updated some things, added an entire new section, deleted other things, cleaned up some formatting, and generally gave it a quick once over. I'll work on it some more but I need to go get some food and take a break from staring at the thread editor. Gimme a hollar if there's anything you want to see added or if anything needs to be changed!
    metaghost wrote: »
    @TOGSolid — I'm pretty sure everything listed in that bit about console Warframe is out of date, with the exception of separate friend lists and the free Booster Kit for PS-Plus (there's also a Starter Kit that costs $10).
    So I can just axe the whole thing and not worry about it? Do the console groups still have a main PA clan or is that totally dead?

    TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I removed a few people who haven't logged on for 2 and a half months to make some open space in the clan again

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I need to finish farming up Zephyr Prime and Kronen Prime, but I honestly can't bring myself to give a shit about tonfas

    My biggest issue is that tonfas look lame, maybe it changes but all the stances I have are bad.

    I want my space ninja to be rotating them by the handles to smack enemies around, instead they're just kinda eh.

  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Ok, I've done some work on the OP, updated some things, added an entire new section, deleted other things, cleaned up some formatting, and generally gave it a quick once over. I'll work on it some more but I need to go get some food and take a break from staring at the thread editor. Gimme a hollar if there's anything you want to see added or if anything needs to be changed!
    metaghost wrote: »
    @TOGSolid — I'm pretty sure everything listed in that bit about console Warframe is out of date, with the exception of separate friend lists and the free Booster Kit for PS-Plus (there's also a Starter Kit that costs $10).
    So I can just axe the whole thing and not worry about it? Do the console groups still have a main PA clan or is that totally dead?

    We have one with regular players but we never seem to get on at the same time. I say remove everything after #2. The current clan name is Queens of Space. I am still on regularly, just at odd times.
    Edit for ps4

    furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    and I just figured out how to get into radshare groups... going join those for the rares I am looking for.

    Oh and I also got my last piece for Frost Prime, parts are cooking right now.

    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    and I just figured out how to get into radshare groups... going join those for the rares I am looking for.

    Oh and I also got my last piece for Frost Prime, parts are cooking right now.

    Can't go wrong with having Frost, it's a fantastic frame. Not much of a tank itself but globes are so good for protecting points and his crowd control is great. Look into picking up his Augment mod for 3.

  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Something crazy happened to me a bit ago. I was doing an Excavation mission (THESE ARE THE WORST), and suddenly my screen was flashing dark red and black and there was a guy saying some shit about me being a traitor and that acceptance is death. Nothing was happening though.

    Then I ran near the digger I was protecting and noticed a stealthed target. I hit it with my sword a couple times THEN I FELL DOWN DEAD FROM FULL HEALTH. It was gone after I revived.

  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    furlion wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Ok, I've done some work on the OP, updated some things, added an entire new section, deleted other things, cleaned up some formatting, and generally gave it a quick once over. I'll work on it some more but I need to go get some food and take a break from staring at the thread editor. Gimme a hollar if there's anything you want to see added or if anything needs to be changed!
    metaghost wrote: »
    @TOGSolid — I'm pretty sure everything listed in that bit about console Warframe is out of date, with the exception of separate friend lists and the free Booster Kit for PS-Plus (there's also a Starter Kit that costs $10).
    So I can just axe the whole thing and not worry about it? Do the console groups still have a main PA clan or is that totally dead?

    We have one with regular players but we never seem to get on at the same time. I say remove everything after #2. The current clan name is Queens of Space. I am still on regularly, just at odd times.
    Edit for ps4
    Kewl, I updated the PS4 clan info and rolled the rest of the PS info into the general quick start guide since it was just a couple lines. Thanks!
    Kelor wrote: »
    darkmayo wrote: »
    and I just figured out how to get into radshare groups... going join those for the rares I am looking for.

    Oh and I also got my last piece for Frost Prime, parts are cooking right now.

    Can't go wrong with having Frost, it's a fantastic frame. Not much of a tank itself but globes are so good for protecting points and his crowd control is great. Look into picking up his Augment mod for 3.
    His augment mod for 4 is pretty damn great too though. I've started messing with an Icy Avalance build and it's quickly over taking a snow globe build for my favorite Frost setup. I can still drop super snowglobes thanks to my high power strength but I also get bonus tankiness from Avalanche spam. The versatility of the build is making him into a Rhinoish "always fun regardless of mission type" frame.
    Henroid wrote: »
    Something crazy happened to me a bit ago. I was doing an Excavation mission (THESE ARE THE WORST), and suddenly my screen was flashing dark red and black and there was a guy saying some shit about me being a traitor and that acceptance is death. Nothing was happening though.

    Then I ran near the digger I was protecting and noticed a stealthed target. I hit it with my sword a couple times THEN I FELL DOWN DEAD FROM FULL HEALTH. It was gone after I revived.
    Congrats! You met the Stalker for the first time! Later on you can start kicking his ass to get Dread, Despair, and Hate blueprints. It's worth doing too because Dread is one of the best weapons in the game. Every time you kill a boss you'll get marked for an assassination attempt by the Stalker so you'll be meeting him fairly often during your Warframe career. In a full group he's pretty easy to kill as long as you stay mobile while solo takes some practice.

    Regarding Excavation missions: In a group of four they're pretty awesome ways to farm for items. Once you get the hang of doing it you can get multiple Excavators running at the same time which shortcuts the gear drop rotations.

    TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Something crazy happened to me a bit ago. I was doing an Excavation mission (THESE ARE THE WORST), and suddenly my screen was flashing dark red and black and there was a guy saying some shit about me being a traitor and that acceptance is death. Nothing was happening though.

    Then I ran near the digger I was protecting and noticed a stealthed target. I hit it with my sword a couple times THEN I FELL DOWN DEAD FROM FULL HEALTH. It was gone after I revived.

    Either Stalker or a Syndicate death squad. That happens. You will eventually come to regard them as loot pinatas with a fancy intro sequence.

  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    Something crazy happened to me a bit ago. I was doing an Excavation mission (THESE ARE THE WORST), and suddenly my screen was flashing dark red and black and there was a guy saying some shit about me being a traitor and that acceptance is death. Nothing was happening though.

    Then I ran near the digger I was protecting and noticed a stealthed target. I hit it with my sword a couple times THEN I FELL DOWN DEAD FROM FULL HEALTH. It was gone after I revived.

    Y'got Stalked.

    He's immune to abilities, you just have to keep moving. If you're in a game with team mates keep away from him and let them take him out while shooting him from safety.

    Stalker particularly enjoys jumping you when you have low level gear equipped.

    Killing him drops blueprints for his gear as well as mods.


    Similar thing happened to me when I first started playing, I was doing an interception mission on Earth as my third or fourth mission after clearing the tutorial when one of the people I was matched with was invaded by G3.

    We got our asses kicked in short order and I didn't touch an Intercept mission for a long time after that because I assumed they were some sort of special miniboss on Interception missions.

    Kelor on
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i got credit for a stalker kill in some public thing i ran. i have the dread blueprint in my foundry just waiting for me to hit MR5 and i got the neat lookin stalker glyph? the logo thingy you can put on your frame. i think it's a glyph. the names of all these things kinda mix together in my head.
    i got my rhino finished and took it out for a spin... i don't know that i like it so far. i see a fat pile up of enemies and my brain thinks "palpatine them buggers" and i push that button, but i'm not in my volt, so i just charge them. which, admittedly is funny when the first couple go flying, but less good than them getting electrocuted.
    i also did an archwing mission for someone who asked for help and DID NOT LIKE.

    -in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    *disconnected from game*

    *can't even log in*

    *investigates*
    curl: (35) LibreSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to www.warframe.com:443

    Oh. Nice. Site dead to me as well.

  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    *disconnected from game*

    *can't even log in*

    *investigates*
    curl: (35) LibreSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to www.warframe.com:443

    Oh. Nice. Site dead to me as well.

    I believe they've been getting DDOS'd several times recently

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    SteveRage wrote: »
    i got credit for a stalker kill in some public thing i ran. i have the dread blueprint in my foundry just waiting for me to hit MR5 and i got the neat lookin stalker glyph? the logo thingy you can put on your frame. i think it's a glyph. the names of all these things kinda mix together in my head.
    i got my rhino finished and took it out for a spin... i don't know that i like it so far. i see a fat pile up of enemies and my brain thinks "palpatine them buggers" and i push that button, but i'm not in my volt, so i just charge them. which, admittedly is funny when the first couple go flying, but less good than them getting electrocuted.
    i also did an archwing mission for someone who asked for help and DID NOT LIKE.

    Once you get access to Rhino's second ability he'll improve immediately.

    Melee attacks will be more effective in Archwing till you get your hands on some mods for your weapons. You'll rarely have to do it but at least you get your core mods from completing junctions now.

  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2018
    Darmak wrote: »
    I believe they've been getting DDOS'd several times recently

    Yep. Seems to be something else right now though, I shouldn't have my connection reset immediately, or get SSL issues.

    wfk6vhi7n60f.png

    Echo on
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Don't believe what people say. Stalker only drops Dread BPs.

    I used to hate Interception missions, but Frost with the Snow Globe mods makes them very easy.
    With decent weapons you can hold down two points and not be reliant on your team mates knowing what to do.
    Also makes solo Interceptions very easy.

    On fire
    .
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    Don't believe what people say. Stalker only drops Dread BPs.

    I used to hate Interception missions, but Frost with the Snow Globe mods makes them very easy.
    With decent weapons you can hold down two points and not be reliant on your team mates knowing what to do.
    Also makes solo Interceptions very easy.

    I have received 2 Despair blueprints! Of course I had to do some pretty bizarre stuff to DE staff to get them...

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm already out of space for everything. That didn't take long.

    So should I just sell weapons I've maxed out if I can just buy them for credits like the Braton? And if I've got or can make the Prime version of something, is there any reason to keep the basic version once you've maxed it?

    Should I just go ahead and start spending platinum on extra weapon/frame slots now? Will I ever be getting more slots or platinum through game progression? Or am I just going to hit a wall where I have to sell things or spend cash no matter what?

    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    My set of Stalker goodies is agonisingly close to complete. Naturally the one im missing is the one I covet the most, WAR.
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm already out of space for everything. That didn't take long.

    So should I just sell weapons I've maxed out if I can just buy them for credits like the Braton? And if I've got or can make the Prime version of something, is there any reason to keep the basic version once you've maxed it?

    Should I just go ahead and start spending platinum on extra weapon/frame slots now? Will I ever be getting more slots or platinum through game progression? Or am I just going to hit a wall where I have to sell things or spend cash no matter what?

    Dont feel bad about selling weapons. I cycled through weapons when I was slot poor early game. Youre not going to regret ditching anything with the MK 1 prefix or even other normal weapons if you arent a fan. Slots are probably the best thing you can spend plat on. You can pick up a few through quests, but also come with weapons in them so spending a little is probably the most realistic way of getting more. FREESWORD is a code for a free sword (imagine that) amd comes with a slot ao if you dont like it you get a free slot out of it. It does come with a preinstalled catalyst so its actually prett good at low levels.

    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, that sword was the first thing I used actually. Then I went back and maxed out the free baton, sold it, and now I'm making the basic baton. Then I found out I could buy fist weapons and immediately switched to those. Which I've somehow already found two stances for.

    Is there like a list of weapons or blueprints you can buy in the store for credits? So I can kinda see at a glance what's mostly harmless to sell.

    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Yeah, that sword was the first thing I used actually. Then I went back and maxed out the free baton, sold it, and now I'm making the basic baton. Then I found out I could buy fist weapons and immediately switched to those. Which I've somehow already found two stances for.

    Is there like a list of weapons or blueprints you can buy in the store for credits? So I can kinda see at a glance what's mostly harmless to sell.

    It's a very short list.

    Basically all the Mk-1 weapons, Braton, Strun, Lato, Aklato and Sicarus.

  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm already out of space for everything. That didn't take long.

    So should I just sell weapons I've maxed out if I can just buy them for credits like the Braton? And if I've got or can make the Prime version of something, is there any reason to keep the basic version once you've maxed it?

    Should I just go ahead and start spending platinum on extra weapon/frame slots now? Will I ever be getting more slots or platinum through game progression? Or am I just going to hit a wall where I have to sell things or spend cash no matter what?

    The only way to earn platinum in-game is to farm prime weapon and frame pieces and trade them to other players for plat. But because of that, you don't have to spend real cash on the game if you're willing to do the farming.

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Man, I've got three frames cooking, and it's a long wait. Also, my first grenade launcher is ticking away, so I'll be able to blow myself up soon!

    I bought a super cheap Nekros Prime set on the market as a long(ish) time goal, and I'm thinking about doing bounties to get Gara. Nezha looks kind of cool, too?

    I definitely want a Sarpa gunblade in about 1.5 mastery ranks. Don't @ me if it's crap. Pew pew, stab stab.

    As a game of choices, this is pretty good.

    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm already out of space for everything. That didn't take long.

    So should I just sell weapons I've maxed out if I can just buy them for credits like the Braton? And if I've got or can make the Prime version of something, is there any reason to keep the basic version once you've maxed it?

    Should I just go ahead and start spending platinum on extra weapon/frame slots now? Will I ever be getting more slots or platinum through game progression? Or am I just going to hit a wall where I have to sell things or spend cash no matter what?

    The only way to earn platinum in-game is to farm prime weapon and frame pieces and trade them to other players for plat. But because of that, you don't have to spend real cash on the game if you're willing to do the farming.

    If you are considering going into trading at all, I would highly recommend using warframe.market at least to see what a given part/set actually sells for. Trade chat is hilariously overpriced for everything, which is why you can easily see the same people trying to sell the same stuff for weeks at a time.

    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm already out of space for everything. That didn't take long.

    So should I just sell weapons I've maxed out if I can just buy them for credits like the Braton? And if I've got or can make the Prime version of something, is there any reason to keep the basic version once you've maxed it?

    Should I just go ahead and start spending platinum on extra weapon/frame slots now? Will I ever be getting more slots or platinum through game progression? Or am I just going to hit a wall where I have to sell things or spend cash no matter what?

    The only way to earn platinum in-game is to farm prime weapon and frame pieces and trade them to other players for plat. But because of that, you don't have to spend real cash on the game if you're willing to do the farming.

    If you are considering going into trading at all, I would highly recommend using warframe.market at least to see what a given part/set actually sells for. Trade chat is hilariously overpriced for everything, which is why you can easily see the same people trying to sell the same stuff for weeks at a time.

    I hate the necessity of trade chat. Trying to buy a thing and some guy sends me an insane buy price. Respond with something reasonable and he gets offended. Well sucks to not be a rube, I'll be buying elsewhere.

  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Yeah, that sword was the first thing I used actually. Then I went back and maxed out the free baton, sold it, and now I'm making the basic baton. Then I found out I could buy fist weapons and immediately switched to those. Which I've somehow already found two stances for.

    Is there like a list of weapons or blueprints you can buy in the store for credits? So I can kinda see at a glance what's mostly harmless to sell.

    It's a very short list.

    Basically all the Mk-1 weapons, Braton, Strun, Lato, Aklato and Sicarus.
    Those are the ones you can buy outright. There are a lot of weapons in the market that you can buy the blueprints for credits. Just go to primary/seconday/melee section in the market and check the box in the lower right for blueprint only. Any of those should have an option to buy the bp for credits. You'll still have to have the resources to craft them and wait 12/24hrs, but there are a lot there.

    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I'm playing on PS4, and gave up on the trade chat after about 15 seconds. It might be useful if you're asking for a specific thing, and know what you want to pay, but it's meaningless if you're looking to buy. The market website is totally sensible, though. Lots of people selling mods at (somewhat) fair prices.

    Yeah, I could spend 30-60 minutes grinding a specific mod, or I could pay 2 plat.

    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    300 oxium alert... but it's an archwing mission. Trying to decide if it's worth it. 8->

  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    300 oxium alert... but it's an archwing mission. Trying to decide if it's worth it. 8->

    I need Oxium also, might organise a group farm tomorrow if enough people are interested.

  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Huh. I have a Soma Prime. Yesterday I didn't have a Soma Prime.

    Was watching the twitch drop thing, did that give it or something?

This discussion has been closed.