As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [GIF] Thread is home to all, but will always be (NSF56K)

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Dogodile.

StrikorShortycB557KruiteSkeithDonovan PuppyfuckerUnbrokenEvaAl_watBionicPenguinHeadCreepsOghulkDarth WaiterJoolanderHacksaw
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    The ultimate ambush predator. Truly, our days on this world are numbered.

Shorty
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    cB557YoutubeCrippl3SkeithDonovan PuppyfuckerKwoaruPsykomaBionicPenguinironsizideTonkkafightinfilipinoDarth Waiterwebguy20darunia106ShortyDuke 2.0honoveresarukunJoolandergodmode
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    SorceMr FuzzbuttcB557Crippl3bowenDedwrekkadurandal4532scherbchenBionicPenguinKanaTonkkaHeadCreepsIronKnuckle's GhostSkeithchromdomOghulkDarth Waiterwebguy20Rhesus Positivedarunia106ShortyEncDuke 2.0Slacker71HefflingTankHammerA Dabble Of TheloniussarukunJoolanderHacksawgodmode
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Dogodile!

edit: damnit, this is why you refresh before posting...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    see317
    Chill, dog:

ChicoBluecB557ASimPersonbowenDedwrekkaFleebTonkkaHeadCreepsHermanofightinfilipinoSkeithchromdomOghulkDarth WaiterMr Fuzzbuttwebguy20darunia106ShortyYoutubeMidniteDuke 2.0sarukunXaquinJoolanderHacksaw
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oldie but goodie.

darunia106Shorty
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

bowenTonkkafightinfilipinocB557JedocSkeithMvrckMysstDarth WaiterDedwrekkawebguy20KwoaruMrMonroedarunia106YoutubeSorceDuke 2.0The JudgeSlacker71honoveresarukun

KanascherbchenJavenBionicPenguinHeadCreepsUnbrokenEvafightinfilipinoAl_watBedlamironsizideSkeithchromdomMvrckOghulkDarth WaiterMr FuzzbuttDedwrekkawebguy20MrMonroedarunia106ShortyYoutubeToxMidniteDuke 2.0Slacker71HefflingTankHammerMareksarukunXaquinJoolanderHacksawgodmode
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD

That is the quintessential puppy gif. It is the one where all other puppy gifs are wrought

ironsizide
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

That is Rodrigo Koxa setting a record for the largest wave ever surfed. If I remember correctly that spot is in Portugal but I don't know the name.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    YoutubeSorceIloveslimesTonkkaLost SalientIronKnuckle's GhostSlacker71SeptusMarekTransporterHellerbooy
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My brain was having a really hard time figuring out the scale of that

JedocStiltsDrZiplockDedwrekkabowenwebguy20KwoaruStrikorRhesus Positivedarunia106scherbchenToxMidniteLost SalientIronKnuckle's GhostDuke 2.0MarekhonoveresarukunHacksaw
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

cB557PsykomachromdomDedwrekkaOghulkSiliconStewBionicPenguinwebguy20KwoaruHeadCreepsKanaYoutubeSkeithSorcefightinfilipinoTonkkaYaYaEncmildlymorbidMvrckSlacker71HefflingOsvikDarth WaiterhonoveresarukunJoolanderHacksawgodmode
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

BedlamFleebchromdomwebguy20Mr FuzzbuttStrikordarunia106YoutubeSkeithfightinfilipinoMidniteMvrckMareksarukun
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Same.

StrikorbowenfightinfilipinoMidnitesarukun
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    "welp, this is my life now"

vEaRQgH.png
    Hefflingsarukun
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    "Wait. No. Don't help me. I got this."

pHWHd2G.jpg
    scherbchenYoutubeDedwrekka
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    KanacB557HeadCreepsShortydarunia106klemmingHermanoSkeithUnbrokenEvaStiltsSorceIloveslimesironsizidefightinfilipinoPsykomaMidniteDedwrekkaTonkkaYaYaIronKnuckle's GhostDuke 2.0Rhesus PositiveSlacker71HefflingTankHammerDarth WaiterHellerbooysarukunJoolanderHacksawgodmode
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    d... dammit Bethesda?

StrikorUnbrokenEvaSorceMarek
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    That has a clenching moment in it when the angle of the camera makes it look like he's going to land on the pole.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    YoutubeBedlamDonovan PuppyfuckerJedocbowenSorceironsizidechromdomKanafightinfilipinoPsykomaOghulkDedwrekkawebguy20Virgil_Leads_YouAl_watDuke 2.0BionicPenguinpookaHeadCreepsMvrckA Dabble Of TheloniusSkwigelfBullheadsarukunJoolanderHacksawgodmode
    I still don't get how that got started as an event.
    Running, jumping, throwing things, fine.
    But did someone just say "hey, I'm gonna see how high I can launch myself with this springy pole"?

BionicPenguin
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    But did someone just say "hey, I'm gonna see how high I can launch myself with this springy pole"?

Long poles can be (and are) used for individuals to cross small rivers, large ditches, or marshy ground. At some point I they decided to try for height as a sport for whatever reason. Distance pole vaulting competitions do exist but I guess you need a handy ditch or something for it to work out and so it'd be real inconvenient for the olympics?

FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD

StrikorYoutubeSkeithMr Fuzzbuttscherbchenchromdomdarunia106KanafightinfilipinoOghulkMidniteDedwrekkaAistanTonkkaSLyMShortyDuke 2.0BionicPenguinHeadCreepsDarth WaitersarukunJoolanderHacksawgodmode
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Apologies, that wave is about 80ft.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Skeith wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

Apologies, that wave is about 80ft.

This made me curious, so did some googling to help us all. ( Trickier than it should have been for some reason too!)

But he basically just surfed this building (82 feet according to google)

Gables%20Bering.jpg?itok=UCgkgKCV

JedocStiltsDedwrekkaIronKnuckle's GhostBionicPenguinMareksarukun
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

JedocDedwrekkawebguy20TonkkaAl_watSorceIronKnuckle's GhostSkeithdarunia106Duke 2.0pookaHeadCreepsToxMvrckSlacker71TankHammerDarth WaitersarukunJoolandergodmode
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    We get it, you vape.

Bedlamwebguy20cB557Raw ConcreteSLyMKruiteStrikorIndie WinterAl_watSorceASimPersonBloodsheedShortymildlymorbidSkeithdarunia106Duke 2.0BionicPenguinToxMvrckSlacker71HefflingDarth WaitersarukunJoolanderHacksawgodmode
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    "After you"
    "No no, you first"

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »

Long poles can be (and are) used for individuals to cross small rivers, large ditches, or marshy ground. At some point I they decided to try for height as a sport for whatever reason. Distance pole vaulting competitions do exist but I guess you need a handy ditch or something for it to work out and so it'd be real inconvenient for the olympics?

Good old Fierljeppen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhTMEePk6D4

valhalla130
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

the "this is fake" disclaimer on the bottom sort of ruins it though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I didn't notice that, assumed it was staged, and thought it was funny anyway

TonkkaAthenorJedocchromdomDuke 2.0BionicPenguinDedwrekkaSlacker71fightinfilipinosarukunAbdhyiusJoolanderHacksaw

ASimPersonWiseManTobesTonkkaBedlamchromdomSkeithdarunia106BionicPenguinHeadCreepsToxdurandal4532HefflingAl_watTankHammerfightinfilipinoDarth Waitersarukunvalhalla130Hacksawgodmodemanwiththemachinegun
    Oh Lawd he comin!

SorceLost SalientscherbchenTallahasseerielironsizideSkeithdarunia106A Dabble Of Theloniussarukungodmode
    It's reversed:

SorceBahamutZEROcB557pookaDedwrekkaYoutubeAl_watfightinfilipino
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Is that an angled people mover without steps? Because.. that could feel really, REALLY weird.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    BahamutZERO
    I believe they're called something like an "inclinator"? You can take shopping carts up and down them, which you cannot with an escalator.

SorceYoutubehonoveregodmode
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I believe they're called something like an "inclinator"? You can take shopping carts up and down them, which you cannot with an escalator.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Roll for initiative:

AistanbowenBahamutZEROShortycB557chromdomminor incidentscherbchenSkeithTonkkadarunia106Duke 2.0GvzbgulBionicPenguinUnbrokenEvaIronKnuckle's Ghostani_game_bumMidniteDedwrekkadurandal4532YoutubeSlacker71HefflingAl_watfightinfilipinoDarth Waitersarukunvalhalla130XaquinJoolanderHacksawgodmode
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    good dog

BahamutZERO.gif
    Shortyminor incidentbowenscherbchenASimPersonBeef Avengerdarunia106Crippl3Duke 2.0LuvTheMonkeyUnbrokenEvaIronKnuckle's Ghostani_game_bumRhesus PositiveMidniteDedwrekkaMvrckYoutubeSlacker71TankHammerfightinfilipinosarukunXaquinJoolanderHacksawgodmode
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Looks like the new Pacific Rim has some budget cuts:

JedocchromdomcB557MichaelLCSkeithHeadCreepsShortyBahamutZEROOghulkTonkkawebguy20MidniteDedwrekkaMvrckYoutubeHefflingAl_watfightinfilipinoDarth WaiterTransporterSealsarukunvalhalla130XaquinJoolanderHacksawgodmodemanwiththemachinegun
This discussion has been closed.