The [Marvel] thread is a War free zone

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What the leaping Christ is that

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The art in Dr. Strange is...not good.

Least it gave me a new avatar.

It looks like a human version of the CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    There are times I love Fraser Irving's art

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think Fraser Irving is a very good artist for certain titles and scenes (the end of the issue scene with Stephen shaving and going back to classic Doctor Strange looks great) but doesn't handle expression work very well at all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    latest?cb=20170908063817
    Makes me think of this Star Wars Destiny character

6F32U1X.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with the cat eyes but they just seem super unnecessary and also completely forgotten for the most part?

Like they feel like someone who was making their RPG character and couldn't stop adding things

SHE'S GOT WEATHER POWERS

AND HER EYES GO WHITE WHEN SHE USES THEM

AND SHE HAS PURE WHOTE HAIR

AND SHE CAN WALK THROUGH WALLS DISAPPEAR AND FLY

SHE IS MUCH MORE UNQIUE THAN THE OTHER GUYS]

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The art in Dr. Strange is...not good.

Least it gave me a new avatar.

That's a great AV that makes me a little sad tho ( I made your last AV heh)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Woody Harrelson reminded everyone he is in Venom while on the Solo press tour, saying he has a very small role in the film but will have a much larger role in the potential sequel

So uh

Yeah he's definitely Carnage

CYpGAPn.png
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Fraser Irving is great and I think his facial expressions are very good

aGPmIBD.jpg
    You know what was great was his work on Seven Soldiers: Klarion

02c6c2be3ddbeb4ac167348eb9272874.jpg

also I love his Joker

bmrob_15_dylux-2-copy.jpg

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I like that Joker but that Klarion is really off-putting to me

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I like that Joker but that Klarion is really off-putting to me

I feel the opposite, but I bounced off Morrison's Joker extremely hard.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Hey, where does Hank!Ultron make his debut? I thought it was Ultron Forever, but I just read it and that's definitely not it.

Is it another series with Danielle Cage as Cap? I'm asking both as a follow-up question and as a standalone thing

Well, he was initially "created" in the Avengers: Rage of Ultron OGN. I believe his next appearance is in Gerry Duggan's Uncanny Avengers, issues 9-12.

Hollywood Reporter: 'Locke and Key' Picked Up to Series at Netflix
    After eight years and multiple writers and outlets, IDW's beloved comic Locke and Key is finally coming to the small screen.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Netflix is near a series order deal for the drama based on Joe Hill's graphic novel from showrunner Carlton Cuse. Netflix declined comment as deals are not done.

Sources say Netflix is in talks to license the rights for the IP and redevelop the drama with IDW Entertainment. The Netflix series is not the Hulu pilot. Instead, Cuse and Joe Hill will redevelop the series for the streaming giant with an entirely new cast and new director. Andy Muschietti, who helmed the Hulu pilot, is busy with It 2 and is no longer avaialble to direct. He will still be credited as an EP on the Netflix series.

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Hollywood Reporter: 'Locke and Key' Picked Up to Series at Netflix
    After eight years and multiple writers and outlets, IDW's beloved comic Locke and Key is finally coming to the small screen.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Netflix is near a series order deal for the drama based on Joe Hill's graphic novel from showrunner Carlton Cuse. Netflix declined comment as deals are not done.

Sources say Netflix is in talks to license the rights for the IP and redevelop the drama with IDW Entertainment. The Netflix series is not the Hulu pilot. Instead, Cuse and Joe Hill will redevelop the series for the streaming giant with an entirely new cast and new director. Andy Muschietti, who helmed the Hulu pilot, is busy with It 2 and is no longer avaialble to direct. He will still be credited as an EP on the Netflix series.

I can't wait until the pilot is done and then not picked up again

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I’m a little bummed by that because the Hulu pilot was filmed about an hour and a half away from me

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    It's because they haven't cast me. I'm their curse

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It's because they haven't cast me. I'm their gift, their curse

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Spider-Man #800 Spoilers
    R.I.P Flash

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Spider-Man #800 Spoilers
    R.I.P Flash

I'm imagining your avatar saying this

It doesn't seem very sincere

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fuck

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    ASM 800 was pretty good, def grabbed from Slott's entire run.

though in other WHOA news, apparent Stuart Immonen is retiring from comics now.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Man both of these ASM 800 things bum me the fuck out

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Slott
    ends his run killing off a fan favorite character like Flash.

Bendis did a victory lap of basically all his shit and undid the remaining significant deaths and added toys to the toy box before leaving, Slott takes one out and breaks it on the way off the book.

CYpGAPn.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

Bendis did a victory lap of basically all his shit and undid the remaining significant deaths and added toys to the toy box before leaving, Slott takes one out and breaks it on the way off the book.

I would be more bummed if
    Marvel hadn't just tossed off Flash to the side in favor of Eddie. The Agent Anti-Venom thing went nowhere and clearly they weren't going to do anything with him.

I would be more bummed if
    Marvel hadn't just tossed off Flash to the side in favor of Eddie. The Agent Anti-Venom thing went nowhere and clearly they weren't going to do anything with him.
    I mean, the first issue of Venom explictly brought up Flash and it felt like Donny Cates was going to bring him in at some point

Just because he wasn't The Venom anymore doesn't mean they should kill him off

CYpGAPn.png
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Comic artists

can retire???

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Comic artists

can retire???

Marvel artists traditionally retire by walking into de sea

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Comic artists

can retire???

Everybody dies eventually

edited May 2018
    Comic artists

can retire???

When you get that Mark Millar Netflix money

Garlic Bread on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Comic artists

can retire???

Yeah but then they just find some convoluted way to bring them back to life

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I have a few clients that have retired from the monthly grind, and they make 3-4x as much doing work for studios. Hard to argue with making the jump, if the offer comes around.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    that's not retiring
    retiring is when you stop working and live the rest of your life on your savings and pension
    I'm not sure what "savings" or "pension" are though, some sort of mythological figures maybe

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I love it when people talk about retiring as if it's ever gonna happen

like, n a h, World War 3 is more likely than you getting to retire, Susan, you're gonna work right into the grave

and then they'll pass the Undead Service bill and reanimate you so your corpse can keep manning that cash register

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Comic artists

can retire???

Except for @Rorshach Kringle

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm hoping to be executed by the state then to have my carcass processed into a nutritious slurry to feed the offspring of The Uplifted, rather than undead servitude

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'm hoping to be executed by the state then to have my carcass processed into a nutritious slurry to feed the offspring of The Uplifted, rather than undead servitude

same but stella specifically, not the whole state

f2ojmwh3geue.png
This discussion has been closed.