As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Marin is fun in the miniature warfare brawl. You actually have a reasonable chance of killing the 1/1 chest before losing, unlike with normal shitty 8-mana Marin.

But, the chest either draws you 3 cards that likely would have cost 1, summons a pair of 1 cost minions or replaces you hand with random 1/1s. Maybe you highroll an onyxia or something
    Draw 3 is actually kind of useful in a brawl where it's pretty easy to empty out your hand! Especially if you draw a non-minion if you have any in your deck.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

No.

Edit: also I think this is probably supposed to be "Duskfallen Aviana". It was roughly translated from Korean, so.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    these druid themes are off the fucking hook

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    the druid cards they're printing for this set make me want to kill myself

holy fucking shit stop ruining my favorite class blizzard

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    remember how i said recently that course correction on blizzard is a bit slow, so we're still getting all the sloppy warlock and priest buffs from being kinda trash a year ago, and how shaman was suffering for the sins of their powerful aggro overbuff

i think it's safe to say we've hit the point where design is catching up to "Oh Jade Druid is really strong, we should go easy on the class"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    the memes from this one, tho

• Options
    can't wait to use all these druid cards with my new druid hero for the year of the raven

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    don't worry guys! she's got three attack! you can play her with all your druid recruit cards!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    don't worry guys! she's got three attack! you can play her with all your druid recruit cards!

SHE COSTS 5 MANA TOO, ODD DRUID SYNERGY Y'ALLS

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    talk about a nerf to firelands portal

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    it's a funny one. i guess it's designed for big druid in an aggro meta? bide some time and burn some bodies or removal, or you can cheat out a big fella next turn? 7 health on a five mana ultrataunt minion could well be turn 3 for druid, and if it sticks that's a pretty early ui / deathwing

obviously the downside makes it unplayable in most contexts

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Oh great. Another way Warlock can get voidlord out early.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    OH

MY

GOD

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME BLIZZARD?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    My favorite part is your opponent gets the first chance to play a free card. If they can also kill it that turn then you get nothing yourself. Or you activate something stupid and lose instantly because they have a Malygos or a Velen or something.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Christ, maybe the new season is the perfect time to get back into the game after all. Look at how few cards I'll need to craft!

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I love that card.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options

i have been informed that my shitpost is inaccurate due to mis-remembering druid's extremely playable recruit hook

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I will try to be as fair as I can about this, but I am downright grumpy.

At one point in Magic, Green (roughly analogous to Druid) had a theme of "Sharing". They printed cards that had symmetrical effects for both players with the general idea that the green player can maximize them more.

These cards ranged from playable to awful. Here's probably one of the better ones:

Image.ashx?multiverseid=4758&type=card

Beyond the question of whether or not these types of cards are good, there is a fundamental question of whether these types of cards are ever even FUN. Green players HATED these types of effects for years. Playing cards that help your opponent before they help you are only liked by the narrowest of slices of the player base. On a neutral minion this effect is niche but defensible, as one of the only two Legendaries Druid gets, this is inexcusable.

On a personal level, I hate this type of effect because it makes Druid seem stupid. For years people joked about how Green was the dumb class and would point to the Sharing cards as the reason why. And there is NO reason to print cards in this way; WoTC learned that if you want to do this type of effect, you always let the player casting the card get the first use out of it. That's it. That's all you have to do to make this card actually good, and legitimately fun. Maybe you up the mana cost a bunch - maybe it costs 10 mana instead - but at least then it is a FUN card and not a joke.

The worst part is that Blizzard already knows this. That's why they templated Forest Guide the way they did. A card in the same damn set no less!

Sorry for the rant.

Roz on
  • Options
    duskfallen aviana is worse than temporus

try to change my mind

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

try to change my mind

Easier to give your opponent instant lethal with Temporus

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    At minimum, if you're going to print a stupid card like that at least give it shroud. At least TRY to make it interesting. Jesus christ its fucking green circa Mirage through Prophecy.

I'm happy to not understand this sentence.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    the memes from this one, tho

Turn 5 - Duskfallen Aviana
    Turn 6 - Free Millhouse Manastorm!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    it's a card for generating day9 / disguised toast reddit clips. they - and blizzard - love that shit because it makes games unpredictable and big-event heavy, as opposed to marginal and grindy. and while it probably won't make wins for those guys easier, with perfect golden collections it'll do work for their viewcount

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    day9 wouldn't be caught dead with golden cards

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

try to change my mind

temporus still gives you a benefit though (assuming you don't instantly die, yes)

you literally get z e r o immediate benefit when you play duskfallen aviana out. she has to stick a turn before you can potentially get any value. and that's a turn that your opponent can slam a 0 mana voidlord or some shit, or otherwise just remove/deal with aviana while receiving benefit from her.

she is, in fact, a legendary that benefits your opponent more than you

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    At minimum, if you're going to print a stupid card like that at least give it shroud. At least TRY to make it interesting. Jesus christ its fucking green circa Mirage through Prophecy.

Ironically, the best green card from that era? Natural Order. Because it turns out being to play free creatures straight from your deck is really damn good.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Marin is fun in the miniature warfare brawl. You actually have a reasonable chance of killing the 1/1 chest before losing, unlike with normal shitty 8-mana Marin.

But, the chest either draws you 3 cards that likely would have cost 1, summons a pair of 1 cost minions or replaces you hand with random 1/1s. Maybe you highroll an onyxia or something

The biggest problem with Marin in Tavern Brawl is that everybody's playing him, along with Fungalmancer and Bonemare, and playing the same deck everybody else is in Tavern Brawl is boring.

*plays control warrior and kills all the 1/1s*

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Duskfallen Aviana could be useful when your opponent is playing a deck with low cost cards. They'll probably have an empty hand, and what cards they'll draw will probably be low cost anyway, so they won't get much advantage. You, on the other hand, will likely have a deck with a few big spells/minions and will be able to take advantage of it (assuming she lives).

I'm more interested in it for the silly plays and decks, it doesn't matter to me if it's a good card, only that it does something weird.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    You guys are so down on poor Aviana.
    She fits into every competitive Druid deck post-expansion.
    All 0 of them.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

try to change my mind

temporus still gives you a benefit though (assuming you don't instantly die, yes)

you literally get z e r o immediate benefit when you play duskfallen aviana out. she has to stick a turn before you can potentially get any value. and that's a turn that your opponent can slam a 0 mana voidlord or some shit, or otherwise just remove/deal with aviana while receiving benefit from her.

she is, in fact, a legendary that benefits your opponent more than you

He gives you benefit in that you still get the extra turn if he dies. Still benefits your opponent first (and thus more) though.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    Haha, they've given druids at least 2 cards that are worse on the board than they are in your hand.

Check out the new druid card!

a96000c4.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    you could change the url from the custom card generator before you try that one next time

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    I would like a minion that does that.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    New Card - Neutral Epic

Witch's Cauldron
    3 Mana
    0/4
    Whenever a friendly minion dies, add a random Shaman spell to your hand.

636582464825791194.png

Edit: Quick Update on Card Totals

6/10 Druid Cards
    5/10 Hunter Cards
    2/10 Mage Cards
    3/10 Paladin Cards
    5/10 Priest Cards
    4/10 Rogue Cards
    3/10 Shaman Cards
    2/10 Warlock Cards
    7/10 Warrior Cards

14/45 Neutral Cards

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    For all those times you wanted Cult Master to give you Totemic Might instead of cards you actually put in your deck.

• Options
    pros of duskcaller aviana:

if your opponent uses temporus on you, you can finally get the benefit of the effect first

cons of duskcaller aviana:
    you just played a 5 mana 3 attack minion on turn 1 of temporus... probably losing you the game

• Options
    What you need is a minion with "Deathrattle: Recruit a 3 attack minion*". Something to get Duskcaller out on your opponent's turn so that you get it first.
    *or 5 mana minion.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    New Card - Neutral Epic

Witch's Cauldron
    3 Mana
    0/4

636582464825791194.png
    Why should Shamans be the only class generating shitty random Shaman spells!?

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Haha, I was putting together an odds-only druid deck and was like 'oh good, you can still run DK Malfurion-' before realising that once you've played Malf you've thrown away 90% of the reason to have sacrificed all your even mana cards in the first place.

See you in a year Baku.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    New Card - Neutral Epic

Witch's Cauldron
    3 Mana
    0/4

[img]https://media-hearth. cursecdn.com/avatars/367/449/636582464825791194.png[/img]
    Why should Shamans be the only class generating shitty random Shaman spells!?

just need a "cast random Shaman spell when you cast a Shaman spell" effect somewhere and we're golden

oh damn that coldlight/malygos deck dog is playing with is hilarious, it enables a OTK-like combo with
    spiritsinger umbra -> kobold illusionist -> summons a couple copies of itself, then a malygos -> backstab/poke around with the illusionists until you have enough malygi -> eviscerate (-> eviscerate if you've got the coins)

AAECAaIHBrQDxgWyrQLJwgKA0wLw5gIMtAHEAe0CzQO9BJsFiAf4B4YJ9bsC2+MC3+MCAA==

Dehumanized on