As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX] South(land) in the Winter(time) 2019: It's over! Photo on p20

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Borked my way through some slow WiFi here to buy a three day.

Still not sure if I can go this year but at least I’ve got a pass. Will reserve a hotel later.

Don’t forget to stay funny, y’all.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I was only shown king suites on the pax site for the Springhill, they looked like what I was in last year which had two beds.

Also 3-day and Springhill room get.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dang you're right I think it is only the one bed rooms through PAX site

That said, there is a sofa bed at least

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    3-day badge get.

Holding off on booking a room until I find out of my friend can make it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »

Still not sure if I can go this year but at least I’ve got a pass. Will reserve a hotel later.

if anyone here hasn't been stayin funny i swear to god

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I have never once been funny

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Does funny-looking count?

• Options
    Does funny-looking count?

I think my looks fall more into tragedy, but it's a good try

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I was asking for myself a friend

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

i refuse to be funny

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

i refuse to be funny

let me save ya'll some time and say "we know" beforehand

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

i refuse to be funny

We kn........god dammit.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Dammit, the great hotel I've stayed at 3 out of 4 years is only $82/night on priceline, but even at that rate I'm not going to be able to book it until mid-September, and there's no chance that deal will still be around.

Two weeks before PAX West is basically the worst possible time I could be trying to do this.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Dammit, the great hotel I've stayed at 3 out of 4 years is only $82/night on priceline, but even at that rate I'm not going to be able to book it until mid-September, and there's no chance that deal will still be around.

Two weeks before PAX West is basically the worst possible time I could be trying to do this.

what's the big deal about booking it now? you don't get charged until you actually stay there, usually.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I just booked a room at the Fairfield, which is literally right next to the Springhill and $135 per night for a queen/queen room.

I'll be travelling solo, so if any of y'all (i.e. @The Hanged Man ) would like to split with me I'd be down.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

what's the big deal about booking it now? you don't get charged until you actually stay there, usually.

It's more than 20% cheaper through Priceline, but I thought they charge at time of purchase. Or maybe that's just because I usually bundle it with my flight.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I just booked a room at the Fairfield, which is literally right next to the Springhill and $135 per night for a queen/queen room.

I'll be travelling solo, so if any of y'all (i.e. @The Hanged Man ) would like to split with me I'd be down.

Hmm. Hmmmmm. That's tempting. Do you know if there's a couch too? I've been talking to @Doobh about working something out, and don't want to throw her to the wolves when something better for me comes up.

• Options

Hmm. Hmmmmm. That's tempting. Do you know if there's a couch too? I've been talking to @Doobh about working something out, and don't want to throw her to the wolves when something better for me comes up.

Just called them, and unfortunately there's no couch.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Gotta say, I don't like this hotel site as much as onpeak

• Options
    edited August 2018

Hmm. Hmmmmm. That's tempting. Do you know if there's a couch too? I've been talking to Doobh about working something out, and don't want to throw her to the wolves when something better for me comes up.

If I went with the Springhill through a different booking site, though, it'd be $507 total for 3 nights with two queens and a sofa, which would work out to $167 per person if you and Doobh joined me.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

Hmm. Hmmmmm. That's tempting. Do you know if there's a couch too? I've been talking to Doobh about working something out, and don't want to throw her to the wolves when something better for me comes up.

If I went with the Springhill through a different booking site, though, it'd be $507 total for 3 nights with two queens and a sofa, which would work out to $167 per person if you and Doobh joined me.

Just keep in mind this is the "no cancellation, charge up front" price

• Options
    Also, like, I was planning to check a bag anyway

I could bring along the air mattress my best friend has, which--from my experience sleeping on the Springhill couch--is roughly equivalent in comfort

Ironically, the Springhill couch I used last year when I roomed with Chincy and his friend was actually more comfortable in couch form than it was in pull-out bed form

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I think me and Goose are gonna end up trading off on the couch or something this year, since they only had King suites for the Springhill

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    FYI, Doobh won't be tossed to the wolves.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I can't afford it right now

Really crossing my fingers that they don't sell out fast

damn guess you better sign up for a panel huh.....

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Who even goes to PAX to sleep

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Kinda on the road with a spotty signal

Will do some phone stuff later and make sure I'm 100% on what's going on - didn't expect tickets to happen while I was out of state

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Flights and hotel booked, staying at the cool kids (?) hotel, Springhill, and completely covered by CC points!

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

i refuse to be funny

We kn........god dammit.

ABOQOj0.png

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Double checked budget and good to go, bought the three day badge. Looking to roomshare if anyone else is, or if that party house idea got off the ground.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

I can just picture 5-10 years from now, AJ in the last remaining Hooters in operation, still just people watching and bringing in random board games.

• Options
    why is a tweet from a year ago haunting me today

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    why is a tweet from a year ago haunting me today

Look, I’m just trying to catch up on my feed alright? It’s been a while.

Also, did y’all hear Tom Petty died?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    saying people dont wanna go to hooters because they "dont like boobs" is like saying someone who wont go to a mob doctor doesnt like being healthy

maybe there are some other issues

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Millenials are killing boobs!!!

• Options
    kill all millenials

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Put boobs on all millennials

Problem(s) solved

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have it on good authority that boobs cause earthquakes

• Options
    saying people dont wanna go to hooters because they "dont like boobs" is like saying someone who wont go to a mob doctor doesnt like being healthy

maybe there are some other issues

lookit mr "i'm too good to go to a mob doctor" over here

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Someone brought it up and went viral