As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone is playing [Hollow Knight]

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited July 2018 in Social Entropy++
Hollow Knight just came out on Switch last month and it seems like more people than ever are playing it, myself included

https://youtu.be/WXG4-UalrOE
They’re still making new stuff for it, even?

Talk about bug fightin’

6F32U1X.png
Mr. G on

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I bought this even though it's a conflux of things I don't like in games
    But it's cute! And I don't learn from mistakes. So I'm giving it a try
    I don't think I'm very good at it so far

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hollow Knight tips:

don't be afraid to look up a guide/ask questions if you find yourself getting stuck/frustrated
    using your map and map markers can help a lot, and the wayward compas charm is quite useful until you know the lay of the land better
    the game is pretty big and there will be some areas you can't get to right away
    fuck deepnest

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Zote

The

Mighty

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Zote

The

Mighty
    I should go back and do the rest of his fights. I beat a few but got to the one that does 2 damage per hit and decided nah. But I love how every time you beat him Bretta gets more frustrated with him. Wanna see that to the end.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    yo fuck the Lord of Souls for real though

• Options
    I have lost a lot of money for undisclosed reasons and I am going to murder who is responsible

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    It is absolute ridiculous how much content is in this game. Can't wait for the Gods and Glory expansion.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    It is absolute ridiculous how much content is in this game. Can't wait for the Gods and Glory expansion.

Sounds like it's coming out August 23rd for Switch & PC.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I bought this even though it's a conflux of things I don't like in games
    But it's cute! And I don't learn from mistakes. So I'm giving it a try
    I don't think I'm very good at it so far

Don't throw your switch off a bridge

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    fuck deepnest

a million times this

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Zote

The

Mighty
    I should go back and do the rest of his fights. I beat a few but got to the one that does 2 damage per hit and decided nah. But I love how every time you beat him Bretta gets more frustrated with him. Wanna see that to the end.
    cheese it with quicknail + fragile/unbreakable strength

truth be told, every dream boss except nightmare grimm can be whooped this way. including final boss, with some RNG luck in the second phase.

• Options
    why is everything in the royal waterway so grosssssssss

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'd kill for more checkpoints (or save points or travel points or whatever), but my god this game is beautiful and my god am I bad at it

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Also I really like this game, and should play more

maybe while the kids are going to bed tonight...

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I should probably just double dip on Switch at this point, I was in the last quarter or so on PC before falling off and feel like I'd have to start over once the DLC is out next month anyway.

• Options
    Question on the City of Tears
    what do I need/where do I go to do whatever it takes to get past the locked gate by the Hollow Knight statue?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    what do I need/where do I go to do whatever it takes to get past the locked gate by the Hollow Knight statue?

If I recall correctly, I think you go on the upper platforms that are by the western elevator, going over the statue. Then you can drop down into a new area that will let you open the gate from the other side.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

If I recall correctly, I think you go on the upper platforms that are by the western elevator, going over the statue. Then you can drop down into a new area that will let you open the gate from the other side.
    I got there via the tram from deepnest to the ancient basin, then up.

I think you need the double jump to go up from that elevator in the middle.

• Options
    biggest helpful hints I can think of for new players

-fully explore the first area, as much as you possibly can, there are several vendors that become available from there.
    -when you get the chance to buy a lantern, DO IT. it will unlock several areas and prevent you from getting stuck anywhere without having a cone of light at the very least

• Options
    Decided to finally finish the Grey Mourner's quest today. Honestly wasn't that bad once I cleared out all the enemies on the path before starting it up.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I finished the True Ending last night and it was absolutely amazing. I can't remember the last time I've loved a game so much

Very excited for that August content update

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I kinda love how out of order you can do everything in this game

I’ve done a LOT and I still don’t even know what a Deepnest is

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Deepnest is a bad place so that's probably for the best.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I bought this not long after it came out last year and I think it might be one of my all time favorite games
    Fuck the White Palace to hell and back though

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    White Palace
    I'm a very concerned by the implication of the Path of Pain only giving me half of a lore entry. I'm worried this means Gods and Glory will give us a third even more difficult platforming hell.

It might be worth it if it lets us kick the King's ass though.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    This game is All Time

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    My personal version of “My favorite Zelda game is Darksiders” is “my favorite Souls game is Hollow Knight”

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    so either I haven't seen the real shit or I've just upgraded enough to make it manageable cause...Deepnest don't seem that bad

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    so either I haven't seen the real shit or I've just upgraded enough to make it manageable cause...Deepnest don't seem that bad

It isn’t all that bad
    but it is very possible to accidentally fall down a big hole into the middle of deepnest pretty early on, possibly even without a lantern!

Luckily I was a little farther when I fell, had the lantern and some nail upgrades. But woof it was like midnight and the house was very dark and quiet and the sound of crawling coming from every direction really set me on edge.

• Options
    ACTUALLY DEEPNEST IS BAD, DEEPNEST IS VERY BAD

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I hate and love Deepnest, it's so creepy(the design is perfect for it) and just makes your skin crawly. You want to leave ASAP but you need all the stuff there so I made sure to get everything so I didn't have to fucking go back

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I had terrible routing in my playthrough for reasons so I wound up going back to deepnest like four times, it sucked

• Options
    Went back and finally got the Grey Mourner quest done, didn't mess it up this time so a 2 for 1 achievement completion(the quest and all mask shards)

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    Went back and finally got the Grey Mourner quest done, didn't mess it up this time so a 2 for 1 achievement completion(the quest and all mask shards)

I accidentally started that quest yesterday and haven't even found the area I'm to go to yet!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

I accidentally started that quest yesterday and haven't even found the area I'm to go to yet!

Just keep carrying the flower around and just make to never take damage!

• Options
    Well, just lost 9000 geo, so now I’m never playing this again in my entire life, a baby game for babies

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Well, just lost 9000 geo, so now I’m never playing this again in my entire life, a baby game for babies

If you do ever have a high risk corpse that has a bunch of money on it, you can talk to the confessor outside of the starting town, they can help you get it back.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    so how does one actually access the DLC content? Just find it out in the world?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I got this and beat it when it first came out and couldn't remember which part Deepnest was

I thought it was a part that's a HELL of a lot later in the game (like straight up end game shit) and was thinking "it wasn't THAT bad y'all"

Then I looked it up and oh right yeah that's Deepnest fuck Deepnest the sheer joy I had when I got out of there the first time was fantastical

• Options
    so how does one actually access the DLC content? Just find it out in the world?

Pretty much.
    The Grimm Troupe starts in the Howling Path area. Look for a breakable wall.