Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

19495969798100»

Posts

  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I wonder if I can take Marlboro with 2 7* Barbs.... Hmm.

    Rumble of Malboro? Oh, yeah, easily. Two 6* Barbs can do it. I'm sure someone here can load up their Barb with Plant/Demon killer stuff.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah just let me know when and I can swap her over as leader.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    I wonder if I can take Marlboro with 2 7* Barbs.... Hmm.

    Rumble of Malboro? Oh, yeah, easily. Two 6* Barbs can do it. I'm sure someone here can load up their Barb with Plant/Demon killer stuff.

    I tried with 2 6* and couldn't get it unfortunately.

  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yeah just let me know when and I can swap her over as leader.

    Anytime would be great!

  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    urahonky wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yeah just let me know when and I can swap her over as leader.

    Anytime would be great!

    I put up a full status immune with 1546 Mag, her TMR (for the extra +1x modifier on Aeroja, Flurry, and Tornado), 100% M Demon Killer and 50% M Plant Killer. I don't have the fancy Plant Killer+ or the higher tier esper plant/demon killers. I can replace Discernment with more Mag if you have status effects covered with Mystea or whatever.

    [edit] Also, I'm not sure if that +1x modifier is worth a materia slot, to be honest. Don't know how the math works out. That extra 30% HP is nice, though. It sure would be nice to put a Plant Killer+ there. That's way better than a measly +1x.

    TeaSpoon on
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    IW is sapping all my willpower to play this game... I've used 50 pots so far along with natural regen and have yet to get anything I even want to keep on a weapon. I got 1 good roll with Sledgehammer right off the bat, but since then it's been mediocre city. I just ranked up and ran my bowie knife through for the 5th or 6th time and round 10 was 2x lvl1 HP regen and a lvl 2 SPR boost. It's crazy I can't seem to beat 10% HP, 7% HP, and 10% MP on this Bowie Knife. And my Holy Wand should be even easier, I'd take any combo of MP/HP/SPR but I'm still stuck with similar stats on it.

    It was sort of fun when it first came out and anything you got that was decent was good. 5% HP and 17% Atk on a katana, cool. But now trying to get past the mediocre stats is maddening. I may just give up on it and hope maybe there's some improvements down the road. I don't understand why they can't remove duplicate entries. Even more, they should remove 5% and below options from level's 9/10. The idea that I could take 1 single weapon through all week and never get anything other than 10% and below stats sucks.

    Agreed, my IW runs have been horrible. I don't expect more than one rare drop per IW week, but this time around I have gotten very few useful 10% hits and I don't think I've even seen a single 12 or 15%. So stupid.

    My best holy wand run has been 7/5/10 SPR. And that's same as you, any combo of HP/MP/SPR would be good.

    steam_sig.png
    Trajan45maraji
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yeah just let me know when and I can swap her over as leader.

    Anytime would be great!

    I put her up. Not nearly as much Mag as teaspoons, but I'm low on Cactuar's so she's only at 111. I also put in Plant Killer+ instead of her TMR. Should be 100 M Demon and 125% M Plant.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I think we are being punished for the high tide dagger bug on the first day.

    Tiphares on
    Trajan45maraji
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I missed that bug. I would really have liked another few high tide daggers...

    Shadowfiremaraji
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I think we are being punished for the high tide dagger bug on the first day.

    I'm wondering if they didn't break something else when fixing the bug. Just rant the dagger again and didn't get a single stat over 10%.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    maraji
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh my God finally got Marlboro. Figured I'd just try someones 7* Rinoa. Accidentally killed him with both of the lil ones at 4% health. Decided to keep going... Turn 28 I was able to get them at the same time lol.

    Trajan45TipharesCruormaraji
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Cleared the bonus stage but uh

    Hyohs completely butchered Erinyes by accident! So now I need more energy to go back in there.

    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    Cleared the bonus stage but uh

    Hyohs completely butchered Erinyes by accident! So now I need more energy to go back in there.

    How'd you build your party?

  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    CG Fina healing
    CG Lid breaking
    Wilhelm with 100% draw attacks
    Merc Ramza physical cover (18kHP 1k DEF)

    My Hyoh has 1900ish ATK and i think the friend unit I pulled did too. The other two fights were pretty easy but playing it safe to cover all missions. This time I'm just going to murder everything not named Erinyes

    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    Is a second tank necessary? I only have M. Ramza.

  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I think it helps a lot, the 100% draw covers a lot of stop/charm/mana drain that would otherwise go to your team.

    Do you have a Snow? He can be rigged for 100% draw if you have the gear as well.

    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Anyone making a new thread?

    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

    76561197990097905.png
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    I think it helps a lot, the 100% draw covers a lot of stop/charm/mana drain that would otherwise go to your team.

    Do you have a Snow? He can be rigged for 100% draw if you have the gear as well.

    I have an unleveled one. I have Cagnazzo.

  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Cleared the bonus stage but uh

    Hyohs completely butchered Erinyes by accident! So now I need more energy to go back in there.
    Did the exact same thing. Went back, got the moogle. Done now.

  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Cagnazzo could work, however his equipment selection sucks for getting passive draw attacks up to 100%. This is honestly only important for the 2nd boss as Erinyes has a preemptive turn with a single target Stop. A way around that would be if you have Ayaka and can guarantee she has the most MP in the party (that is how the targeting works for that move, not counting passive/active provoke).

    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    No Ayaka. I do have Rena though!

  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That could work then, though know that the targeting for that is only on that pre-emptive. Her 50% threshold targets it at highest ATK and highest MAG unit (yes twice). Assuming she lives to even do it, mind you. I also recommend bringing someone who can buff water resist, last boss uses AOE water attacks regularly.

    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    CG Fina has water resist. So does Tidus but that's all he'd be doing. Hmm.

  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    And ice bird is down. on to the next trial!

    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

    76561197990097905.png
    TipharesTrajan45
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Magus` wrote: »
    CG Fina has water resist. So does Tidus but that's all he'd be doing. Hmm.
    I just down the bonus stage. For the last boss, use AOE physical cover and keep reraise on them. Then, if you are using a magic tank, have them provoke to soak the water attacks. The water resist will help, but reraise on the physical tank is more important.

    My team: WoL (HP/DEF), A. Rain (100% elemental resist Lightning, Water, Light & Dark), Ayaka (High MP, Stop Detach), PS Rydia (Earth/Lightning damage & evoke gauge), Hyoh & friend Hyoh.

    edit: New FFBE updates video with Halloween units & event. MK that uses old Halloween units as bonus. New Basch style tank that can damage using SPR - Lilith looks pretty awesome. Demon physical attacker Lucius looks awesome too and they chain together! Also, 7* hype for the older Halloween units!

    edit edit: VP raid collab at the end of the month! What!?!? Gonna be an expensive month.

    Tiphares on
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Update video up. Halloween MK event. Old halloween units will be bonus units. Two new 5*, Lilith and Lucius. Lilith is a magic and physical tank, focused more on magic, who can chain with SPR scaling damage. Lucius is an ATK chainer who can self imbue dark or fire element. Both units also have multihit counter abilities that can chain if they go off together.

    D. Rain, D. Lasswell and GLS getting 7* upgrades, but not as much info given. D. Rain to get DEF and SPR boost when DHing and an AoE physical cover. D. Lasswell is TDH with double ability (unlockable triple) and can chain with DR family. GLS is going to be "impressive" (quoting Dah Sol) at 7*, innate triple ability / cast when using her TM, and apparently some strong support ability as well.

    GLS, I.Nichol and the Four Fiends get ability enhancements soon, too. P. Jake, too, but no one uses them.

    Slightly disappointed that the new characters aren't costumed characters, but Lilith and Lucius do look pretty interesting. Very tempted to pull for Lilith as I like female tanks, but GLS is my focus at the moment.

    Edit: At the end they also announced that the Valkyrie Profile Lenneth collab will be soon.

    Zomro on
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    A little concerned for GLS, but at least I already have 2. Triple ability is cool and all but seems like that pushes her even more on an only chain with herself island. Hopefully she gets some new abilities or frame changes to work it out.

    New units look neat, double banners are always tough though. Nice if you want a tank still, and will have to see how Lucius turns out. Unless Lucius is pretty strong though I think 6* mag tanks or Basch whenever he gets 7 will get the job done, or M.Ramza. But I dunno, I like ffbe & holiday units.

    Aside from the 2h STMR, the VP units are fun but unless there are GL changes it doesn't seem like any of them had any staying power.

    ffbe ign: Kas
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The new units chain with Nyx and Yun, so that neat.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Aw so Randi gets pushed back then?

  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    They also mentioned that there will be a couple of step-up banners for the Halloween units. The two new units on one (5 steps for 20k) and I'm assuming all three of the older units on another step-up, which sounds awful to me unless they make it super discounted - 1 in 3 chance at the unit I want is not appealing. I am going to keep saving and see what the final word is on the new units and the older unit 7*'s. I'm happy that I have a full party of bonus units to work with. I'm assuming the new 7*s will be 200% and 7* D. Rain, D. Lasswell, and GL Sakura will all be 100% and P. Jake and I. Nichol will probably be 25% or something low.

    Also, since this is a MK event and they already announce the next UoC ticket is on the 19th. There is another 150k currency grind we'll be doing!

    Tiphares on
    Tiger Burning
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Honestly the mk grind is one of the easier grinds, even with the 150k ticket. At 40 stamina a pop it takes very little irl time, and 150k is easy to get within the first week even with average bonus units.

    Plus no raid gacha marathon at the end.

    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    CruorurahonkyShadowfire
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm kind of worried about the banner for the old Halloween units. I really, really want 7* GLS, but I have to pull around D. Rain and D. Lasswell. Not to mention off banner rainbows.

    Maybe I'll dump my tickets for GLS before doing Lapis pulls.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    @Sterica or @Echo, can I ask you to please close out this thread?

    Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I think it helps a lot, the 100% draw covers a lot of stop/charm/mana drain that would otherwise go to your team.

    Do you have a Snow? He can be rigged for 100% draw if you have the gear as well.

    I have an unleveled one. I have Cagnazzo.

    FWIW, I leveled up Snow a few weeks ago just for this kind of strategy and he is reasonably good at just guarding. And now that 7* has recalibrated my cactaur valuation, it seemed really cheap, too!



  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    Update video up. Halloween MK event. Old halloween units will be bonus units. Two new 5*, Lilith and Lucius. Lilith is a magic and physical tank, focused more on magic, who can chain with SPR scaling damage. Lucius is an ATK chainer who can self imbue dark or fire element. Both units also have multihit counter abilities that can chain if they go off together.

    D. Rain, D. Lasswell and GLS getting 7* upgrades, but not as much info given. D. Rain to get DEF and SPR boost when DHing and an AoE physical cover. D. Lasswell is TDH with double ability (unlockable triple) and can chain with DR family. GLS is going to be "impressive" (quoting Dah Sol) at 7*, innate triple ability / cast when using her TM, and apparently some strong support ability as well.

    GLS, I.Nichol and the Four Fiends get ability enhancements soon, too. P. Jake, too, but no one uses them.

    Slightly disappointed that the new characters aren't costumed characters, but Lilith and Lucius do look pretty interesting. Very tempted to pull for Lilith as I like female tanks, but GLS is my focus at the moment.

    Edit: At the end they also announced that the Valkyrie Profile Lenneth collab will be soon.

    Wait...Bonus units? As in Demon Rain/Vamp Laswell/ GLS are now bonuses from raid coins/milestones?

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    azith28 wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »
    Update video up. Halloween MK event. Old halloween units will be bonus units. Two new 5*, Lilith and Lucius. Lilith is a magic and physical tank, focused more on magic, who can chain with SPR scaling damage. Lucius is an ATK chainer who can self imbue dark or fire element. Both units also have multihit counter abilities that can chain if they go off together.

    D. Rain, D. Lasswell and GLS getting 7* upgrades, but not as much info given. D. Rain to get DEF and SPR boost when DHing and an AoE physical cover. D. Lasswell is TDH with double ability (unlockable triple) and can chain with DR family. GLS is going to be "impressive" (quoting Dah Sol) at 7*, innate triple ability / cast when using her TM, and apparently some strong support ability as well.

    GLS, I.Nichol and the Four Fiends get ability enhancements soon, too. P. Jake, too, but no one uses them.

    Slightly disappointed that the new characters aren't costumed characters, but Lilith and Lucius do look pretty interesting. Very tempted to pull for Lilith as I like female tanks, but GLS is my focus at the moment.

    Edit: At the end they also announced that the Valkyrie Profile Lenneth collab will be soon.

    Wait...Bonus units? As in Demon Rain/Vamp Laswell/ GLS are now bonuses from raid coins/milestones?

    Halloween event is a King Mog event this year. All present and past Halloween units are bonus units.

    Edit: Also there's a new thread! Already three pages in, wonder why this one hasn't been closed..

    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/222101/ffbe-halloween-valkyrie-profile-collab-and-enhancements-oh-my#latest

    Cruor on
  • lodgerlodger Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    whoops.

    lodger on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    @Sterica or @Echo, can I ask you to please close out this thread?

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
This discussion has been closed.