As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GRAW vs GRAW 2 vs R6: Las Vegas

InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I come to you now, G&Ters, with a question.

Of GRAW, GRAW2, and R6: Las Vegas which has the best same console co-op action?

Me and my friend have already played through Gears of War multiple times, and are looking for something else to sink our co-operative teeth into. The main sell point needs to be the co-op play but having good multiplayer/single player wouldn't hurt either.

I hear GRAW2 is too easy, R6: Las Vegas is too repetitive and you don't see the story sequences during co-op play. Feel free to also use this thread for general discussion of any of these games, as I dont see any threads up on that at the moment.

Inquisitor on

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Vegas.

Because it actually keeps the game mechanics from single player.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    GRAW and GRAW 2 dont? What mechanics do you lose? I remember hearing something about losing the cover system and the ability to like, slide into a crouch while running. If that's true that's pretty bogus.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    GRAW and GRAW 2 dont? What mechanics do you lose? I remember hearing something about losing the cover system and the ability to like, slide into a crouch while running. If that's true that's pretty bogus.

That's most certainly true and it most certainly sucks.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    GRAW is still my favorite 360 game, though I haven't played GRAW 2 or R6 yet. If you can find it for sale anywhere, definitely pick it up, it's very fun.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Cantido wrote: »

Not to mention you're stuck in first person.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    SavedSaved Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait, did GRAW for PC have a cover system?

Saved on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    WHY wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

Not to mention you're stuck in first person.

Yeah! I remember that now when I rented GRAW. Pissed me off.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    theSAVED wrote: »
    No, but it was apparently a very different game, more like the old GR games.

Granted, not enough for the "console port lol" stigma to go away.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    AegiesAegies Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Vegas has the most co-op content of the three, easily. There's the full story campaign mode, and terrorist hunt, which adds up to quite a bit of time killed.

Aegies on
    eat. sleep. game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Vegas for the win. Blasting a terrorist with blind fire from behind a beam has never been so fun.

GimpyBoy on
    GimpyBoy.gif
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Vegas FTW.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    not for lack of trying, but I have yet to beat any of the maps in coop terrorist hunt save LVU campus and the Dam, I think.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    WHY wrote: »
    theSAVED wrote: »
    No, but it was apparently a very different game, more like the old GR games.

Granted, not enough for the "console port lol" stigma to go away.

if by "old games" you mean ghost recon 1 and 2 for xbox then sure. but Ghost Recon 1 PC is absolutely nothing like the rest which is why the "consoles lol" thing is true.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png