As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trump Admin Immigration Policy Thread - DACA, ICE, Kids In Cages, etc

1939495969799»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Congresspeople who could speak Spanish getting in to these facilities was key.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Naturally the CNN headline is the discussion of the screaming.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Having Congresspeople who can speak spanish is also probably important here.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Anyone know if there's a provision in the sexual offender's list that applies to non-sexual abuse towards children?

Cause each and every one of these ICE fuckers should need to be on a register and be forced to tell their neighbors that they're child abusers.

Had enough of this shit.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    It turns out when you treat a humanitarian issue as a law enforcement issue it doesn't work. Fuck border patrol and ICE. Burn the department to the ground and prosecute.

• Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    It turns out when you treat a humanitarian issue as a law enforcement issue it doesn't work. Fuck border patrol and ICE. Burn the department to the ground and prosecute.

The problem is, there's just not enough political will to do that.

Even best case scenario in 2020 elections, in both House and Senate, I don't think you get majority support for prosecution. For reforms, maybe, but I doubt it.

And I think making it a part of the platform of the nominee will cost votes rather than generate them.

This is who we are now. This is what the majority of our countries want, or are completely indifferent to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm furious about how this is being handled. But people as a group don't care (or are cheering it on).

This is who we are now.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Public support for immigration is about as high as it's ever been.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing everyone support for him is much higher than it actually is.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Public support for immigration is about as high as it's ever been.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing everyone support for him is much higher than it actually is.

Support might be high, but like gun control measures, it's not a high priority. That's the problem. Unless it converts into a change in voting pattern, it's meaningless.

If people are still going to vote Republican/Tory/Liberal*, because of other issues they prioritize more, then it doesn't matter. Anyone who had protecting children held in custody as a high priority is already voting leftist.

* Australia's sarcastically named conservative party.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    OK, folks, we're approaching the end of the thread, but since it seems the well of awful, hateful bullshit the US government is committing has yet to run dry we'll need a new one shortly.

Someone make a new thread, please, and I'll lock this one. Make some effort with the OP. Topicality will be enforced in the thread, so mention that in the OP.

Before posting your new thread, please check and make sure no one has posted one while you've been drafting yours.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    @ Bogart and Mod Crew, !remindme to buy you a beer next time you're in the Philly burbs. <3 Keep up the great moderation, team.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I did the thing. The thread thing I mean.

This discussion has been closed.