As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAD] Hyper Hexazeon-est

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Have any friends with a fujin inherit?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Yeah. I just stalled with Sonia Cleo until a Fujin active was up.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    hey anybody got a kiri they could put up
    I got some bullshit to try to get away with

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    hey anybody got a kiri they could put up
    I got some bullshit to try to get away with

If we're friends, mine is up

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    I'm starting to think that the non-blue/black penguins don't actually exist

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    awright, challenge 9 falls to kiri

only 10 remains

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    awright, challenge 9 falls to kiri

only 10 remains

What'd you do for 9?

• Options
    edited May 2018
    kiri
    d.athena(orochi)
    mori motonari(sun quan)[he wasn't really important, isis with some strong inherit might be better, could use skill badge to make up the difference, I used hp badge but didn't need to]
    sonia clea [bind clear, lock-busting orb change]
    skuld(skuld) [emergency hearts]

main thing is to delay round 1 so kiri can come up, everything else pretty straightforward kiri stuff

r1 take the first hit, delay, then can stall
    r2 1% hp rage will potentially kill, and he makes blue orbs, kiri will do heavy damage so try not to make big blue matches and she'll wittle him down in short order anyway
    r3 try not to get hit with too many binds, can use ath/sonia to deal with the bind if it's really an emergency, wasn't a prob for me - could just blow your orb changes here to get through her fast
    r4 can stall here - ideally you stalled long enough on 2/3 to have a kiri active ready - you can last a little bit depending on hearts/if you can clear his bullshit that probably got blocked by locked orbs
    r5 sonia/kiri one-shot
    r6 can stall 1k turns if you want kiri to explode him, otherwise she's offline damage-wise - I just hoarded blue and did rows until he locks everything, then I tanked the next hit and hit with orochi delay, killed with the board-change actives

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    damn i lucked into a random ally leader with fujin active and it solved all my troubles with damage absorption shield

EDIT: I spent 2 stones to complete C10 but its probably worth it

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    C8 is the last thing I need to do for a ragdrag. Ugh.

• Options
    I think I used my regular ilmina/elric team - stalled for skills on 1/2, ilmina active to clear 3, ilmina board for 4/damage void for 5’s preemptive, then saria for 5

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Finally got it down. Used a Zeus Verse half-cheese (since I had the actual monsters instead of just their skillups). I kept getting unlucky with either not enough hearts to heal up before I could kill f1, or accidentally killing f2 while stalling for skills.

I think I could have made it with an Ameno team too, but again the accidental too much damage on f2 ended some of those.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    damnit i waited too long to exchange and just realized i don't have enough of the GFEs to trade for yusuke
    can't trade my extra scheats either for some reason
    oh well

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    damnit i waited too long to exchange and just realized i don't have enough of the GFEs to trade for yusuke
    can't trade my extra scheats either for some reason
    oh well

Double check that you don't have some of the trade in ones in their uveo state. You can only trade in the base and 1st evo stages

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Turns out it was greyed out because I had my Scheat on a team
    Traded for Yusuke with Eschamali, dupe scheat, dupe dkali, dupe dmeta
    wished I could have used my 4 satsukis instead though

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    When’s Hephaestus dragon
    I got a surprise for him

The prophecy has come to pass~
    May Quests Complete

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    When’s Hephaestus dragon
    I got a surprise for him

The prophecy has come to pass~
    May Quests Complete

Grats! I finally knocked them all out too! First time I've finished a monthly set.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    https://pad.gungho.jp/member/collabo/mtg/180527_mtg.html

W.T.F. There's going to be a M:TG collab. Inc Nicol Bolas

also evo stones
    hkmF1de.png

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    https://pad.gungho.jp/member/collabo/mtg/180527_mtg.html

W.T.F. There's going to be a M:TG collab. Inc Nicol Bolas

also evo stones
    hkmF1de.png

Yeah... Like OW MY STONES. MTG collab is gonna be "bad" for me.

• Options
    Anyone else's Sakuya has 7c awakening like the one listed here?: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3490
    Mine is has the old crappy awakenings

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    If you mean those three "super awakenings", that's a different system.

You feed an already +297 monster another +297 (doesn't have to be all at once, more like an xp bar) and you'll get one of those three. Yeah. One of them. If you want the 7c, it may take you multiple +297 feeds to get it.

• Options
    Nah I was talking about the regular awakening set. Apparently its just JP set that is shown for me where they buffed Kirin with Awakenings - 2 Unbindable → Unbindable+, 7c, SB → SB+

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Box is feeling really roomy today~

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Box is feeling really roomy today~

My mail too, now that I cleared out the mats from it. Just tamas and pys and globes now

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Gained about 180 slots today. Out of 1500.

Was able to clear most of my mail out at least. And now I don't have to sell anything when doing the material dungeons.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    ok main got
    alrescia..arrechsia..alreschia, the dark crest guy, and a dupe gadius
    alt got some rider and Heroic Yinyang Swordpair, Gan Jiang & Mo Ye

HYSGJ&MY seem pretty good, must be new

oh my god they turn into coop+ equipment

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    I got... Muse, Black Chester, Red Chester, Hades and Ars Nova
    wtf

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    wtf

Hey, I like Ars Nova. Good for quickie farming. 49x unconditional for l/r monsters. Although, now that I type that, it seems low. Does anyone get out of bed for less than 64x anymore?

• Options
    akjak wrote: »
    wtf

Hey, I like Ars Nova. Good for quickie farming. 49x unconditional for l/r monsters. Although, now that I type that, it seems low. Does anyone get out of bed for less than 64x anymore?

I bit the bullet and evoed Zeus Verse for 225x

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »
    wtf

I bit the bullet and evoed Zeus Verse for 225x

My Zeus Verse is assisted on a whaledor for Kiri cheese. Maybe I should just make another one.

Also, ZELA GET YAY

• Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    OK, I've been playing this game for around 6 years. I've had 999,999,999+ gold for years now and can spend millions of gold on dungeons and stay at the cap for an infinite period of time. I'm at rank 498, 265 stamina, 592 team points (you can literally make up any team you want with points to spare), and I have specialized teams for all manners of bullshit and around 2600/3000 slot spaces filled with any monster I need for certain dungeons.

However, it seems to me that the newer dungeons over the last 6 months or so are filled with just cheap, insta-fuck you abilities that take away any skill or strategy in the game. Monsters can now hit you with 3-5 abilities/attacks every round, and take away all "game" aspects, leaving you to rely on sheer dumb luck with skyfall combos to win or force you to use gems to get through every dungeon. The number of dungeons that force you to spend a gem despite you 1-shotting every stage is getting ridiculous. "Hey, great job clearing the first 5 stages. Enter level 6 and lose your abilities, we're going to hide/alter all the gems, some of your monsters are stunned, we're going to switch out your leader, and take 250k damage because fuck you, spend a gem!" To me, that just takes away all the gameplay, strategy, and skill aspects of the game.

Seriously, I hate most RNG games. I always enjoyed this game due to your ability to use strategy to make a team using specific monsters to maximize your damage/skills, and your skill with setting up skyfall combos/making matches makes all the difference in the world. The RNG is there, but it was minimal compared to most other games in this genre. Unfortunately, it seems to me that all the newer dungeons take away all of that to force everyone to just brute force their way through dungeons by using gems. I've begun playing other, more RNG-based games now because as much as I hate RNG, it is preferable to the forced gem-spending bullshit this game now seems to throw out more and more.

It makes me sad and I've noticed that over the last few months, I just log in to get the daily bonus and am running dungeons less and less. The enjoyment I get in this game is pretty much gone at this point. I'd hate to delete this game and have all that time spent just disappear. Would someone like to take over this account? I'd be happy to transfer it over to someone that would like a huge step up if they were just beginning or someone that would really enjoy and utilize this account.

If multiple people are wanting to take over, I'll have to come up with a lottery-type thing or "pick a random number and whoever gets closest can have it" thing.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    Prob someone on reddit would take it if you don’t find any takers here

I always kind of assume the bleeding edge content is for people spending a bunch of money to have the bleeding edge teams (or who actually have puzzle skill), I refuse to stone a dungeon

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    Yeah, I assumed the same thing. All the new dungeons are strictly for people who just buy a ton of gems to brute force their way through. No strategy, no skill, just spending gem after gem to get through. That's the exact opposite of what I liked about this game, and if this is the way the game is headed, I don't want any part of it. When your team is getting 55x damage and hitting for tens or hundreds of millions but are still forced to gem through a dungeon due to forced mechanics beyond your control, what's the point of playing?

I'll hop on reddit and see if any newcomers would like the account. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, I assumed the same thing. All the new dungeons are strictly for people who just buy a ton of gems to brute force their way through. No strategy, no skill, just spending gem after gem to get through. That's the exact opposite of what I liked about this game, and if this is the way the game is headed, I don't want any part of it. When your team is getting 55x damage and hitting for tens or hundreds of millions but are still forced to gem through a dungeon due to forced mechanics beyond your control, what's the point of playing?

Still being able to clear the monthly is good enough for me
    What am I gonna do with mechanical goemon or whatever anyway

Actually...
    Maybe I can beat that now...
    If I can figure out how to do 15 mil with kiri in a turn
    Hmm...
    Well that kinda thing keeps me in

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I've had the exact opposite experience recently after the b.sonia/g.sonia upgrade. Now I'm able to take on more dungeons than I had ever did before. Completed the May Quest dungeons, got Yusuke then beat a bunch more. I guess I got lucky with my recent pulls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    then again i'm not exactly doing the bleeding edge kind of content and I've sadly never completed any of the endless dungeons at all. For the longest time, I just logged in for the log in reward and maybe complete a dungeon or two. It might be wise to just sit on your account for a while, since we all know the power creep is just around the corner anyways.

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I'll hop on reddit and see if any newcomers would like the account. Thanks for the suggestion.

The bleeding edge *has* become less about "solve the board" (big time combo meta notwithstanding) and more about the "tricks" the bosses have.

Going in blind anymore is gonna result in failure. It's a whole other bullshit, but looking up dungeons beforehand is required.

That said, people aren't doing it by spending stones. They're doing it by bringing the leader/active skills to counter the bullshit. So there IS strategy, it's just about strategic team building, active skill use, and *then* solving the board.

I get the frustration, I really do. I can't 7 combo reliably, so the highest dungeons just aren't for me.

I still like new cards, new collabs and trying new teams and strategies. Cheese teams are still fun and effective.

Edit: I also am remembering coming on here and nearly ragequitting over a dungeon that had a 99 turn skill bind. That's the day I learned a teambuilding rule: 5 skill bind resist awakenings across the team. Now it's just more "rules," and sometimes knowing which utility awakening/skills you do and don't need for a given dungeon.

TL;DR power gonna creep, yo.

akjak on
  • Options
    And they've been adding awakenings that solve those gameplay issues through matching tricks (needing all atts, 3x3 for void damage limits, Ls to unlock orbs, etc)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What are your teams, Slurpee?

• Options
    yo v15 changes look great
    now all +'s go into a bank to be applied directly so I don't have to sort the box in weird ways to track down whatever
    filter by skill up/limit break availability

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    How is that going to work with all the + mules we have sitting around waiting to donate?