Debated posting this in the Android thread but I'm not entirely sure it's an Android tablet I need. Any help appreciated, I'm totally out of date in the world of tablets. I've not wanted or really needed a tablet in a while, but now I'd like to use one primarily for:
What I think I need:
- Steam Link: to use as a screen in my living room to play Steam games when my daughter is hogging the TV. Bonus points if I can stream PS4 or Xbox One games too.
- Reading comics. After watching Preacher I've got a hankering to delve back in to the world of comics, I've a fair digital archive now. I used to use a Nook, but it won't charge now
- Some TV and Film watching when I'm away with work, along with minor web browsing.
What would be nice:
- a 10" screen or greater (no zooming in for comics)
- a reasonable price. £200 would be ideal.
- a DECENT screen. I get annoyed using my laptop at the moment for Steam Link because I go from a gorgeous OLED to a pretty shitty LCD screen. I'm not expecting OLED HDR levels of gorgeous for the price I've got in mind, but something not crap would be nice.
- it doesn't need to have any grunt more than the capability to do what I've listed above, I won't be playing any major native Android games on it.
- Probably an Android tablet. Open to being talked around if anything better exists (Windows 10?)
- I wouldn't mind a keyboard/trackpad as an optional accessory. I love my work Surface Pro with it's detachable keyboard, but I can't use that for anything but work. Again, not expecting anything surface Pro level but on occasion I do need to do a little typing and Office style work, or sending of emails.
Help me, you're my only hope! (Well, ok, you guys and google)
Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch