As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the mod approved [Hero Academia] thread

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I love how many characters have super gross powers or weird body stuff going on. It always feels like the world is populated half by Stan Lee X-Men and half by Morrison X-Men.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I will fight you and I will win because I believe in myself and I believe in my friends.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Like the guy with Meatball

That's the worst power

Just

ew

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    In the latest ep
    I got a huge laugh out of Bakugo’s mom going off about how he has an amazing quirk and is naturally good at everything so people kept fawning over him and he ended up like this.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Does anyone know why episode 50 isn’t up on funimation by any chance?
    The simuldub is no longer simul, it's on a 2 week delay

Hmm, that’s kind of a bummer. Maybe I should finally make the switch to crunchyroll.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    In the latest ep
    I got a huge laugh out of Bakugo’s mom going off about how he has an amazing quirk and is naturally good at everything so people kept fawning over him and he ended up like this.

It's especially funny when compared to
    Todoroki's dad

He's all "I GOTTA HAVE THE STRONGEST SON IN THE WOOOOOOOORLD"

And Mama Bakugo is all "yeah stop spoiling my kid, he's a little brat".

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    also this show fucking kicks ass

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I love this show!!

This latest season has been great and has even made me start liking bakugo, who I found to be more tedious than anything until s3. Somehow liking his character now makes me like him in the first two seasons a lot more too somehow

I very pleased with how they keep subverting the expectation that he's going to pull a Sasuke and go from being a rival to a villain.

He's just a jerk but he really sticks with the hero thing.

Edit: sticks, not sucks. Stupid phone.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i love all my children equally
    i don't care for mineta

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mineta can just kind of go disappear somewhere and never have anyone comment on his existence anymore and I'd be cool with that.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I assume that crunchyroll is the best way to watch this from the start?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »

The dub for this show is extremely good

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Hulu has the bulk of the show, subbed and dub

If you like dubs, this show has a great one and is Simuldub so everything except for the most recent episode is available on Funimation

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also I now have a reason to post this video. There are some spoilers up to the Stain arc so beware.

My Hero Academia Explained As Badly As Possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKKrmlyl-_Y

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Mineta can just kind of go disappear somewhere and never have anyone comment on his existence anymore and I'd be cool with that.

Any time they try to humanize Mineta like at the end of Season 2 it just comes off as very forced and also just doens't work.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    You say run is easily in the top 5 OST songs from anime.

It's so damn good.

• Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Any time they try to humanize Mineta like at the end of Season 2 it just comes off as very forced and also just doens't work.

Mineta can't be salvageable as long as his only character trait is "is always a pervert"

I literally can't think of anything else about him

He's with Tail Dude, Sugar Boy, and WeirdHead Animal Guy in the group of students who get very little characterization

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    let mind control guy, the vastly better purple boy, transfer into the main class and boot mineta out

• Options
    Aw I like tail dude

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I want to meet Mineta’s parents

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Aw I like tail dude

I don't mind him, he's just relegated to the background too much for me to have a strong opinion

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    This is obviously a trap, everyone that posts on this thread is probably being added to a list. (Oh no, what have I done. =\) It is surprising how much of a fan base this has gained in a relatively short amount of time. One MHA funko that was a hot topic exclusive a little over a year ago is $200+ due to increased demand.

p.s. I'm probably already on a list. ^.^

• Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Mineta can't be salvageable as long as his only character trait is "is always a pervert"

I literally can't think of anything else about him

He's with Tail Dude, Sugar Boy, and WeirdHead Animal Guy in the group of students who get very little characterization

The problem is that Mineta is always being brought up to be the focus of a part of an episode despite getting little to no characterization other then what you said.

Also the anime/manga seemingly mocking him for wanting to see the girls in their bras and everyone reacting with disgust and then showing the teenage girls in bras is a bad look always.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    this show mostly rules but the gross stuff is just gross enough that I'd feel weird recommending it to someone without some qualifiers so that sucks

Also the MHA-verse really is afraid to show a boy and a girl having a straight up superhero fight I feel like

• Options
    Aw I like tail dude

I don't mind him, he's just relegated to the background too much for me to have a strong opinion

A lot of Class A falls under this. When's the last time we got to see pink acid girl do something that developed her character?

• Options
    Who is everyone's favorite minor background hero

I think Kamui Woods is rad as shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Is Mt. Lady minor?

Because she's definitely my favorite if so

The detail about her always being in debt because she keeps destroying shit is hilarious

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I would say so

Anyone who isn't part of the UA teaching staff or directly related to one of the students (like Endeavor) should be fair game

Outside of, like, Gran Torino I guess

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

Ryuko Tatsuma. I am not sure if she has shown up in the anime yet.
    Y6gw0BU.png

Couscous on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    the instant kamui woods appeared was the moment i was fully on board with the show

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    eraserhead being revealed to be cool actually totally worked on me and I think his powerset/design when he's actually trying is real dope

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    wait hold on what are the rules for posting manga stuff here

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Paper guy is pretty terrifying with the way he knocks people unconscious by impaling them in just the right spot.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Gang

Orca

Alsoooooo Edgeshot

• Options
    The UA principal is the best entirely because of the final exam with ashido and kaminari where he has waaaaaay too much fun being a villain.

• Options

Gang

Orca

Alsoooooo Edgeshot
    Is Edgeshot the cowboy guy who comes to save the day after the first big villain attack?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    wait hold on what are the rules for posting manga stuff here

manga stuff under spoilers pls!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Kyoka Jiro seems like she might do too much to be a background hero.

If so then Mt. Lady is my fav.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    One of my complaints right now is after the sports festival Uraraka hasn't gotten much to do outside of pine for Midoriya

Which like

They re cute but she needs to do something to make her feel like a real character again

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Gang

Orca

Alsoooooo Edgeshot
    Is Edgeshot the cowboy guy who comes to save the day after the first big villain attack?

Edgeshot is the ninja dude who can fold his body

This discussion has been closed.