As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    the thread title seems pretty factually inaccurate at this point

i n e v i t a b l e

innnnneeeevvvvvitttttaaaabbbbllleeeee

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    That was amazing. I am so happy.

Let's end this in game 5 and have the last chant ever in Oracle Arena be "We the North"

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don't know, they're looking pretty evitable to me

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It's certainly easier to win 1 than it is to win 3 in a row.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    burbo wrote: »

Let's end this in game 5 and have the last chant ever in Oracle Arena be "We the North"

It was pretty cool hearing the chant, i was surprised how loud it was.

We invaded that arena :P

Dixon on
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

As a lifelong Indians fan I have to disagree. I certainly don't wish this pain on others, but I get rationally twitchy at the prospects of a team winning when they are up 3-1 in any sport.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    The Oracle Arena is an indoor arena located in Oakland, California, United States, and is the home of the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The arena is currently owned by Kawhi Leonard and the Toronto Raptors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_Arena

Xehalus on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Any team with Durant as the centerpiece isn't winning the championship.
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Also if you break your jaw you shouldn't go out and play a sport, it's very stupid to do that. The post playoffs injury report from NHL teams is kinda horrifying! They shouldn't do that, it's stupid!

It's fine by me, I can't stand the Warriors or Durant. The point I was trying to make is it doesn't seem (from every clip I've seen of him since he was injured) that he gives a shit about the playoffs. It also makes the cupcake label fit him even better.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    🙄

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

I know, I can’t think of any teams that have blown a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    the hockey players are tougher than basketball players is one of the most toxic and bullshit memes.

please like my sport nonsense.

also the idea that Durant doesn't care doesn't play, even for a second.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I think KD would be crazy to rush back to win 3 more. If that makes me soft, so be it.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I think KD would be crazy to rush back to win 3 more. If that makes me soft, so be it.

if kd comes back and they win 3 straight it's one of the more impressive stories legacy wise, could see him taking the shot

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

I get being happy your team won, but I know a lot of diehard Warriors fans who were priced out of these games who stuck with this team through its worst years. They never got the chance to say goodbye to the place, and in their stead are a bunch of fair weather bandwagon fans who paid a bunch of money that the rest of us can't afford only to walk away before the game was even over.

I think it sucks for them a lot to hear a bunch of transplants and wealthy outsiders swoop in on what may very well be the last game ever played in Oracle Arena and hear chants for another team because all of the so-called Warriors fans who could afford the tickets couldn't be assed to stick around.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    At this point Golden State should try a game with Bogut, Cousins and Looney making a wall and having Curry shoot over the top of it.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    At this point Golden State should try a game with Bogut, Cousins and Looney making a wall and having Curry shoot over the top of it.

Send this idea to Vivek Ranadive

• Options
    edited June 2019

I get being happy your team won, but I know a lot of diehard Warriors fans who were priced out of these games who stuck with this team through its worst years. They never got the chance to say goodbye to the place, and in their stead are a bunch of fair weather bandwagon fans who paid a bunch of money that the rest of us can't afford only to walk away before the game was even over.

I think it sucks for them a lot to hear a bunch of transplants and wealthy outsiders swoop in on what may very well be the last game ever played in Oracle Arena and hear chants for another team because all of the so-called Warriors fans who could afford the tickets couldn't be assed to stick around.

You're right, of course. It sucks that the reputation of warriors fans has had a giant dump taken on it by rich san francisco assholes.

That being said, I'm not using a lot of nut energy being sad for warriors fans. Basketball has been a little better than ok for them recently.

Also, the warriors herbs do a ton of this kind of thing themselves. Look no farther than the blazer series where the two games at Moda were stuffed with obnoxious warriors fans. The downtown was also full of rowdy warriors drunks looking for trouble as well. I dont feel bad about them getting a taste of this shit from Canada of all places.

burbo on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    the worst part of this series is all the games start at 9pm and I gotta be up at 430 and the only one so far I've missed was curry's beautiful 47 points for nothing so ive deffo gotta peep it still

but all im saying is damn im committed to a few days of less sleep till this is resolved!!!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Yeah the 9pm nonsense is brutal.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Another reason to despise the west coast. Worst timezone ever

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

no need to spout hatred because our continent is FUCKING MASSIVE

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

West coast sports times are the best. Hell yeah I want games to end by 830 or 9. Whenever I travel to the east coast I always end up missing like half the night game because that shit runs until like midnight.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2019
    NBA 2K19 is on sale for $2.99 digital

I know for sure on PS4. Might be everywhere

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I get to watch finals games and then still play in my weekly pickup afterwards. Pacific timezone is the best.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Let's goooooooo raptors! Championship day! You da (slightly less) north!

burbo on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if the raptors win it all today I'll take solace in the fact that at least they're not the lakers

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Lets get Jeremy Lin that ring baybee

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Fun fact: Fred VanVleet is now the all-time high scorer by a Wichita State alumnus in the NBA finals.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    Fun fact: Fred VanVleet is now the all-time high scorer by a Wichita State alumnus in the NBA finals.

Who is the competition?

• Options
    ESPN is reporting that Durant took part in the shoot-around and is expected to play.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    ESPN is reporting that Durant took part in the shoot-around and is expected to play.

I hope he’s good enough to go and that he doesn’t hurt himself all over again.

I also hope that it doesn’t make a difference and Toronto wins tonight anyway.

• Options
    I have a feeling he is not healthy but couldn't handle all of the talk about him not being injured so he's going to play.

• Options
    I expect them to attack Durant in the pick and roll just like they did Boogie.

• Options
    WuShock wrote: »

Who is the competition?

Cliff Levingston was on at least one of the Bulls teams that went to the Finals, and Dave Stallworth was on the Knicks team that won the title in 1970.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Oh, and Antoine Carr was on the Jazz team that made the finals in '98.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    @WuShock

Being A Sonics fan means Xavier McDaniel will always have my heart.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.