As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Question About PAX Rules?

Lilith NightStarLilith NightStar Registered User new member
edited September 2018 in PAX West
Lilith NightStar was warned for this.
Reading the pax rules here I have a question regarding a specific matter that took place at PAX West.

west.paxsite.com/safety-accessibility
5. DON’T HARASS ANYONE
Policy Overview

Any form of harassment, whether that’s based on gender identity/expression, race, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, or religion, will not be tolerated at PAX. If you are caught or reported to have harassed anyone at PAX, you will go through our reporting process and face remediation steps.

Does this rule apply to the people there running the Booth / Events as well?

Personally I am against descrimination, and recently "Riot Games" at room 613 kicked "Men" out of the room / event.

To make matters worse Riot basically allowed "Non - Binary" people into the event aka Men who didn't claim to be a gender, but refused to allow men who identified as men into the room for a few hours.

Personally I do not discriminate anyone for what they identify as, but Riot Games this year is a different issue.

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/community-events/riot-pax-west

On their own website / Advertisement for PAX west, it also does not specify that men cannot attend, and not allowing men to attend a public event simply because they identify as a gender is just as bad as racism, and they are pretty much slapping men by telling them that...

- Men are not producers
- Men do not do Narrative Writing
- Men do not do Production Careers
- Men are not Game Designers
- Men do not cosplay

^ This is what I interpit this and I do not feel Pax should be allowing Gender Shaming to be going on regardless of by vistiors or harassment by Staff / people running events.

Edit I would be saying the same thing if it was restricting GBLT, or Women as well, discrimination to me has no place at a public event such as PAX, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with Women Only events, gaming, or clans but these should be done elsewhere such as on a Riot Games campus.
. If you are caught or reported to have harassed anyone at PAX, you will go through our reporting process and face remediation steps.

Also in regards to this specific rule, what happens if someone at a PAX event actually mis-hears something, or reports someone else but there is lack of evidence is a person asked to leave, generally speaking this is very unlikely to happen I would think, but I am sure it's likely happened at one time or another.

Lilith NightStar on

• DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    Did you report this to the info booth? Because that is where you should go to ask about this.

If they had a reason for asking all men to leave I would guess that it would have been their prerogative, but still a pretty stupid thing to do with or without an explanation.

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Lilith NightStarLilith NightStar Registered User new member
    Did you report this to the info booth? Because that is where you should go to ask about this.

If they had a reason for asking all men to leave I would guess that it would have been their prerogative, but still a pretty stupid thing to do with or without an explanation.

Well I don't go to PAX for that matter as of Yet, but I have friends who attend the PAX events, and talk with cosplayers who do attend a lot of these events.

So since I am not there I didn't report it to an info booth, but I am really curious to what the policy is in regards to PAX Rules as I have never even seen, or heard of anything like this ever taking place.

I did send them an email about it though to the questions department, but just heard they would let floor staff know about it, but not sure if companies are allowed to like restrict rooms based off genders and stuff, or if this is a violation of rules.

goo.gl/skX3NW If you look up the results on Google there is lots of articles about it as well.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Go away.

This discussion has been closed.