As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]drafts

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The last time I had 3 people in one car seat w
    i'm not saying they're right, just that i get it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    a
    It makes sense Chanus

sig.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So do people who write editorials co opt moments?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    a
    A won't save I don't think, not automatically

But posting anything will clear the draft

it saved

if people are just clearing their draft in the comment box and then typing "a" before making a post in that same comment box, i just no longer understand people

I want to clear the draft but I don't have anything to say at that moment

no that part makes sense

if "a" didn't save as a draft then they wouldn't be doing that, they'd just be typing "a" and then going on to type their post and i would be very confused

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I don't think hamsters were made for
    knitdan wrote: »
    A is short for ACAB
    Assigned Cop at Birth?

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    So do people who write editorials co opt moments?

certainly you can see it's possible to understand why someone would feel a certain way without having any interest in arguing to defend that a person feels that way

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Is there any reason not to cut off t
    I just can't imagine why anyone would be like..the slightest bit annoyed that someone is like "hey if you like my stuff tip me"

I mean it's social media. There's no eye contact. No singling anyone out. You just...either do it, or ignore it

There's literally no pressure.

But people mad

i can understand the feeling that this person you don't know is tweeting about a current hot topic issue and at the same time asking for donations, so you may be thinking it feels a bit like co-opting a moment since everything we encounter in our daily lives is marketing now

Yep there is a good conversation in a kevin spacey movie (boo hiss) call the big kahuna. Thankfully the speech is by Danny Devito to peter francanelli about how the second you turn an earnest conversation to your own goals you're not a person anymore, you're a marketing rep.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm just asking questions, Chanus
    Why is the sky blue?
    Why are clouds gray?

Are you now or were you ever a member of the Communist party, Chanus?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    also she is literally a female comedian responding to a large event that effects women in the comedy world

if that is co-opting a movement then mang, i guess everything is co-opting now

• Options
    I'm just asking questions, Chanus
    Why is the sky blue?
    Why are clouds gray?

Are you now or were you ever a member of the Communist party, Chanus?

am i being detained

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    A is short for ACAB
    Assigned Cop at Birth?

This is the title of my crust punk 7”

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    just adblock the draft feature, ezpz

Phone posting tho

There's a couple of browsers that have built in adblock now though, so there's always that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just can't imagine why anyone would be like..the slightest bit annoyed that someone is like "hey if you like my stuff tip me"

I mean it's social media. There's no eye contact. No singling anyone out. You just...either do it, or ignore it

But people mad

i can understand the feeling that this person you don't know is tweeting about a current hot topic issue and at the same time asking for donations, so you may be thinking it feels a bit like co-opting a moment since everything we encounter in our daily lives is marketing now

Yep there is a good conversation in a kevin spacey movie (boo hiss) call the big kahuna. Thankfully the speech is by Danny Devito to peter francanelli about how the second you turn an earnest conversation to your own goals you're not a person anymore, you're a marketing rep.

every journalist and writer is a marketing rep then because they get paid to write words about hot topic issues, only their boss puts money in their hat

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    re: that twitter thread on the last page of last thread

loads of people plug shit in the comments of their tweets, that's literally what the end of a tweet chain is for

chances are if you've read the entire thing through, you probably care enough about what the person is saying to engage in some way and if you agree with them, an easy means of donating to them is good

If you liked this post, you can buy Tav's albums on CampBand dot Com slash Tav, or buy him a beer at beer-me dot com slash Tav

I ate an engineer
  • Options

But people mad

every journalist and writer is a marketing rep then because they get paid to write words about hot topic issues, only their boss puts money in their hat

yes? Like its becoming increasingly clear in most of our consumed media we aren't being told a story, we're being sold one, maybe we always have been, but I can recognize this and not like it all the same.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Why do British Marxists only ever drink terrible tea?

Because all proper tea is theft.

If you like my shitposts, please consider donating to my Patreon

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

But people mad

I mean, yes.

But you knew that.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Also I really liked Boston. It was a lot of fun.

• Options
    Rolling my eyes is the only response I have to this

• Options
    this is going to turn into the dumbest argument so i think i'm gonna go do something else

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

You're a lot of fun!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Gotem

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    a

Our little city is chock full of things to do

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    a
    Couscous wrote: »
    A is short for ACAB
    Assigned Cop at Birth?

baby_mustache.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    this is going to turn into the dumbest argument so i think i'm gonna go do something else

Before you do can you kick in a couple bucks to my patreon, these posts aren't free bro.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

Our little city is chock full of things to do

just don't get them started on that captain thomas brady

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    If they wanted money they should get a real job mirite

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

loads of people plug shit in the comments of their tweets, that's literally what the end of a tweet chain is for

chances are if you've read the entire thing through, you probably care enough about what the person is saying to engage in some way and if you agree with them, an easy means of donating to them is good

If you liked this post, you can buy Tav's albums on CampBand dot Com slash Tav, or buy him a beer at beer-me dot com slash Tav

i mean i would really like this

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I did it. I finished Prey!

Well done Mojo.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm originally from Boston, and when I returned after nearly twenty years the first thing I did was walk into a café and ask for a strong black coffee

"We don't do coffee", came the immediate scornful reply

It felt like a true Boston welcome

• Options
    milski wrote: »

i mean i would really like this

All you have to do is start breaking the rules on self promotion!

Wait, are there rules on self promotion here?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Has anyone had this kind of stuff come out of their
    The entirety of the internet, pretty much, right now is about coopting/repackaging shit and trying to resell via views. There are methods that are less shady than others I guess but it still happens pretty much everywhere.

Like the highlight vods of twitch clips on youtube heh. Those are common as hell.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    I'm originally from Boston, and when I returned after nearly twenty years the first thing I did was walk into a café and ask for a strong black coffee

"We don't do coffee", came the immediate scornful reply

It felt like a true Boston welcome

All they would need is a bless Tom Brady and hurl some racial slurs, and it would be like you never left.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I did it. I finished Prey!

Well done Mojo.

Oh god mojo are you one of those "gamers" they talk about on the news

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    a
    Wait are we criticizing an artist for trying to get money for their art?

they should just be pumped about all this fuckin exposure right?

Maybe making money the underlying driver of our entire civilization was the mistake.

• Options

Maybe making money the underlying driver of our entire civilization was the mistake.

this is literally what I'm hearing

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07bouWnhUL4

Man that man has a manstache.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options

If I can't get money for making troll posts in chat, they shouldn't get money for making a shitty youtube video or twitter post, gosh darnit.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    She said one thing Louis CK and others can do is support female/POC/nb comedians

She at the end of the thread then let people know about her own project supporting POC comedians and how they can donate

"If you like my posts give me money" isn't a fair summary here

So It Goes on
  • Options

tweeting isn't art

except my tweets

those are art

This discussion has been closed.