As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The latest episode of Interstitial introduced us to the concept of Larxene the Hedgehog, and I am very into it.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    The latest episode of Interstitial introduced us to the concept of Larxene the Hedgehog, and I am very into it.

I'm taking tangential credit for it because there was a picture someone made for me of larxene as Jay White, The Knife Pervert, passing around the got it memorized discord

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    C/w 08:
    hmn2k2n5hkvp.jpeg

It is taking all of my willpower not to spoil myself on who the Counterweight’s Angels are, I tell you hwat.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    why wouldn't they show ads you are more likely to click

because the sponsor paid them to show the ad to everybody

targeted ads are definitely a thing but they get mixed in with more like. "universal" ads

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Man it’s crazy how much better the Beastcast is at covering political issues than the Bombcast

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Man it’s crazy how much better the Beastcast is at covering political issues than the Bombcast

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    man crazy, much better the Beast Bomb

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Man is much better beast than bomb

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    my debut ep

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bomb wit da Bomb da bang da bang Beasty Beasty

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I'm at a Last Podcast on the Left live show in Santa Ana and it's packed in here, totally sold out.

I ordered a PBR tallboy and I could hear the dude behind me whisper "fuck yeah before he ordered one of his own.

• Options
    The last thing I want to do is be around a bunch of big LPOTL fans

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The last thing I want to do is be around a bunch of big LPOTL fans

I was a bit worried about this, but these people seem mostly chill.

Mostly.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    whats the deal with the lpotl community

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

All I know is that their official Facebook page was taken down because it got taken over by a bunch of edgelords and assboles. Same thing happened to one of the major unofficial pages that sprung up after that.

• Options

I have no firsthand knowledge but I can easily extrapolate too many of their fans being loud toxic assholes

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Which is disheartening because the guys themselves have improved a lot since their earlier stuff

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Their live show is even more tongue in cheek than their podcast.

Also they immediately shut down anyone that got too rowdy or shitty.

jgeis on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    why wouldn't they show ads you are more likely to click

because the sponsor paid them to show the ad to everybody

targeted ads are definitely a thing but they get mixed in with more like. "universal" ads

Yeah and especially with Youtube and shit there are channels that are just looking for maximum exposure and willing to pay for the privilege

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just had a dream where Ben Pack was hosting the Rachel Maddow show while she was out sick.

Brains are weird.

• Options
    I heard the Law & Order noise in my head when i looked at my phone and saw the Blank Check on Hulk has been released

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    It's the last episode of Aliens With Battleborgs before it just gets really uncomfortable for a while!
    "the podcast that's about aliens and also sometimes battleborgs!"
    "I've been on every episode of this, I don't know what the format is." "It's a fun surprise."
    "Sometimes I do news, but I actually looked, and, wouldn't you know it there was no news this week. Absolutely nothing happened in the past week."
    "It's such a coincidence that like, you really wanted to stop doing a news segment, and magically all the news in the world stopped happening."
    "They say no news is good news, right? Am I right?" "Yeah, exactly." "Yeah." "Exactly." "That phrase was specifically invented for podcast intros."
    "Zack, I appreciate the optimism you have in assuming I can be defeated."
    "If you're trying to say something is not cool you can't describe them as basically dinosaurs, Lexi."
    "Eric, can you please play the Talking About Talking About The Episode theme? Thank you."
    "Cassie, as someone who is 60 feet tall,"
    "Bulk's uncle, or the Bunkle"
    "tit anus" finally someone said it
    "And also, who the fuck are you to pass judgement on how hydrating works?"
    "Somebody needs to arrest Zordon immediately." "But where would you put the handcuffs?"
    "I think we defeated Lexi. I think we did that thing that Lexi said we could not."
    "Police Bulk is the SkullGreymon of Bulk."
    "According to Rito, sword fire can melt steel beams."
    "Any time you use the phrase 'learn a lesson' in the context of this show, there's an implicit question mark behind it, I think that's what question marks are for."
    "We're about to have a four episode marathon of racial insensitivity."
    "I'm looking forward to not being here."
    "I know what you're saying, I don't have children. That's right, you currently don't, cause we have them. You better get them back."

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    iiiiiiiiiiiiii'm eric banaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    It's the last episode of Aliens With Battleborgs before it just gets really uncomfortable for a while!
    "I've been on every episode of this, I don't know what the format is." "It's a fun surprise."
    "Sometimes I do news, but I actually looked, and, wouldn't you know it there was no news this week. Absolutely nothing happened in the past week."
    "It's such a coincidence that like, you really wanted to stop doing a news segment, and magically all the news in the world stopped happening."
    "They say no news is good news, right? Am I right?" "Yeah, exactly." "Yeah." "Exactly." "That phrase was specifically invented for podcast intros."
    "If you're trying to say something is not cool you can't describe them as basically dinosaurs, Lexi."
    "Eric, can you please play the Talking About Talking About The Episode theme? Thank you."
    "Somebody needs to arrest Zordon immediately." "But where would you put the handcuffs?"
    "I think we defeated Lexi. I think we did that thing that Lexi said we could not."
    "Any time you use the phrase 'learn a lesson' in the context of this show, there's an implicit question mark behind it, I think that's what question marks are for."
    "I know what you're saying, I don't have children. That's right, you currently don't, cause we have them. You better get them back."

I rarely laugh very much when I relisten to the episode before it comes out, but @ThatDudeOverThere threatening to kidnap our listener's children made me lose it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

I rarely laugh very much when I relisten to the episode before it comes out, but ThatDudeOverThere threatening to kidnap our listener's children made me lose it

it was a weird, spur-of-the-moment thing and I'm so glad it landed

• Options

I rarely laugh very much when I relisten to the episode before it comes out, but ThatDudeOverThere threatening to kidnap our listener's children made me lose it

it was a weird, spur-of-the-moment thing and I'm so glad it landed

I like how given the way you phrased it, it kind of sounds like we kidnapped them through time

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I felt like that was a really good Mike episode overall.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Isn't Windjammers basically Pong

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Isn't Windjammers basically Pong
    Only very vaguely

There are two players and they are trying to knock a disc into the other player's goal

That's about where the similarity ends

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah, there are special shots, a dash mechanic, and the goal system varys based on the stage

I played it at PAX South and was kind of shocked at how much fun it is

• Options
    Windjammers is the perfect multiplayer game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I have only played Windjammers in arcades twice but both sessions I ended up with mild sprains in my hands due to the intensity that game demands

• Options
    I felt like that was a really good Mike episode overall.

(the secret is they all are. He's the anchor of the show)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    oh my god, David & Griffin are totally right about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is James Gunn figuring out how to do the things that Ang Lee did in Hulk and make it palatable for a mass market audience

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I mean, Windjammers is basically pong. Just with different shot mechanics and movement mechanics and scoring mechanics layered on top. It is ultimately an accurate, if reductive statement.

Windjammers is pong in the same sense that like, any turnbased game is chess. It's not like, wrong, it's just going to miss a lot of what makes the game, the game.

Anyway, if there is any old arcade game they should bring back it's Virtual On anyway.

(I personally think that Windjammers is fun enough as a party game but personally it wears thin for me really fast.)

• Options
    I think there's a point of reductiveness in a casual conversation where I'm comfortable just saying it's wrong. Unless you're specifically discussing game theory or construction, all those other mechanics are a significant part of the discussion.

It's like saying that if someone said in casual conversation that humans and pigs are basically the same thing. Sure if you reduce it to the level of class we're both mammals but in 95% of discussions, stuff beyond that level matters.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.