As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dragalia has always had a problem where the gap between the High Dragon Trials and the next content down is a huge, massive gap

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Dragalia has always had a problem where the gap between the High Dragon Trials and the next content down is a huge, massive gap

It's just weird because it feels like I should be able to do them. I have maxed out wyrmprints and my dojos leveled almost all the way. You'd think that would get me there.

I wish the prelude ones dropped the new orbs (at a lower rate) so I could at least buy the buildings :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Cururu wrote: »
    I finally managed to get a decent group for the Nightmare event raid, so I have that clear now, and I have the three keys needed to unlock the Omega tier. After trying the fight once, I'm not sure if this fight is even possible? The unit AI isn't smart enough to avoid the first big hit, and then everyone dies.

Also, Gala units apparently hate me :) I pulled a ton on the Gala Euden banner and didn't get one, although I did get a Mym, which is my first Gala unit, so that was nice. The only other non-dupe 5* character I got was Victor. I've done about 40 pulls on the updated Gala banner as well, and so far I've only gotten dragons, which, while not bad, aren't too exciting.

Same actually. It seems much easier now that I've unlocked all the raid perks or whatever. Plus finding people who don't suck. I do wonder how many "rare" raid boosts there are. I have gotten three so far. (it seems like there should be four?)
    4eytn73kjcph.jpg
    There are 7 rare raid boosts: crit rate, crit damage, skill haste, skill damage, overdrive punisher, broken punisher, and dragon punisher.

I cleared Omega Chronos with no issues (first try!), but Omega Chronos Nyx is just kicking my ass repeatedly. I really need my AI teammates to survive, but they seem to have a death wish. Just pulled Heinwald, so maybe that'll help? I've done a couple of runs with Hildegarde, and she kept the AI alive a bit longer, but eventually they still died and left me without enough DPS to stop the boss's uber-attack.

• Options
    Ahh good to know

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Interesting. I only have two of the bonus buffs (Overdrive Punisher and Crit Damage) and I didn't think there was room for more. I almost have all of the reward emblems already, so I'm not sure how reasonable it is to expect to unlock more.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the randomness on the special buffs is in my opinion, not a good idea.

But I'm mostly running AtF right now with the double drops and unlocked Gold Fafnirs so I have more money for 5t weapon dismantle shenanigans.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I relented and bought one of the anniversary bundles last night (the one with the free dragon and adventurer). Managed to pull Sarisse with it, so yay, that's all Gala characters :3 Now to decide if she has room on my red team :P (maybe for mercurial gauntlet where I don't want a healer...)

(though it's a shame the free 5* adventurer is limited to launch characters of which I have all of them... but hey, more eldwater I guess :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Snagged 2 dragons off today's free draw, final unbind of light siren and 3rd unbind of Freyja. Did the platinum showcase in hopes of either Ranzal or Cleo, and got Ranzal. Need to find some way to get lucky enough to add Cleo to my team and I'll have all the current Gala characters.

• Options
    I still have yet to pull a single Freyja T_T

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Is it just me or are the Silver emblems oddly slow to collect from this event?

I have 1461 Gold emblems 1233 bronze and.. 256 silver

• Options
    Zunde wrote: »

It's the same for every event. At least in this case I've noticed you get an ok chunk from the daily nightmare box.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah the daily nightmare box gives 100 bronze and silver. To get the rest of the silver you've got to run the standard raid for a while.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular

Daily nightmare and farming expert/ex goes a long way towards finishing up the silvers. If you haven't been doing that, you would have to farm the standard-difficulty raid directly (as was done in past events). Bronze can be topped off pretty quickly by running the cyclops for raid boosts.

Speaking of which, even when I beat Chronos Omega, he still finds a way to dunk on me:

3ozle08mpxei.png

'Looks like you needed some help there, scrub...'

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    i pulled on the new banner and got three rainbow bows

the same 3 rainbow bows

on the same pull.

Hi hawk hawk and hawk.

• Options
    i pulled on the new banner and got three rainbow bows

the same 3 rainbow bows

on the same pull.

Hi hawk hawk and hawk.

I got two Heinwalds today. On top of the two I got earlier in the week.

And I already had one.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I can't even try Omega because I can never seem to find a good enough group to beat the Nightmare in the first place :(
    Also I thought there was at least one day where both banners overlap, so I just kissed an 8% boosted rate on the Gala banner goodbye thinking I could use my free summon on it. Oh well.

• Options
    I managed to get the two new characters, but not the dragon, even though the dragon was the one I was trying for :/ I guess I am happy for the characters though. I'll probably have to rely on the free pulls for the rest of this tho. At least we still get some more free 10 pulls.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Cthonius on the free pull :D

• Options
    Also yay, double IO is back! (even if it's only shadow). I had already run out of coins even though I farmed the heck out of the last one.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Thank god, finally got Chronos Nyx Omega. Ready for the omega raids tomorrow!

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I played for a couple weeks at launch and then wandered off.

I was going to install again and see if it keeps my interest. Looks like I missed some good anniversary event stuff.

See you all around.

• Options
    man, so many GBs to download...

anyways, I remember weapons crafting... which might be something that caused me to put this down initially. I'm researching, but wanted to ask here. Should I try and make 4*T3 for my main units once I have the ability? I don't remember if I was at the point I could craft 4* weapons yet.

also, is there a PA guild?

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Weapon crafting is easier in a few ways.

First, you can craft higher tier weapons directly now if you have the materials and automatically unbind them if you make multiple at once.

Secondly, void weapons (and void battles) exist. If you farm there, you will get materials to craft void weapons, which at highest tier are good entry level weapons for high dragon trials.

Third, facility events as well as void events often drop tons of base 5t1 weapons for the featured adventurer's weapon types. It's quite easy to max out 5T2 weapons to use for your teams in this fashion.

If you play the raid right now, you can still get a bunch of elemental weapons from the emblem rewards. To actually answer your question about 4t3: It can't hurt, and for some combinations it actually makes more sense. If you are a long way off from 5t3, go for it, or collect 5t1s and combine.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Also if you do the raid right now, you can get a free 5* elemental of your choosing. If you can't do it with pugs, let us know and most of us will group up and carry you through it.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Awesome. I think I was working on 3* element weapons before. Player lvl 37 and a few characters in the 40s. Trying to remember what I need to do after dailies. I’m not going to break myself trying to grind.

I need to complete event story, ch7, and hard mode.

Also pulled Delphi and Cthonius, should I go for Cassandra too?

Is there anything to do with duplicate dragons? Do I use them to unbind dragons?

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Yes, but I wouldn't unbind dragons until you have dragons for everyone in a particular element. I kept my duplicate Cerberus for months before I had enough other fire dragons to lose one of her.

• Options
    Just did Audric's adventurer story.
    Y i k e s.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Is it worth building a dark team for this event?

I have Delphi, Patia, Cleo, and Kleimann as well as a few 3*s.

Also, is there a guide on general units that should be promoted?

EDIT: you'll be getting a friend request from Mortenya if you have room.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Promote waifus and husbandos. There are plenty of great 4* adventurers, and even some of the 3*s are favorites and can be made to work. Patia looks pretty decent, Kleimann is great, and Delphi looks broken. I'd say that shadow group you have is a great start.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i feel like the power level balance is pretty good in dragalia.
    most of the 4* units are good, most of the 3* units are slightly underpowered, and there are a few notable exceptions.
    5* units are almost all at least solid (except ezelith), some of them are pretty busted (gala cleo).

• Options
    I pulled Ezelith early on. What about her makes her such a low rank character?

Also, anyone around to help me clear Chronos Nyx Clash EX?

• Options
    Should I just get 5* spear for Elisanne?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I pulled Ezelith early on. What about her makes her such a low rank character?

her first skill has a very long animation, which gives iframes, but it locks her in and has worse damage than her normal attacks.
    she's been thoroughly okay from the start of the game, but there are many better 4* units, which will usually push her off your fire team early on.
    the prince himself is considerably stronger, and a free unit.

the main thing is that she's not "bad" or completely unusable, she's just bad compared to almost any other 5* unit and most 4* units in her element.
    (the other weak fire 5* is Naveed, poor guy.)

i guess she did recently get a huge boost (like all dagger users) from the release of Twinfold Bonds, a strong wyrmprint for dagger units.
    also, the valentine's version of Ezelith is quite strong.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Thanks.

Another option would be the dagger for Delphi with the cog, but as my first it seems like The water spear would be better since Eli is on a lot of my teams.

Also, how do I access Omega? Is it after Nightmare?

• Options
    in order to unlock Omega you need to beat Nightmare and also get all three Omega keys out of the medal rewards for the event.
    it's 600 bronze, 600 silver, and 3000 gold emblems.

it's also stupidly hard, so i wouldn't really worry about it at this point.

5* spear for Elisanne seems like a decent pick to me, but i don't know what other units you have.
    Is it worth building a dark team for this event?

eventually you'll want a single-element team for everything, the damage boost and resistance are incredibly powerful.

• Options
    Got the dragon summon ticket and got nylorphnettet don't ask me to spell it right.

• Options
    Got the dragon summon ticket and got nylorphnettet don't ask me to spell it right.

Nyarlethotep.

A cosmic being of unimaginable something something.

@Lucedes not much honestly. Only played for a few weeks initially. I think crafting weapons broke me early.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Well, I beat both of the Omega raids. Didn't manage to do Nyx deathless, and not going to bother to try. I struggled on solo Nyx for several hours yesterday, getting it down to a sliver that I'm sure I would have beat with maybe 2 or even 1 extra second on the clock. Then this morning I cleared it with 34 seconds to go. I have no idea what the difference is that made a half a minute difference, but oh well.

• Options
    When I MUB a Wyrmprint, the skills don't go to max.

How do I max the skills on a Wyrmprint?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    When I MUB a Wyrmprint, the skills don't go to max.

How do I max the skills on a Wyrmprint?

ah! the maximum that's listed there is the cap for that particular type of boost from wyrmprints in total on one character.

so for example, no matter how many skill damage + wyrmprints you equip, you can only get +40% from them.
    strength caps at +15% or something similar, and it caps across most ways to get +strength, like conditional and unconditional types together.

edit: they made this change when they went from one wyrmprint to two wyrmprints, so you don't just always stack the best two.
    mild success.

Lucedes on
This discussion has been closed.