MegaMan001 wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT MY CHARACTER SPOKE!!!!!

#forsaken

No spoilers, but don't expect them to speak again unfortunately :<

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I'm really happy about the exotic drop changes

But it makes me wince at how many drops were wasted the past 2 months

I wasted like 6 drops in the past 2 weeks.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think I'm close to 10 exotics that dropped as dupes out of 12

• Options
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it gave 10% before, I don't think that changes means what you think it means

We will see i suppose. 20% super energy for a dodge is pretty crazy buff. And what would it give Titans and warlocks if it’s scaling to class now?

If I’m wrong that holy poop PvP will become super spam. Shit like attunement if grace and innermost light allows titans and locks to spam class abilities too.

I'm also curious how close you'll have to be. For Hunter melee refresh roll it's I think within 8m of the target?

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it gave 10% before, I don't think that changes means what you think it means

We will see i suppose. 20% super energy for a dodge is pretty crazy buff. And what would it give Titans and warlocks if it’s scaling to class now?

If I’m wrong that holy poop PvP will become super spam. Shit like attunement if grace and innermost light allows titans and locks to spam class abilities too.

I'm also curious how close you'll have to be. For Hunter melee refresh roll it's I think within 8m of the target?

Yeah if it’s as close as the hunter dodge melee charge it pretty restrictive

But my warlock game does involve a lot of rifts right on the other dude of a wall to use wall hack so might still trigger a decent amount

616610-1.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Three of my raid drops have been old weapon exotics. So. Yeah

And then I've gotten 3 other exotic dupes

At least I got Shards of Galenor. Although I'm pretty convinced that Ophidia Spathe is better (in most situations) than Shards if you have the Hands On perk on your helmet.

• Options
    I realllllly hope that fusion rifle buff is good enough

I would love to voop again

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    RE: Changes to Dynamo/Distribution — @Disrupter is correct that it is a 20% increase to whatever the intended* value is, so if that intended value is +10% you will now get 12%. However, keep in mind that the the third adjustment clause states that Dynamo hadn't been functioning properly, granting a flat bonus for all classes, rather than a scaled bonus based on class. Presumably this means that Hunters, who have the quickest base recharge of class abilities, will have the lowest gain from the Dynamo effect.

As such, control thy wanton theory-crafting.

• Options
    Hmm that's a lot less exciting if so

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

#forsaken

Hey thanks for commenting while the rest of the thread speaks in a high end vernacular!

Still not sure how this entire end game works!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Proximity Grenades now have a stat penalty to blast radius

nuts!

And they still didnt fix them literally blowing up inside the barrel and instakilling you? Something a real (newer) grenade launcher cant do because of obvious safeguards.

Great.

Sirialis on
  • Options

#forsaken

Hey thanks for commenting while the rest of the thread speaks in a high end vernacular!

Still not sure how this entire end game works!

It works messily :pop:
    Fortunately the game is really fun despite everyone including me complaining about it all the time!

I would highly highly highly recommend doing the current Halloween event enough to get the 600 LL auto rifle. It has no level requirement and the event doesn't require end game level hear to complete.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Guys I’m somehow super bad at blade barrage and ward off coil. Everyone acts like these are the best easiest OP things but I literally am terrible with them

Please diagnose me and solve my problem, thanks.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Guys I’m somehow super bad at blade barrage and ward off coil. Everyone acts like these are the best easiest OP things but I literally am terrible with them

Please diagnose me and solve my problem, thanks.

I still fuck up Blade Barrage all the time, it's a mystery to my why sometimes I can hit everything and others nothing.

The animation does two throws, wach throw tosses two "bursts" near each other. So you can hit up to 4 targets with the bursts, and the explosion will catch others nearby. So if you swing the cursor you can split the two throws, which is as much control over it as you get.

• Options
    It also pops you up/adds some drift. I have definitely blade barraged the top of a doorway instead of through a doorway.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Jesus christ it is gravetide summoner again.

for mother fucks sake.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Doorways, the true enemies of all panic supers that don't involve fisting.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    doorways are my natural enemy

tethers, nova bombs, grenades

all just go straight into my own face

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    doorways are my natural enemy

tethers, nova bombs, grenades

all just go straight into my own face

Playing gambit on my warlock yesterday. All teammates eat shit to an invader. Ikelos the primeval into kill range, hit my laser beam ult which activates right after I get stomped away by the boss.

Fire entire beam into pencil thin tree. Lose the game.

I’d been Chanus’d.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    SuperRuper wrote: »
    The real reward was inside us all along
    Full Choke
    It works messily :pop:
    "bursts"
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    fisting
    straight into my own face

Sexual frustration abound in this old thread. We need a new one soon.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    Kalli prepares an sextological weapon

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what a guardian and their ghost and one of those hunter fleshlight grenades does in the privacy of their own transmat juice

• Options
    Just FYI on the Ives quest, it is timegated. You can only do the first step this week, and looks like next week you can do the next.

So if anyone was hoping to get whatever the reward is at the end today, nope.

No idea how long it will take, but if the sleeper questline was any indication...

• Options
    Just what this game needs.

More timegated content.

• Options
    Just FYI on the Ives quest, it is timegated. You can only do the first step this week, and looks like next week you can do the next.

So if anyone was hoping to get whatever the reward is at the end today, nope.

No idea how long it will take, but if the sleeper questline was any indication...

i honestly don't mind a "do these steps each week" kind of timegate

at least it's not a DO IT ALL RIGHT THE FUCK NOW OR TOO BAD MOTHERFUCKER quest

• Options
    or the you can only do it these weeks and if you don't do it these weeks you have to wait a month and a half to try again bullshit

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah "do a long involved thing but only this week" quests kinda suck if you have limited play time.

• Options
    or the you can only do it these weeks and if you don't do it these weeks you have to wait a month and a half to try again bullshit

It's super unlikely, but I would like it if, after the Forsaken/Dreaming City storyline is (mostly) resolved, they somehow provide an option to load into any curse level you want.

It was a neat story device, but in practice it is just going to be frustrating for players who want to catch up, start new, or can't play whatever week for whatever reason, having to wait several weeks to do something, likely trivial (eggs...).

• Options

It's super unlikely, but I would like it if, after the Forsaken/Dreaming City storyline is (mostly) resolved, they somehow provide an option to load into any curse level you want.

It was a neat story device, but in practice it is just going to be frustrating for players who want to catch up, start new, or can't play whatever week for whatever reason, having to wait several weeks to do something, likely trivial (eggs...).

yeah, the wish-ender eggs being on a six week loop is just ridiculous honestly

• Options
    i actually dig the implementation of the sleeper quest where it started out you could only do so much each week, but that only lasted until all the steps were unlocked and then you can just do it all in a day now if you want to catch up

kind of lent something to the quest to have it roll out like that, but keeping it on a four week lockout after the fact would have been stupid (glaring at whisper catalyst)

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Corrupted is a NF this week, good.

Read what the quest is about, that sounds like 10 minutes and done, wait for next week?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I thought the murder mystery was supposed to be part of the Festival. Weird to timegate it like that.

• Options
    "Timegate all the things!" seems like what they've leaned into heavily since Warmind, and completely designed Forsaken around the idea.

They went so far overboard with it, it isn't even funny.

It's fine on some things. The way Sleeper did it worked pretty well. The way Dreaming City does it was a neat idea but hopefully isn't their plan with everything going forward. Whisper has done it the worst, easily.

I had no notion that the Ives quest was going to be a "do it all now or never" sort of thing. I don't think they've ever(?) locked an exotic behind a once and never again thing (weapon/armors, not cosmetics). I just didn't expect a timegate for this because they tied it to the Halloween event, but the reality seems to be it will have nothing to do with it.

I'm sure the questline has, or will be, datamined.

I can't help but wonder if they're using this as a lead in to the Black Armory, and it is going to be a month+ long thing.

Sleeper doing thst, at the top of an expansion, fine. But at the end? After so many timegates already?

Not a fan.

There's got to be a more reasonable middle ground with things like this that the reactions aren't either frustration or "praise" that it isn't limited time.

I enjoy reasons to keep playing, don't get me wrong. Forsaken does this, generally, better than Destiny ever has. Just wine and dine me more. Don't advertise this big mystery quest and then blue ball me. They should not have advertised this as part of the festival, because it clearly isn't, and this was pretty disappointing. It doesn't help that I'm already frustrated by timegates already.

• Options
    the problem is time gates are sometimes fine (though I always think locking something out for weeks before you can start it again is stupid)

power gates are sometimes fine

time gates that are combined with power gates are too much

there is a shitload of content in forsaken, the time gates are almost entirely unnecessary in almost every instance they are used

i don't mind things like ascendant challenges rotating every week on a regular schedule, except that you also have other things tied into them that don't need to be locked away from you for six weeks because you went on vacation or had work obligations or whatever

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I read someplace or other on reddit that, according to some sort of datamined schedule or whatever, there are Lore Triumphs which will not finish unlocking until May 2019.
    So I think Bungie has decided to embrace the timegate and any desires on our part for otherwise will go unanswered.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Also I really didn't need another bounty slot perma-reserved.

If there was a more convenient way to pick up bounties it wouldn't bug me, but I feel like I have to load up to max or I'm just going to be wasting more time somewhere later if I want to do an activity and don't have the bounties on me right then.

Matchmaking/loading for, say, a strike is already frequently damn near as long as the strike itself. Adding another 5 minutes to get bounties and a 10m activity turns into 20-25.

• Options
    i do find it kind of amusing that i simultaneously feel there is too much to do that i want to do and also that there is so much stuff i am discouraged from doing because of the time gating or the grind involved

like i can throw a rock and find something to work on no matter how much i play in a week

but it is actually just overwhelming me and resulting in me not playing as much as i did even during osiris

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    So you're saying that this game has the same problem my steam library does.

Great.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Also I really didn't need another bounty slot perma-reserved.

If there was a more convenient way to pick up bounties it wouldn't bug me, but I feel like I have to load up to max or I'm just going to be wasting more time somewhere later if I want to do an activity and don't have the bounties on me right then.

Matchmaking/loading for, say, a strike is already frequently damn near as long as the strike itself. Adding another 5 minutes to get bounties and a 10m activity turns into 20-25.

The fact that some bounties now cost something to acquire (Ghost parts for Spider, tickets for Eververse, glimmer for various other ones) together with the existence of the scrapper and various other bounties you get for disassembling stuff or completing other bounties mean they can't just make them all globally always-on but if they'd expose them via API so I could pick up the ones at any given vendor with Ishtar or DIM or whatever I'd be happy.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian