As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Astera Fest: Catch 'em all.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    @Vyolynce solvaal and I still playing if you wanna join

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Vyolynce solvaal and I still playing if you wanna join

Maybe not right at 6 but I should be able to hop on for a few.

• Options
      mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
      I bounced hard off the Lunastra arena battle for awhile but finally drove her away last night. Being mainly a lancer it took me awhile to figure out avoiding standing in the blue flaming death spots she leaves all over the place. I understand that the out-in-the-world hunt for Lunastra and Teostra is less frustrating than the arena and I'm looking forward to that.

In other MHW news, my seven-year-old called me at work this morning to tell me he'd defeated Rathalos. Proud of him! Particularly as he has tried different weapons out and on his own has settled on the bow, which I don't know how to use at all.

that arena lunestra only was sucky. she seems way harder in there plus you only have like 15 minutes. I had to find an SOS to finish that one

camo_sig.png
    • Options
      Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
      mts wrote: »
      I bounced hard off the Lunastra arena battle for awhile but finally drove her away last night. Being mainly a lancer it took me awhile to figure out avoiding standing in the blue flaming death spots she leaves all over the place. I understand that the out-in-the-world hunt for Lunastra and Teostra is less frustrating than the arena and I'm looking forward to that.

In other MHW news, my seven-year-old called me at work this morning to tell me he'd defeated Rathalos. Proud of him! Particularly as he has tried different weapons out and on his own has settled on the bow, which I don't know how to use at all.

that arena lunestra only was sucky. she seems way harder in there plus you only have like 15 minutes. I had to find an SOS to finish that one

I'm pretty sure I finished with less than 20 seconds left. Through my many attempts I found I could generally survive it with the LBG but I couldn't do enough damage and always ran out of time. The win did feel like a triumph, as difficult as it was to get there, as I was forced to modify my tactics to succeed. It definitely felt like bullshit up til then but I'm probably a better lancer now than I was.

• Options
      It seems we're missing folks! I'll keep checking for now seems it's off.

• Options

I don't even see you as being online. Slovaal just came on now from the looks of it.

• Options
        SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
        edited January 2019
        I'm here! Though I'm only HR10.

Edit: I only have Iceburner on my list, I need to add more of you.

Satsumomo on
      • Options
        Vyolynce wrote: »

I don't even see you as being online. Slovaal just came on now from the looks of it.

Host a room? I'll let solvaal know and Satsumomo can maybe join. I didn't see anyone so I'm reading in the bath (don't judge) but I can try after

• Options

Host a room? I'll let solvaal know and Satsumomo can maybe join. I didn't see anyone so I'm reading in the bath (don't judge) but I can try after

I've got one open and Sats is in.

• Options
          ElendilElendil Registered User regular
          fuckin'

i got it

i got my goddamned paralysis switch axe

after all these months

• Options

I've got one open and Sats is in.

Good hunts! Sorry we didn't start earlier

• Options
            CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
            Woooo. @Jeix @Claw Shrimp and @Viking and I finished behemoth on pc FINALLY. Twice we died to really poor comet placement in phase 4, and wiped about 10ish times otherwise learning the fight. But now we have our kinsects and all is gooood. That is a really fun and engaging fight to learn. Im excited to see whats coming with the witcher 3 stuff if this collab is so amazing.

n1woEHJ.png
            CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
          • Options
            i also got that dumbass worm snake finally

really tearing ass tonight

ended that round with 6/7 of the nuggets i need to make the last armor piece

once more into the breach

• Options
          • Options
            Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
            Brought down Teostra and Lunastra on the first try but it was still a close call. She's definitely easier in the world than in the arena but she's still a pain in the ass. One thing I hadn't counted on was that she'd guard Teostra's corpse. I figured I'd still get a chance to carve it up once I drove her away but apparently I took too long and the carcass despawned. That was disappointing.

Carted twice, drank probably 40 mega potions and brought her down with just over 2 minutes to spare.

• Options
            SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
            Thanks for the hunts yesterday, specially Lao, that was definitely not engaging. I hope one day the MH team stops doing these types of fights.

• Options
            Satsumomo wrote: »
            Thanks for the hunts yesterday, specially Lao, that was definitely not engaging. I hope one day the MH team stops doing these types of fights.

Ahtal-Ka will make up for it.

• Options
            hushhush Registered User regular
            AT Teostra is a nice change from AT Vaal Hazak - seems like a generally quicker fight (15m for a sloppy kill), AND I don't need to wrangle an incredible amount of consumables

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
          • Options
            KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
            I gave up trying to get my Kulve Taroth Pierce LBG, or any of the new variations of LBG/HBG. I got tons of swords, hammers, horns, switch axes and charge blades of every variant almost. A few bows which I hope will find a use soon, but no god damn LBGs.

KTs RNGness was starting to piss me off to the point that I was disliking the game. I think I must have done in excess of 100 successful kills (so so many failures) and still the game held out on me.

In other news only missing:
            Large black diablos
            Both Kirins
            Small nerg
            Large Vaal.

I have about 10 silver/gold black diablos investigations that I farmed up, so I'll start working through those later after my missus stops playing overwatch :D

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
          • Options
            BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
            So I've hit the end of the story, and I'm kind of confused as to where I'm going to go from here, is it just grinding the purple hunts to get the right augments or is there a larger goal

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
          • Options
            After enough time, you hunt because hunting is all you know.

• Options
            PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
            edited January 2019
            After enough time, you hunt because hunting is all you know.

That, and the pay's damn good. Hell, the guild just hands out palatial quarters to the top hunters as a fringe benefit. You make more zenny killing on G-rank Rathalos than most people make in a year (I assume).

Polaritie on
            Steam: Polaritie
            3DS: 0473-8507-2652
            Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
            PSN: AbEntropy
          • Options
            KelorKelor Registered User regular
            Botznoy wrote: »
            So I've hit the end of the story, and I'm kind of confused as to where I'm going to go from here, is it just grinding the purple hunts to get the right augments or is there a larger goal

Pretty much.

High Rank>Tempered>Arch Tempered>Whatever is in the expansion.

There are some really fun fights in there, Kulve Taroth, Teostra, Behemoth and Kushala Daora.

• Options
            fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
            Leveling up as a player and improving times is a key part of MH

getting my GS runs to sub 5 mins for tempered elders was the high mark. Putting my favourite rad music on top of the vods was icing

if you feel you dont want to improve anymore, dont. This game rewards precision, dedication and self goals setting. Beating story is a good place to stop, if you arent feeling the "fighting game" grind

J3qcnBP.png
          • Options
            AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
            The last few hunts of ATKT straight up trolled me. Got a one pursuit + horn break while furied which gave me a load of incandescent weapons...only for not a single one to be kjar :P

With RDR2 and then going on vacation I didnt get too much time to play before the event ended but I made a proper LBG styx set (I missed the AT xeno event so dont have any of its armor, which is a shame because it looks like it shifted the meta for LBG/HBG)

Think my only kjarr gets were the ice bow, ice HBG and the horn HBG, still no claw or glutton but I think the Horn HBG might be a good substitute for glutton.

• Options
            NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
            Aretè wrote: »
            The last few hunts of ATKT straight up trolled me. Got a one pursuit + horn break while furied which gave me a load of incandescent weapons...only for not a single one to be kjar :P

With RDR2 and then going on vacation I didnt get too much time to play before the event ended but I made a proper LBG styx set (I missed the AT xeno event so dont have any of its armor, which is a shame because it looks like it shifted the meta for LBG/HBG)

Think my only kjarr gets were the ice bow, ice HBG and the horn HBG, still no claw or glutton but I think the Horn HBG might be a good substitute for glutton.

horn HBG can do some work now with xeno gamma and its disgusting wyvernsnipe. kjaar ice bow is a huge get, nice as well.

I take back what I said about AT KT being improved on drops. The R8 pool is just overflooded now. It's easier to get the old R8 stuff, but good luck trying for anything Kjaar related.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
          • Options
            Naphtali wrote: »
            Aretè wrote: »

horn HBG can do some work now with xeno gamma and its disgusting wyvernsnipe. kjaar ice bow is a huge get, nice as well.

I take back what I said about AT KT being improved on drops. The R8 pool is just overflooded now. It's easier to get the old R8 stuff, but good luck trying for anything Kjaar related.
            most of the kjarr stuff isn't that good tho

i think the only thing i really want is the para glaive

• Options
            darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
            So PC Kulve Taroth is back but I assume it isnt the AT Kulve that the PS4 guys have yet right?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
          • Options
            hushhush Registered User regular
            it is not

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
          • Options
            CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
            edited January 2019
            Kelor wrote: »

Pretty much.

There are some really fun fights in there, Kulve Taroth, Teostra, Behemoth and Kushala Daora.
            I tapped out once I got to the tempered elder grind but KD is my least favorite of the elders. Stupid special wind aura.

I'm really looking forward to the expansion and getting a bunch of new monsters to fight.

Carpy on
          • Options
            EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
            Carpy wrote: »
            Kelor wrote: »

Pretty much.

I tapped out once I got to the tempered elder grind but KD is my least favorite of the elders. Stupid special wind aura.

I'm really looking forward to the expansion and getting a bunch of new monsters to fight.

Not to mention older monsters being relevent again at least for a little while. Unfortunately it will probably end with g rank elders and g rank arch tempered elder, which im sure will turn me off again.

• Options
            NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
            Got around to trying my first AT Teostra. I am going to go ahead and assume the answer to my first question is yes and skip to asking if the AT Kush that pops in long enough for a turf war drops anything good if you manage to kill it.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
            Warframe/Steam: NFyt
          • Options
            Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
            Hey, I just got this in the Steam sale, up to HR4 about to fight Anjanath.
            Do I still need to install those Microsoft codecs, or has that been fixed?

• Options
            KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
            Large Crown Black Diablos don't exist!!

It's a conspiracy started by the commission and aided by the commander to make us want to cull the black diablos numbers. But I'm starting to wise up to them now. I won't be a pawn for much longer!! I'm going to find a way to kidnap the commander and get the truth out of him!

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
          • Options
            FremFrem Registered User regular
            Crippl3 wrote: »

I’m like 95% sure it’s not a thing anymore. It only ever affected people using Windows N and Windows K to start with.

• Options
            Frem wrote: »
            Crippl3 wrote: »

I’m like 95% sure it’s not a thing anymore. It only ever affected people using Windows N and Windows K to start with.

Oh, ok lol.
            How does the group system work in this? I'm in the G&T AT group, but it doesn't seem to do anything in game?

• Options
            FremFrem Registered User regular
            edited January 2019
            The easiest way to create or join a multiplayer session is at the character selection screen. Other players in your session only appear in the gathering hub (ship at the very top of Astera) and during quests. You can also invite friends from the in-game menu.

Once you're in a session, you'll go to the quest board and either post or join a quest. Only other people in your session can see these. You can also respond to SOS flares, which will drop you into a quest already in progress where someone has asked for help. SOS flares can be joined from any session.

Selecting a steam group displays the group icon next to your name in the gathering hub, that's it. You may see references to "squads" online; those are more or less persistent sessions and only console players got them for some reason.

Frem on
          • Options
            Ah, I thought the Groups thing would be our version of Squads, I played this for a bit on Xbox when it came out. That sucks.

• Options
            KelorKelor Registered User regular
            NEO|Phyte wrote: »
            Got around to trying my first AT Teostra. I am going to go ahead and assume the answer to my first question is yes and skip to asking if the AT Kush that pops in long enough for a turf war drops anything good if you manage to kill it.

I never even had Kushala show up on the first run I did.

First try took me twenty minutes but it never felt like I was much in danger.

Mostly going to depend on whether others are going to cart or not.