As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    The descriptions for the Monster Hunter units seem interesting, but I'm not sure if 'interesting' will translate to good. I don't know if a lot of the harder content will let you reliably get multiple stacks on a Force Strike charge, but I suppose we'll need to see it in action. The new 5* dark dragon also looks weird. It would need to do a tremendous amount of damage to justify permanent curse for the rest of the fight after the transformation ends, assuming that can't be mitigated by curse immunity.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just don't transform! Problem solved

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah, the new Shadow Dragon definitely seems like either an AI companion dragon or for something like Void Battles where you may just transform to end the fight and not repeatedly throughout.
    Definitely think I'm just sticking to the free multi a day and hope we get a preview of what Part 2 is gonna look like before investing anything.

• Options
    The new units also have the "problem", such as it is, that you pretty much have to be the one piloting them in order to get the most out of them. The AI is not good at figuring out when and how to use force strikes.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    the first banner's MonHun units look like collector's units to me, but i could be wrong.

i really want to see if Hunter Sarisse happens on part 2 of the banner, that outfit is perfect.
    Mizu is also my favorite fight in MHGU. i'd roll for her even if she's bad tbh.

• Options
    Fatalis is definitely Delphi's new fave

• Options
    Oh yeah I forgot about Delphi since I don't have one 😥. But if you run one, definitely think about that dragon.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Chapter 10

Dammit, Chelle!

Chapter 11-1

Dammit, Chelle!

Madican on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    So I farmed a ton of the Chimera battle to make Fire chimeratech weapons.

I now have the Tier 2 Sword and Spear, both max unbound with my stockpile of bars. Also have a Tier 1 Katana and Staff max unbound.

I also about this time remembered "Oh yeah that costs a lot of money doing that..." as I saw my 36 million gold was gone.

Also confirmed that once you have made a requirement weapon for chimeratech or HD weapons, you can dismantle them or sell them, and they still count for the requirement. Plus now that the weapon skins are in, you can still access those styles after you get rid of them.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    new crossover event is live and it is well done (like a steak).
    stickers are awesome, all the menu graphics are fantastic, the story is great.

being able to use a rainbow team is pretty cool, it's kinda just bring whatever you have.
    there's a fight with
    two rathalos
    and it is exactly the chaos i was looking for in a monhun crossover event. can't wait for the multiplayer version to go live.

did the free ten-pull and threw down two tenfold summons, got hunter berzerker.
    the banner has a quiet split focus with heinwald for adventurers, which is actually kinda scummy, but whatever.

i also noticed in the first-time rewards for the Trials section they have weapons...
    5* fire sword, light spear, and shadow staff (dangit heinwald), but also 5* water bow and fire wand.
    pretty sure part 2 will feature water Sarisse and an unknown fire hunter wand. Fourth Cleo alt?!

• Options
    Free draw got me a Fire dragon called Konohana Sakuya, who is apparently the Skill Damage one in the element and thus highly valuable. Also got enough Eldwater from the pull to get the last node on Xania's MC and open up the Spiral, though I had to stop at the node that demands Void Agni hearts because I haven't beaten that fight yet. Still, pretty sure she's got enough firepower to actually do HMS so I'll have to check if her HP is up to snuff for the opening blast.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Important to note: The treasure trade has *two* tabs. The first is standard items. The second is MH weapons. There are two sets:

- A set of Rathalos fire weapons with +15% bane against Fatalis;
    - A set of Fatalis non-elemental weapons with +30% bane against 'monsters' (so, Rathalos and Fatalis).

If you're not immediately sure of what items to buy on TT, you might consider the MH weapons (one of each for skins if you already have HDT weapons).

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    So assuming you have no HDT weapons but have chimeratech weapons, it's basically just Fire team and go right?
    Also, are the non-elemental Bane weapons worth the DPS loss of being non-elemental?

Free multi got me two rainbows, Heinwald and Cupid. Both the rated-up unit and dragon that aren't MH related, so thanks for that roller coaster ride.

• Options
    Took three multis before I even got a single rainbow and it was a dupe Heinwald

Womp womp

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Important to note: The treasure trade has *two* tabs. The first is standard items. The second is MH weapons. There are two sets:

- A set of Rathalos fire weapons with +15% bane against Fatalis;
    - A set of Fatalis non-elemental weapons with +30% bane against 'monsters' (so, Rathalos and Fatalis).

If you're not immediately sure of what items to buy on TT, you might consider the MH weapons (one of each for skins if you already have HDT weapons).

Thank you, I totally didn't see the other tab (TBH it took me awhile to notice there was even a treasure trade :P)

And yeah my pulls so far have been shit. I think I got a dupe Cupid :/

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I did the 2 tickets and the free pull. Got a dupe heinwald and a Vanessa.

Really want to get the others since there’s a good chance we won’t see a rerun of this event anytime soon if ever. Still pissed that I’m missing 2 of the FE ones.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    BTW, based on the title screen I fully expect "part 2" is gonna include a Monster Hunter Sarisse

Edit: Oh, and does anyone know if this Fatalis fight is supposed to have mechanics? He kind of just melts so I don't really understand the purpose of the explosive barrels or the breakable body parts that don't seem to break (?). I'm worried this shit will be important in Omega difficulty

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It took me so goddamn long to get Marty in the FE collab

Every dupe Veronica mocked me

EDIT: Maybe they copied the MonHun mechanics for Fatalis, in which case he stands there and you kill him

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I got a Hunter Vanessa from the free pull, so that's nice. Since the fights don't have an element, I'm running my three Gala units (Mym, Elly, and Luca) and a level 100 Heinwald, but I may try out Vanessa instead of Mym.

I also don't know what the barrels are for. I've used one once for fun, but didn't really notice any effect since the boss died too fast.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    I think the barrels help destroy body parts? Maybe?

They really need to scale up the "standard" raid difficulties a bit, now that raid boosts are a thing (not to mention there's been quite a lot of power creep lately). The entry-level raid has a suggested combined might of 2500, between 16 players, after raid boosts; who the heck is the target audience for that?

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Billmaan wrote: »
    I think the barrels help destroy body parts? Maybe?

They really need to scale up the "standard" raid difficulties a bit, now that raid boosts are a thing (not to mention there's been quite a lot of power creep lately). The entry-level raid has a suggested combined might of 2500, between 16 players, after raid boosts; who the heck is the target audience for that?

People who forget they selected the team with one character on it and no gear equipped? :D haha (for serious tho, one of my pub matches last night had someone with like 7000 might.. but then they switched and went up to like 23k)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    RNG was brutal this morning. Got three dupe Veronica's on one pull. Did get the new dragon though, but I am exhausted of tickets.

Will look at the MH tab, didn't even see that. If I have nearly every important fire except Mym, which Chimera weapon should I create?

Also, @Cururu how can an adventurer go higher than level 80?

• Options
    They still need those low difficulty levels for new players, particularly for crossover events like this where there may be some Monster Hunter fans that pick up the game because of the event.

It would be nice to have a higher difficulty level option as well, like the Omega difficulties, but I appreciate events that they expect you to grind on being really easy. Having to do a difficult fight dozens of times becomes a chore. The high difficulty Fire Emblem map defense battle, for example, became a real slog by the end.

• Options
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    RNG was brutal this morning. Got three dupe Veronica's on one pull. Did get the new dragon though, but I am exhausted of tickets.

Will look at the MH tab, didn't even see that. If I have nearly every important fire except Mym, which Chimera weapon should I create?

For a few adventurers (more added every month), once you complete all 50 nodes in their Mana Circles a new Mana Spiral will unlock for them with additional power ups. Four of the nodes in the spiral give Max Level +5, which lets you get up to level 100.

• Options

For Chimera’s I made 1 of each type, and then started max unbinding them after that for the people I used in my team (so spear, sword, katana, staff in my case). Once I did that then I started working towards upgrading them to tier 2.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    If I have nearly every important fire except Mym, which Chimera weapon should I create??

IMO figure out which fire characters you use most and make those chimeratech weapons first. I know in my case, I had just upgraded Xania with her sixth mana circle so I focused on wand first. If you plan on doing something like standard Volk maybe focus on whatever character you wanna use for that (though maybe you're not ready for that yet either).

Edit: I kinda agree with ManetherenWolf here too. If you can't easily farm vocanic chimera for tons of mats, it might be best to get everyone on your fire team a 0 unbound chimeratech weapon first, since I'm pretty sure even with no merges those weapons blow everything else available out of the water aside from the high dragon weapons.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Free 10pull got me Berserker. Took Both 10Tickets and a Pull to get me Fatalis. Then another 5 Pulls til a double rainbow got Vanessa and my first Cupid.

Hopefully the free dailies can get me more copies of Fatalis, but Im happy.

That is until Sarisse drops and I cant get her in the 3pulls worth of currency I now have.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Ah, so close to beating the double Rathalos trial. I'll build up some currency, buy the weapons, and give it another go. Also I should replace Ieyasu with Naveed, at least he's got some defense to help with face tanking dive bombs constantly. Should also probably swap out DY Malora since her S1 doesn't work on non element

Also Rathalos flying lunge is some bullshit with how well he tracks. Dodging didn't help at all when he followed with perfect accuracy

Madican on
  • Options
    Wow, totally missed the mana spiral thing. I can't consistently beat the chimera thing with pubs but have enough to start down that road.

Thanks.

• Options
    The Chimeratech weapons are definitely worth grinding for. My fire team went up by about 5k might in a day just from those. I look forward to the comparable weapons for the other elements.

• Options
    Cool, so spiral unlocked Naveed and Aoi just now and need to finish my very hard story run to get the super orbs.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Cool, so spiral unlocked Naveed and Aoi just now and need to finish my very hard story run to get the super orbs.

The higher difficulty Volcanic Chimera boss can also drop those orbs, although they are rarer. Not too rare, though. I got a stockpile of about 100 of them from grinding for my Chimeritech weapon materials.

Cururu on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Cururu wrote: »

The higher difficulty Volcanic Chimera boss can also drop those orbs, although they are rarer. Not too rare, though. I got a stockpile of about 100 of them from grinding for my Chimeritech weapon materials.

Yeah, if you actually have a team that can farm Chimera I'd definitely say it's the better source for those orbs. If not, very hard story quests are not *that* bad. Just a matter of finding a level you can easily auto over and over. But I do like that doing Chimera also gets you useful mats for those weapons whereas you're not gonna get too much else of use from the story missions aside from the occasional rare wyrmprint drop (which you'd also be getting from Chimera :P)

P.S. - If you haven't crafted them yet, the chimera bane weapons are pretty nice for farming volcanic chimera. I was having mixed results with my auto battling team before (usually having to manually intervene at least to blow dragon charges and even then sometimes failing) and throwing a couple of those weapons on basically made the thing fully auto-able without dragons for me. (obviously you are probably a long way off from being able to solo them yourself, but the weapons will still help a ton in co-op rooms :D). I forget the name of the thing they drop from but it's that fire element knight lookin guy :3

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    The Eolian Phantom, he's wind, the team you should fight him with is fire

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    The Eolian Phantom, he's wind, the team you should fight him with is fire

Oh yeah, this :P Forgive my stupidity today, I'm sleepy :P

• Options
    edited January 2020
    PSA for anyone unaware, but High Rathalos gives some major EXP. I equipped 0UB Bronze Fafs on a team including Xania at Level 80/85 and auto'd the fight until my stamina bar of 94 was depleted. End result was 300,000 EXP, tons of gold crystals, materials, mana, blazons, etc. Xania went up 2.5 levels, which would have cost at least a hundred gold crystals, so it's definitely the time to level up anyone whose Mana Spiral you've opened up.

Edit: oh, I forgot I terminated that run midway through and restarted it. So I did it again and at 12 stamina a pop, leveling up once in the process, I went through my entire 94x2 stamina to get 630,000 EXP for everyone on my team. Xania hit 85, Ieyasu hit 85, Euden went from 1-80, and Clarisse is at 77. And I didn't have to spent a single gold crystal, which I got 300 of, plus 225 gold whetstones, over 50 of each intermediate orb, and fifteen rainbow orbs, not to mention the event drops

Madican on
  • Options
    nice. Got Berserker on todays free pull.

• Options
    Got my first Fatalis from the free pull today, so now I can finish him with Sunlight Stones if need be (I have 12). Only limited unit I'm missing now is Berserker. I thought I got lucky with a pull yesterday when a rainbow sword showed up. It even turned out to be a fire sword, but it was Naveed instead of Berserker. I'm not even sure I'm going to get him past 40 nodes him since I already have Lea and Marth and am hoping to get Berserker and I'm really low on Champion Testaments.

In other news, I've been experimenting with Hunter Vanessa and she seems much better than I expected. The AI is even using force strikes with her more than normal, and they hit like a truck. Having access to on demand defense reduction, even if it's only 5%, is rather nice.

• Options
    Between the two free multi's and three multi-tickets, I have pulled 6 rainbows. Which is good.
    One was Heinwald and the other five were Cupids. Just give me the damn limited time dragon already.

• Options
    I wouldn't mind some random Cupids. I've only ever pulled two and it would be nice to have another MUB attack dragon to replace Siren.

This discussion has been closed.