As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're three times as fast in the 3rd [Gunpla] & Plastic models thread

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    A hundred and eighty three fucking dollars!?!

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    How long can you go without eating?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    It's a bit cheaper than that Maganac 36-piece set that was linked a few pages ago.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    don't use BBTS, their markup is way too high

they cater to the crowd that will spend like $1000 on a transformers statue

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I was just browsing stuff, would definitely shop around if I were to actually buy one of those.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Ugh yeah that MG was a nightmare.

I kept on my shelf for only like 2 months before it got sent to storage.

Its a bummer, because the design of the Exia Repair is my favourite! The broken sword, exposed eye lens and the shroud over the missing arm make for an awesome look, and as a kit it's only readily available in MG (though I believe there are P-Bandai versions available for the other scales)

Saw there are rumours of a full wave of MG Celestial Being Gundams based off the runners for Dynames, maybe there's an Exia 2.0 on the horizon too. I'd love to transplant the Repair parts to a better kit.

I've also been marathoning the anime! It's pretty poor, but it has its moments. I was disappointed to see the Repair look only exists for one scene. ;p

Fun fact! The exposed eye isn't actually the Exia's original right eye! It's harvested from a Tieren!

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Y'all the Neo Zeong is the goofiest looking thing

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    shut up it's cool

...but it's no Zeong Zeong....,,

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    One of the classes I took in college was TTL Logic. TTL stands for Transistor Transistor Logic. So the name of the class was really Transistor Transistor Logic Logic.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Picked up 2 HG kits this weekend at a local Japan hobby store. Snagged the Maganac which I was stoked to see in the shop AND grabbed my first Zaku. The Origins Zaku II.

I just started this hobby a couple months ago and I already have a five kit backlog...ugh.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wish I could build up the urge to keep building. I'm in the middle of that F91, and I completely derailed myself with the Lego roller coaster... and can't bring myself to continue. I guess my mind's just been on other things.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I wish I could build up the urge to keep building. I'm in the middle of that F91, and I completely derailed myself with the Lego roller coaster... and can't bring myself to continue. I guess my mind's just been on other things.

Burnout! it's real! let it sit for a while, you'll be ready to get back to it

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »

It's ok to take a break. Sometimes you just don't click with a kit like you obviously clicked with your Lego (pun intended). I fully built up the MG Quan[T] and had it about 50% panel lined and decalled and got bored, so I took a two week break to build the Lego Hogwarts that my wife gifted me a few months ago.

I also pulled out my RG Unicorn to panel line and decal it, forgetting that I had to glue a piece at one arm and the glue got into the joint. So now the piece is broke again, as is the joint. I guess it will be a downed mecha in a future diorama.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I just think I'm not clicking with this kit. there isn't anything interesting to it. I thought maybe the backpack would be cool when I get there, but.. eh? I should've trusted my initial instincts on it, that caused me to pass on it for like a year.

It's not that it is turning out bad, it's just.. not what I like in a model.

Still, I'm working through it. Finished the upper body, starting on the legs.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Getting a good day where I could just zone out and work helped. All I have left are the weapons at this point.

I get a very strong Captain Falcon vibe off of the MG 1/100 F91 though. He's also got so much white space, he's another good candidate to try water slides with.

1a8evNHh.jpg

I think the real grades are spoiling me. The 1/144s scale much better with the Zoids (even if the zoids are twice as big as they would be in relation to the gundam), and all the little fiddly bits on the RGs are so much fun. The most interesting parts on the F91 so far have been the vents on the back of the legs, and maybe the transforming faceplate.

I'm also slightly annoyed they didn't mention the black stickers earlier, so I had to be real careful applying black marker between a yellow piece. But I think I got it.

Athenor on
  • Options
    Made the mistake of Googling "Gundam dioramas".

People are insanely talented.

q0h9k.jpg

• Options
    the GM/z'gok rematch is my favorite genre of gunpla diorama

104-2.jpg
    e0037268_474d4e22dc166.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Made the mistake of Googling "Gundam dioramas".

People are insanely talented.
    That’s insanely gorgeous and SO dynamic! :eek:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Little update on my WIP:
    iq3vgrokcvow.jpg
    I love the colour scheme of this one! It's something different from the white-and-a-bit-bright Gundam colours or the mostly-drab-except-for-Char Zeon stuff.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Gosh I love dioramas

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    I really want to do a diorama with some of the bandai first order kits I got {only three} I just don't know what I am going to do as I feel my fan fiction first order and what I thought they were doing from a combo of the first trailer and the lego set is what I think I might do

What I thought the first order was doing in the trailer and in the lego was they raid for recruits so with a mix of people from the various worlds the first order controls and press ganging those they take in raids in mixed units ensures a certain level of loyality as you don't know where some came from and you both deal with the same stuff thus leading to teamwork and a level of friendship/comradery

Just getting various people in the same scale is the real problem with that diorama

• Options
    edited June 2019
    heh, popped over to the gunpla subreddit earlier and there's an arms race going on

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/bwj0m7/the_terror_of_neozeon/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/bwo9bz/i_see_your_neon_forces_ill_raise_you_esfs/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/bwrjgh/ill_take_your_federation_grunts_and_raise_you_10/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/comments/bwvw7i/10_zeon_aces_how_about_10_rg_zakus/

maybe i should post my guncannons...

in other news, dengeki hobby posted sample images of the primrose

M5A0933.jpg
    M5A0946.jpg
    (pictured below: five model kits)
    M6A9899.jpg

the included trigger hand is pretty sweet but i do wish they'd at least double up on the over-the-shoulder armor part
    also the color separation is kinda meh but i guess i'm probably painting mine in titans colors anyway

i guess i should also scoop up a jetpack hazel while i still can, it didn't get a reprinting so it's harder to come by but also dirt cheap compared to the other hazel variants

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    HGUC 052 RMS-108 Marasai (1/144) finished! :biggrin:
    ws9bslt3xj8t.jpg
    And with Beam Saber:
    0fxgs49svtlf.jpg
    Pros:
    - Amazing colour scheme!
    - Great assymetrical build
    - Really fun to make
    - Very cool helmet
    - Lovely contrasted tubing
    - Beam sabers are stashed in the lower shield
    - Loads of lovely leg thrusters
    - Very nice backpack
    Cons:
    - It has two beam sabers, but no left beam saber holding hand
    - While the suit itself is amazingly colour separated, it was too much trouble to make an extra tube for the gun and add an extra gun for the gun scope?

So that's red and orange done for the one-eyed rainbow, next up: yellow and green!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im coming to the realization that I think I like resin kits more

I just like the process and effort to fixing those jank things

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I can't decide which version of the Revive Destiny Gundam to get.

Regular
    716-RakHKFL._SL1500_.jpg

or dreamsicle
    71Eu30W8BnL._SL1500_.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Ooh! That orange version is pretty too! :biggrin:

• Options
    The ammo can for the gatling is wrong

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    At the very least it looks like the belt should be attached differently?

Edit: Eh, I don't know what I'm talking about, nevermind. Here's some pictures of an A-10's GAU-8 ammo can, for reference.
    48qe0xomtvn1.jpg
    8qxioc9t11wb.jpg
    yeqi9namh4nm.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    If I did it I probably wouldnt do the belt

Mostly because I dont trust that detail in resin

I wonder why there is a sudden explosion in crab resin models, none of these were here when I checked 6 months ago

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I just want one Gundam series that throws some love to Feddie GMs. 8th MS doesn't really count.

I'd love to see an adaptation of We're Federation Hooligans, but I don't think it was terribly popular.

• Options
    they need to do an OVA version of blue destiny or rise from the ashes

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    But muh EZ8 :(

• Options
    If I did it I probably wouldnt do the belt

Mostly because I dont trust that detail in resin

I wonder why there is a sudden explosion in crab resin models, none of these were here when I checked 6 months ago

Most of the ammo belts in models are brass
    I think the crab tank mech is because it naturally looks like one just slap on the guns

• Options
    I already got one of those crab tanks and it was resin even when it didnt make sense, no brass there

I more mean why there is a sudden production run again. The only existence of the model outside ebay you can find is all one dude painting them, and thags all from years ago

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    WIP (1/144):
    (Left) Wow, you're quite tall, aren't you?
    (Right) Hang on, did you just shrink?
    ou45ugv5diga.jpg

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Aashimar, yes? I wish I could've gotten one with the "Green Divers" skin for it (HCM Pro figure, or an HGUC, whatever).
    w2zdnj82re35.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png