As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plug 'n Play Paradise: The Most 'Mini' Thing About Genesis Mini 2 Is How Many They'll Make

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Probably. Also I don't think there was ever going to be the same demand for it as there was for the NES/SNES. But hopefully it did okay.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Gamestop's website is completely down BTW. Wonder if that's related. Maybe it just needed to hit ATgames prices to sell...

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Well that's confirmation of PS classic levels of fail. In terms of sales anyway. I think ATgames stopped this from ever being a thing.

Didn't the PS Classic drop down $19.99?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I jumped on the 35 price. I nearly bought it already at 50 a few times. Now I just gotta find time to play the damn thing.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Well that's confirmation of PS classic levels of fail. In terms of sales anyway. I think ATgames stopped this from ever being a thing.

Didn't the PS Classic drop down $19.99?

Yeah after a whole year. I know this started at $80 but we're already nearing this point after months. Maybe after Sony retailers just learned what to expect this time.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Granted game sales have been a bit aggressive this Christmas, so that's something to factor in.

Still, it's not the greatest of signs, and likely an indication the age of minis will end with 2019.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Granted game sales have been a bit aggressive this Christmas, so that's something to factor in.

Still, it's not the greatest of signs, and likely an indication the age of minis will end with 2019.

Well, hypothetical N64 aside, after the PC Engine/TG-16 next year, there's not really anywhere notable for them to go that's plausible.

Despite all our wishes in this thread for mini Master Systems, Saturns, Dreamcasts, Xboxes, etc, etc...

Jazz on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The ps classic does have that retro feel. It feels like early playstation.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    The Genesis is back up to regular-ish price now. Isn't "DotD" "Deal of the Day?"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Yup.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    edit: wrong thread

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Probably. Also I don't think there was ever going to be the same demand for it as there was for the NES/SNES. But hopefully it did okay.

I'm still hoping for a price drop to the Japanese models.

• Options
    Anyone tried Project Lunar yet?

• Options
    I guess you can switch Arc the Lad to english on the Japanese PS Classic?

• Options
    I am getting into the Super Famicom games.
    https://youtu.be/URC0YY-nZ14

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Anyone tried Project Lunar yet?

I did! Didn't play the vanilla much, so I can't contrast much, but... it's fairly laggy in Rocket Knight Adventures and Sonic 3.

And there's a new boot screen, and a couple extra "games" in the library to do with the custom firmware settings, so it doesn't end up feeling untouched like hakchi do for the Nintendo toys.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    My TMNT cabinet is still in the box.

I may crack it open tonight and lay the parts on the couch.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I did! Didn't play the vanilla much, so I can't contrast much, but... it's fairly laggy in Rocket Knight Adventures and Sonic 3.

Deal breaker right there. Even if its $35.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    Me, two days ago: "If I were to get any one single Arcade1up machine, it would probably be TMNT/Turtles in Time."

Me, yesterday: "Well, shit."

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I'm probably kind of weird for wanting a Golden Axe Arcade 1up cabinet when I have an actual Golden Axe cabinet.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I'm probably kind of weird for wanting a Golden Axe Arcade 1up cabinet when I have an actual Golden Axe cabinet.

Nothing is wrong with wanting more arcade cabinets.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I will just leave this here.
    https://youtu.be/_T088zeTzy8

This guy is making waves with the cabinets.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Nothing is wrong with wanting more arcade cabinets.

https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    That new Golden Axe cabinet has the Golden Axe sequel. I mean the arcade sequel. The Death Adder one.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    It is kinda funny how they just will not release collections of arcade roms.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    The Arcade1Up announcement of a NBA JAM cab with online connectivity has seriously gained my interest.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    The Arcade1Up announcement of a NBA JAM cab with online connectivity has seriously gained my interest.

Whoa that sounds awesome. Wonder how they'd work out the licensing for players and what not. Put blitz on there too and that's one hell of machine

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    The new Star Wars digital pinball machine is a collaboration with Zen Studios!

Zen Studios made the awesome Star Wars Pinball (it's out for everything but I prefer the Switch version since it supports tate mode play) which I highly recommend. That thing is gonna be great! Also, sit down Star Wars cabinet!

If they would just make a sit down ep1 racer cabinet then I could put all the "I didn't really play these" concerns to bed and get the cabinet my Star Wars collection REALLY needs.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm really curious how the 1up and Zen studio collaborations will turn out. I'm not even sure I understand how they're supposed to work.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    I'm really curious how the 1up and Zen studio collaborations will turn out. I'm not even sure I understand how they're supposed to work.

It honestly looks to me that there is a huge screen on the "bottom" area where the pinball hardware usually sits and will probably have the game show up there like on a TV/console screen/monitor.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So I thought long and hard about my Turbografx-16 Mini preorder and, as expected, I ended up cancelling it. It's a shame, but I cannot justify the cost at the moment and it's not really necessary for me either. I really do like the look of the UI, though. I hope it turns out to be an awesome (and, uh, "expandable") device.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

atgames-legends-ultimate-arcade.jpg

Can be further expanded with a subscription service or your own roms. Yes that is a trackball in the center.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Speaking of the TG-16/PCE Mini, I found this excellent review of one of the machine's gems, the incredibly rare & expensive Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire:

https://www.mikematei.com/blog/ginga-fukei-densetsu-sapphire-pc-engine-cd-arcade-mike-matei-blog/

I never got to play that (can't imagine why) although years ago I used to know a couple of guys who could potentially own it... still, it's nice to see that it looks properly awesome and I'm looking forward to playing it.

(IRL life has taken a major turn for the worse recently that ain't likely to get any better for a while (edit for updated news: at all), so "things I'm looking forward to" have extra psychological self-care value at the moment. The PCE Mini is one of them.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    Speaking of the TG-16/PCE Mini, I found this excellent review of one of the machine's gems, the incredibly rare & expensive Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire:

https://www.mikematei.com/blog/ginga-fukei-densetsu-sapphire-pc-engine-cd-arcade-mike-matei-blog/

I never got to play that (can't imagine why) although years ago I used to know a couple of guys who could potentially own it... still, it's nice to see that it looks properly awesome and I'm looking forward to playing it.

(IRL life has taken a major turn for the worse recently that ain't likely to get any better for a while, so "things I'm looking forward to" have extra psychological self-care value at the moment. The PCE Mini is one of them.)

That game looks really fun to play. I remember them bringing out arcade games that required the upgrade card, and thought that it reminded me of the old Apple ][ days where you needed the 128 expansion card to use some games/programs. The TG-16 will always have a spot in my heart and I'm still looking forward to the mini.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Can be further expanded with a subscription service or your own roms. Yes that is a trackball in the center.

twb81ram6al11.gif?width=480&s=7e1f74982dba19de88746c2cda060b5e0239cbb2

As for the TG16 mini, I'm really excited for one. I've long wanted to get into the TG16 scene, and until I can afford to fully take the plunge, I'm hopeful this will tide me over.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

*spit take*

They included FIX-IT-FELIX? The central game from Wreck-It-Ralph? That Disney actually made into an arcade game in incredibly small numbers?

If you'll excuse me, I need to figure out which piece of furniture I can get rid of to make room.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I thought about getting the Atgames cabinet. I figured it would be cheaper to just mod the turtles cabinet though. Besides most of the included Atgames Arcade games are garbage.. most arent even arcade games. The real strength with that cabinet is in the cool features like being able to upload your own roms, the Netflix-like service, and the ability to stream games from your PC to the cabinet (at an hourly rate to use).

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    All I need to see to know to avoid like the plague is the name "AtGames." :-1:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I played Fix-it Felix at Walt Disney World years ago. Other than the impressive novelty of how perfectly they created a new arcade game that looks and feels exactly like it came from the early/mid 80s, it wasn't particularly fun.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

*spit take*

They included FIX-IT-FELIX? The central game from Wreck-It-Ralph? That Disney actually made into an arcade game in incredibly small numbers?

If you'll excuse me, I need to figure out which piece of furniture I can get rid of to make room.

Or you could buy the smaller version (although not the same).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade-Classics-Fix-It-Felix-Mini-Arcade-Game/802995941

oosik_betsuni.png