Options

podcasts: are they piss?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Listening to today’s beastcast and I gotta say I’m surprised to see Bakalar bring the onion thing back up. If I had in the heat of the moment made a bet involving eating my own shit I would just quietly let that topic drop.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I will exempt just about any Two Things shirt if one of those Things is "BORN TO DIE"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Well I just found a snake in my room. So I guess I'm just never sleeping again. Cool. I had a good run.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Well I just found a snake in my room. So I guess I'm just never sleeping again. Cool. I had a good run.

once the rest of the snakes show up you'll sleep plenty

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    That Sonic Yorha shirt is in the 99.9th percentile of nerd shirts in general really, even outside of the Two Things trend

Cleanly designed, two tones, and it helps that Nier Automata is just aesthetic af as a whole

For how much I loved the first Nier I still haven't found time to play Automata and I need to fix that

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Danny is too busy being a dad to appear on Shift+F1 right now, but Drew found Rob Zacny instead

Rob is a lot more knowledgable about the sport, but he's also kind of... a stick in the mud? He doesn't really go with Drew on the usual fun bits he has with Danny (like the voices during Racin' Round The World [yeeuuh, yeuuuhhhuh...])

I think the "dream team" here would be Drew, Danny and Rob - all of them together would make for an excellent permanent ensemble

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Danny is too busy being a dad to appear on Shift+F1 right now, but Drew found Rob Zacny instead

Rob is a lot more knowledgable about the sport, but he's also kind of... a stick in the mud? He doesn't really go with Drew on the usual fun bits he has with Danny (like the voices during Racin' Round The World [yeeuuh, yeuuuhhhuh...])

I think the "dream team" here would be Drew, Danny and Rob - all of them together would make for an excellent permanent ensemble

Rob Zacny being a stick in the mud?

Shocking

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Rob Zacny rules

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I mean by definition yes, we're not on the chart so we've already lost

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

there are abusers and nazis on this list and minions or some shit is going to win because people who just wanna shit on fanbases for fun are just as bad as any of those fan bades

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I can name a lot of issues I have with the core concept of this thing but I'm gonna start by saying if you're throwing so broad that you're comparing Woody Allen fans to, say, Parks & Recs fans the whole exercise is a mistake. Those are on different planes of "bad" and it's either treating genuinely toxic groups too casually or lumping "fandoms where the fans are maybe a bit obnoxious" in with genuinely harmful people and either way it's not good.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    also the answer is homestuck

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That seems about as fun as the Hot Takes thread was

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    also the answer is homestuck

I like Homestuck

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dan is so fucking done with this Metal Gear game, it's kind of incredible.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure it’s necessary to pick what fandom is worse when it’s predominantly the same shitheads running amok through most of them

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    I’m not sure it’s necessary to pick what fandom is worse when it’s predominantly the same shitheads running amok through most of them

That's kind of my point that no it's not. Like to go back to my example the worst thing about most Parks and Recs fans is that they're just a bit too earnest, a bit too much with their love of the show. The worst thing most of them will do is rub up against some personal space boundaries.

Meanwhile Woody Allen fans are out there trying to whitewash sexual abuse and a bunch of Pewdiepie fans are homophobes and racists. Just painting "fandom" with a broad brush like that is really reductive of a pretty complex bit of modern society.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's the difference between bad people liking a thing and people being bad because they like a thing.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I would agree that some of the fandoms on there are not very bad (and I personally would have replaced them with other ones if I had made it myself), but most of those got knocked out in the first round when I ran through the bracket.

• Options
    I’m speaking more to a lot of the groups that aren’t really sincerely arguing compassionately about whatever the banner is. Your comicsgates and what have you which fall under a lot of those banners and potentially any of those at some arbitrary point when they can do their whole bit

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Basically I’m suggesting a lot of the bad actors in a lot of those groups are the same just moving from fandom to fandom

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    I would agree that some of the fandoms on there are not very bad (and I personally would have replaced them with other ones if I had made it myself), but most of those got knocked out in the first round when I ran through the bracket.

its still an exercise that places woody allen amd pewdiepie on the same plane as minions and EDM

its a bad idea

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

its still an exercise that places woody allen amd pewdiepie on the same plane as minions and EDM

its a bad idea

I mean, first off, no it doesn't, as it's explicitly about the dedicated fanbases of those things

And also my argument was that it doesn't place them on the same level - not everything in the bracket is equally bad, that's why it's a bracket

• Options

its a bad idea

I mean, first off, no it doesn't, as it's explicitly about the dedicated fanbases of those things

And also my argument was that it doesn't place them on the same level - not everything in the bracket is equally bad, that's why it's a bracket

it does

it implies they are in ANY WAY similar

they are not

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah but it's fan bases, not the people themselves.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It's Star Wars.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    it's chinatown

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    IT’S PIKACHU

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's Monty Python's Flying Circus

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    It's me it's me it's that D O Double G

• Options
    it's been

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Some Body

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    It's me it's me it's that D O Double G

it's me it's me it's D D P

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    It’s-a me!

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    it's the se++ podcast thread

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    it was me, Dio

This discussion has been closed.