As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(Confirmed!) Bomberman Live on XBLA, this summer.

TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/05/10/old-school-bomberman-coming-to-xbla/
Again, we get a game announcement coming from a ratings board certification website. Well, not an "official" announcement, but an announcement that gets our speculative gears turning. Over on Australia's media certification website (the OFLC), they have a listing for Bomberman Live on the Xbox 360 being developed by ... Hudson Entertainment.

This is great news. Saturn Bomberman was rumored to be coming to XBLA way back when, but nothing came of it until now. Hopefully Hudson has fired the programming staff that made Act Zero and will give us back such wonders as...single-console multiplayer. Throw in decent online play and I am all up ins, even though I royally suck at Bomberman.

Edit: Now confirmed:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/05/12/bomberman-live-coming-to-xbla-this-summer/

TuxedoHawk.png
TxdoHawk on

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Awesome, this means Bomberman will be playable on the 360!

LewieP on
  • Options
    thunderclumpthunderclump Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

I see what you did here.

thunderclump on
    421629-1.png
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

:^:

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I actually hear Act Zero's online multiplayer is just as good as any other typical Bomberman, but nobody is ever on apparently. A couple of friends of mine had thought about picking up bargain bin copies for something random to play online, but now that this has come up, we don't have to do that! Woo!

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    OmegaVelocityOmegaVelocity Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Clever, LewieP, clever.

I am looking forward to this, however! Bomberman truly is one of the best party games on the planet and the inclusion of Xbox Live support only serves to excite my pants further.

OmegaVelocity on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    All hudsonsoft needs to do is port over the sega saturn 10 man version. Get the net code working reasonably (hopefully with at least 6 players at once) And call it a day.

Seriously, Thats all they need to do.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    All hudsonsoft needs to do is port over the sega saturn 10 man version. Get the net code working reasonably (hopefully with at least 6 players at once) And call it a day.

Seriously, Thats all they need to do.

Interestingly enough they apparently want to do just that. This interview is oooooold, so it doesn't confirm that they wound up deciding to do Saturn Bomberman, but the odds seem good.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    I must obtain an X-Box soon.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    awesome, this'll be an instant download when I get a 360

LewieP on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If I didn't just spend my 800 points on the Crackdown DLC, I woulda saved it for this.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg