As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Early Access is live. Please mark spoilers. God speed, Freelancers.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    So for those who are playing is everyone just a storm? Like nothing but wall to wall cape boys?

I think the heart of what you're asking is: Are Storm's still kind of OP. Yes. Yes they are. I've nicknamed the ultimate "The Fight Ender". We joked earlier that if you want to learn anything from a boss or elite encounter, like attack patterns, don't have me use my ult.

Well its more I want to play a storm, but I also want to be a unique snow flake who is loved and worshipped by all for my uniqueness.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So for those who are playing is everyone just a storm? Like nothing but wall to wall cape boys?

Interceptor, fully action figured out

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

I think the heart of what you're asking is: Are Storm's still kind of OP. Yes. Yes they are. I've nicknamed the ultimate "The Fight Ender". We joked earlier that if you want to learn anything from a boss or elite encounter, like attack patterns, don't have me use my ult.

Well its more I want to play a storm, but I also want to be a unique snow flake who is loved and worshipped by all for my uniqueness.

No matter your class

Just knowing you are piloting it will make it unique

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

No matter your class

Just knowing you are piloting it will make it unique

You always know what to say Obi.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    In the couple of missions I've done storms and colossus seem about even. Only seen one of the ranger and interceptor though.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    In the couple of missions I've done storms and colossus seem about even. Only seen one of the ranger and interceptor though.

I expect we will see more Rangers once people figure out they're #1 at taking down shielded enemies.

Interceptor? I'm not really sure though

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

I've been running into a mix of everything

Only had 3 of one class once, and that was me and two other Interceptors

Yet to see 4 of the same class, but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    MMMig wrote: »
    For those of you with the Legion of Dawn stuff:
    you have to unlock them from the "store" with the market dude who teaches you how to craft.

You can actually unlock them directly through the menu without even
    doing the Prospero stuff....

The_Infidel on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Quick question: I am using my PS4 controller and getting Xbox button prompts. Is there a choice in the options to change that to PS4 buttons?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I'll never say it out loud but in my brain, every time I sprint with the Colossus my inner voice immediatley goes "FOR THE KROGAN!"

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Well installing now, mayoshoes on Origin.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Why in the world didn't they put this out as the Demo? I mean it's like night and day better. Inventory, controls, everything. Push back the launch by a month if you have to.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Colossus will still be my first pick but if
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Why in the world didn't they put this out as the Demo? I mean it's like night and day better. Inventory, controls, everything. Push back the launch by a month if you have to.

Because the demo was an old build and not the finished product.

And usually demos have to be premade.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    also consoles

edit: to explain more, the approval process for releasing things on consoles is long

edit2: to explain a little bit more, they can only get the code they submitted approved (or something like that), so they couldn't just get approval and release a demo with a new build, they had to stick with the initially proposed demo code when they did the demo

asofyeun on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Certification, from what we're told.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm actually kinda glad it's the night-and-day improvements that they promised, we've come across too many cases where they gasbag "it'll be super different at launch, you'll see" and the game is barely improved

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Interceptor, fully action figured out

Everyone seems to have this grey or brown or solid colored javelin running around.

Not this guy.

f3uanaf8yya4.jpg

• Options
    Yeah I intend on making my guy to be colorful, not exactly a seattle seahawk like Jungle there, but you know something other than a gears of war stand in.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    During the demo my Javeline was designed like the Autism Awareness jigsaw puzzle
    It was the dope.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I played a good 4 hours in today. Sad that now I can't connect to the servers. 😭 Why must you tease me Bioware?

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Played since the servers stabilized this morning. Some breaks for food and AFK's by squad mates but I'm level 8, just unlocked my second javelin.

So far this game is absolutely living up to what I wanted from it. Some of the attention to detail and QoL stuff that didn't really get a show off in the demo is really nice. You can tell BioWare really spent what time they had left to polish everything up. If they can keep the content train rolling and keep up with the pace of a live game, I think BioWare has something here. All I want to do is play more at this point.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Yeah I intend on making my guy to be colorful, not exactly a seattle seahawk like Jungle there, but you know something other than a gears of war stand in.

I almost went Iron Patriot on this thing with bare metal and red/blue, but I went with this instead. I can only imagine the garishness of my paint work will continue to sear retinas in the foreseeable future.

• Options

I almost went Iron Patriot on this thing with bare metal and red/blue, but I went with this instead. I can only imagine the garishness of my paint work will continue to sear retinas in the foreseeable future.

Doing gods work jungle.

"Seriously bro do I really have to tell you where I am? Like lets be serious right now very serious, you can't possibly miss me."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I mean you've got the ability to customize the hell out of this suit of armor and most people go with "unfinished car."

I don't get it.

• Options
    I mean you've got the ability to customize the hell out of this suit of armor and most people go with "unfinished car."

I don't get it.

It's something my friend used to complain about with GTA 5. You have all these wacky outfits you can put yourself in. And the majority of people just put on a suit, maybe a hat, and go with it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    It's such a relief hearing people are enjoying this game and that many of the issues from the demo have been addressed. I'm looking forward to having another Bioware game in my life.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Augh the flickering

I don't know if this is an SLI thing or what

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I went with my traditional deep purple and dark gray scheme on my Storm.
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    It's such a relief hearing people are enjoying this game and that many of the issues from the demo have been addressed. I'm looking forward to having another Bioware game in my life.

Playing the release game, I feel even more strongly that the demo was a mistake. I don't think the demo was a disaster, but when you play the release game, you realize how much they polished what was a solid foundation in to something worth recommending.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I didn't have this flickering during the demo at all but everything is just rapidly flashing.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I've got about 2 hours in. Feels so much better than the demos. I've had 1 or 2 mobs disappear on me but that's really all the bugs I've seen so far. Storm feels way squishier but it also feels easier to freeze/combo the big dudes with Colossus shields. Wish I had unlocked Ranger or Chonky first

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Ok important put this game on an SSD! cuts down load times from several minuts to mer seconds. And you won't have problems with mob/scenery not loading in propperly.

And for the color discussion, it's a bit sad you can't see a lot of the details until you zoom in. Like I run the pattern matterial thingy, so it's red with dark lines all over and close up it looks magicly and running around it looks dark red =D

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    So apperantly you can't just buy an 8th generation Intel and slap it in 7 year old tech. Thank goodness for Prime Now.

This is pretty much how everyone learns about CPU sockets and their importance, heh.

It is actually comical how outdated my setup is. Updated the MB, CPU and RAM and my measly 1060 is pulling in 60FPS with High and Ultra settings. Like night and day. . .this game already looked amazing but holy cow.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Okay could someone give me an extremely brief rundown on why I can't play the game even though I have Access Premier? The popup saying I can't play it says I can play on the 22nd, but a popup in the launcher told me I could play, but it won't let me after a software restart and a hardware reboot.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh, Ben confirmed what the Luck stat is.

Chance to drop higher rarities.

brb, stacking Luck

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Okay could someone give me an extremely brief rundown on why I can't play the game even though I have Access Premier? The popup saying I can't play it says I can play on the 22nd, but a popup in the launcher told me I could play, but it won't let me after a software restart and a hardware reboot.

You have to activate the trial thingy, you should get a prompt telling you you can play. Check the game in the store, or restart origin and see if you get the prompt.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I had to click the upgrade button instead of the update button, even though they both did...nothing. That's fascinating. Thanks!

• Options
    For people having sound issues they are aware of it, have a patch that goes online at launch but its a hard bug to track down and resolve.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Party Van: See that shielded guy hovering in the sky?

You can knock him down by flying at him with your shield.

Drive yourself closer.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Oh, Ben confirmed what the Luck stat is.

Chance to drop higher rarities.

brb, stacking Luck

I figured that's what it was, and I'm not particularly happy that's a stat in the game :/

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I didn't have this flickering during the demo at all but everything is just rapidly flashing.

Try taking one of your cards out to see if it's SLI. Also you could try messing with v-sync, refresh settings, and going back to an older driver.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
This discussion has been closed.