As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Betrayal League December 7th

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    When the corporate overlords demand returns we'll see if they stick to it.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    This was about Chris Wilson and whoever was left of the initial investors getting paid. They'd built a stable business and wanted to cash out without having to stop game production; happens all the time.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    in more light-hearted news

chris wilson wanted to make the april fools gag something totally different and way more malicious

he want to make it so fake mirrors of kalandra dropped, but you couldn't actually pick them up

you just click and click on them, but they don't actually exist

God, what a dick.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Has anyone here every actually seen one of those drop?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    I've heard it's roughly 1 per 5k hours playtime.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    The most valuable drop I've ever gotten was a middling roll Starforge, just a bit less valuable than a mirror.

Edit: that's not true, I did get a The Doctor card in Abyss from a Gambler divination turn in.

Rius on
  • Options
    Grats on killing Shaper then! That's a bit more than I've done. In theory my triple dark pact totems should have been able to handle Shaper but I never took the time to collect all the stuff required to fight him. Actually, I've only even fought one of the guardians once, and that was from joining a friend's map and not my own.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Grats on killing Shaper then! That's a bit more than I've done. In theory my triple dark pact totems should have been able to handle Shaper but I never took the time to collect all the stuff required to fight him. Actually, I've only even fought one of the guardians once, and that was from joining a friend's map and not my own.

Speaking of Dark Pact totems, the Hierophant I ripped is still clocking in at 25k dps per totem. Fully spooled up that's 100k before any use of Wither or curses.
    The most expensive components of the build are dual Apep's Rage wands, Clear Mind and Hidden Potential.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    It seems reaaaaally unlikely that they change the payment model. Everyone would hate it, and they're selling supporter packs for upwards of $100 on goodwill as is. Not being able to pay for power is a pretty big core of the game, and Tencent doesn't seem like they generally mess with the non-Western market in any of the games they've bought out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Chinese version of PoE, which is already managed by Tencent, has tokens you can buy in the store that resurrect you on death and refund experience.

• Options
    Right. And they typically run the Chinese version of their games much differently than the Western devs, and by all reports let the original Western devs handle their game as they see fit. From the GGG reddit post and looking at League of Legends, Tencent seem to stick to the Chinese market that they know and leave the other versions alone.

They have no real incentive to kill the golden goose -- PoE right now is doing great with its current model. I'm not going to worry about anything until the lead developer quits or something, which isn't happening right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I see you @Rius also marvelling at the absolute madman who yolo slammed a mirror worthy shaped ES vaal regalia and managed to hit T1 %ES. It's disgusting.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    I see you @Rius also marvelling at the absolute madman who yolo slammed a mirror worthy shaped ES vaal regalia and managed to hit T1 %ES. It's disgusting.

That's the thing, I'm not sure it was mirror worthy before he slammed it. Like, in Standard, who cares about a 480 ES chest, no matter what it's other mods are?

But it sure as fuck is now. Gigantic brass balls.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I'm continuing to fight my way to the top. Switched to Jugg/RF which works amazingly well with just a Saffel's. Xbox is dark and full of terrors and rubberband death when you pop a breach is always a click away. Hence Jugg. Still no Kaom's Way prophecies so I'm staying away from red maps but would easily do them in SC. 8K life. End of Quarter/Year at work so can't really devote much time but luckily Xbox ;)

a85w39pwg7eb.jpg

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ATTACK IN PLACE FEATURE COMING IN 3.30

THANK U CHINESE OVERLORDS

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I can't awesome that enough.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I wish making a decent RF character didn't cost 50ex thanks to ziz popularizing it

• Options
    What's so special/required about RF now that is so expensive?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i have never made an rf character that used rf to do damage and chris willing i never shall

rf is a disgrace... imagine havinbg life... eurgh..............

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

Most likely the jewels , I doubt the shield or scepter would be that much unless they are super well rolled.

• Options
    The essences for your helmet are 1.5ex each, and then each roll is rng as to whether you'll additional supports.

• Options

Most likely the jewels , I doubt the shield or scepter would be that much unless they are super well rolled.

a "good" stat stick is like 3+ ex

kaom's way goes for like 1ex now

your helm is, as has been stated, disgustingly expensive

• Options
    It makes me glad I did a LL RF SR build in Harbinger before shit got all cray cray.

• Options
    it was a combination of shaper/elder gear being absolutely effing bonkers for RF and some big name streamers using the build in HC(it is incredibly safe and braindead)

you used to be able to get kaom's ways for like 5-15c and a complete RF build was like 1-2 ex

• Options
    It was also the first build to kill Uber Elder on SC and HC, and is probably still the easiest build for farming it. Having 3k something regen is very forgiving.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    The +20-30% increased life recovery when affected by vitality jewels, which seem to help a lot, are also 25+ exalts. RF is all around so expensive.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Shavronne's Wrappings and Presence of Chayula to name a couple. LL RF does disgusting amounts of damage.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I wish making a decent RF character didn't cost 50ex thanks to ziz popularizing it

It's unfortunate, but blaming streamers for this is a little silly. People were always going to find a build that was as strong as RF is in 3.2

That said, who's hyped to play SELF-CAST ARC in 3.3? (Disgaea!)

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Its not all that silly. You see it every week when Mathil releases his build of the week. Prices for those items go up by orders of magnitudes. Last league I bought several RF essences for 40-60c a piece.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    i dont understand why anybody would play rf ever

its the most boring and least interesting build in the entire game

every item decided for u, literally zero interesting interactions, 100% pure braindead

like why even bother, just pretend u already played it and make a build for urself angeery

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Griswold wrote: »

It's unfortunate, but blaming streamers for this is a little silly. People were always going to find a build that was as strong as RF is in 3.2

That said, who's hyped to play SELF-CAST ARC in 3.3? (Disgaea!)

What, is that getting buffed?
    100% pure braindead

Hey, I resemble that remark!
    [Plays Caustic Arrow]

• Options
    Many players are more interested in effectiveness than variety.

• Options
    Arc (and Vaal Arc) are getting increased damage per remaining chain to help compensate against single targets. Vaal Arc's getting reduced to 4 chains as a result, but it will also fork every time it chains.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Many players are more interested in effectiveness than variety.

these are not real people they are bots placed in the game to give the illusion of an active economy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I would say a majority of players in this game play predetermined interactions and those that create their own are a large minority. Its like that in most of the games of this type. People fine strong interactions and release them out and everyone tries it.

I mean my thought is that outside of meme interactions almost all the various permuations get tested and checked within the first few days of a patch. I call it my build when I say I made a poets herald shatter FB/Nova assassin that I dont see anyone really playing. But I know its been done before I did it.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Rius wrote: »
    Arc (and Vaal Arc) are getting increased damage per remaining chain to help compensate against single targets. Vaal Arc's getting reduced to 4 chains as a result, but it will also fork every time it chains.

That's amazing. I've been a longtime Arc fan but I'm having real trouble squeezing out more than 70k dps on self-cast and 25k on totems on various test legacy characters I've been diddling around with between leagues.
    I've been trying to make Agnerod West work for a while, but honestly have felt no hope at actually succeeding, since most lightning spells are kinda meh.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »

That's amazing. I've been a longtime Arc fan but I'm having real trouble squeezing out more than 70k dps on self-cast and 25k on totems on various test legacy characters I've been diddling around with between leagues.
    I've been trying to make Agnerod West work for a while, but honestly have felt no hope at actually succeeding, since most lightning spells are kinda meh.

if you want to do arc totems dual shimmerons will get you that crunchy dps, especially with modern hiero

easy shaper slay

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    dmnegpqvqmaa.png

this is actually legitimately awesome

you can use this as a curse on hit skill for frenzies, you could use it as a cwdt level 1 to get frenzy gen without blood rage degen, you could stick it into all kind of random ass links to get free frenzies, it has a slow, its just generally extremely cool

lots of fun stuff you can do with this

if you have a cwc setup you could do some interesting stuff with this as first skill and a second skill and some hypothermia meme's, although obviously u lose the link of damage and its never worth doing this but still the IDEA is nice

coc would be legit tho

ALSO 180% DAMAGE EFFECTIVENESS WAT THE FUNQ

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    dmnegpqvqmaa.png

this is actually legitimately awesome

you can use this as a curse on hit skill for frenzies, you could use it as a cwdt level 1 to get frenzy gen without blood rage degen, you could stick it into all kind of random ass links to get free frenzies, it has a slow, its just generally extremely cool

lots of fun stuff you can do with this

if you have a cwc setup you could do some interesting stuff with this as first skill and a second skill and some hypothermia meme's, although obviously u lose the link of damage and its never worth doing this but still the IDEA is nice

coc would be legit tho

ALSO 180% DAMAGE EFFECTIVENESS WAT THE FUNQ

I kind of want to slot that into a CwC Scorching Ray Whispering Ice build

It's too dumb not to try it

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    ye altho i just remembered u cant bypass the cd any more through charge expenditure when channelling so it sucks

solution; eye of innocence, cwdt, hrimburn, endless memes

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.