As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yippie Ki-Yay, Mother[love]er

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I had like 16oz of blueraspberry mead earlier and am paying for it now

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, does anyone have any tips for fleshing out/how to structure a Bumble profile?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Wait, so is 4 drinks considered light drinking? Because that’s absolutely me for the night.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    I invited lawyer lady to my place for dinner. She ended up staying for nearly 6 hours. I...think I'm going to keep seeing her for the foreseeable future.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Wait, so is 4 drinks considered light drinking? Because that’s absolutely me for the night.

It really shouldn't constitute light drinking, and in most places doesn't, but given British drinking culture four pints is considered relatively light yeah.

Some lads knock down 15-16 pints on a night out, not me I doubt I could do that!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Christ Jesus, I wouldn’t even want to spend that kind of money on a night out unless it was the anniversary of me getting accepted into the Gat Danged Illuminati!

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I have been doing good on not drinking more than a couple times a week lately. Two drinks in a couple hours is puh-lenty. Fortunately I like beer entirely for the flavor, so if it is an occasion where a drink is necessary I just pick a nice craft option which I know will warm up nicely (many stouts are recommended to drink at like 55°F) and sip gently

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    Christ Jesus, I wouldn’t even want to spend that kind of money on a night out unless it was the anniversary of me getting accepted into the Gat Danged Illuminati!

Eh at around £3.50 a pint, 15 pints is around 50 quid. For a big night out, 8-9 hours of drinking, that's not bad!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Solar wrote: »

Eh at around £3.50 a pint, 15 pints is around 50 quid. For a big night out, 8-9 hours of drinking, that's not bad!

£3.5 is US $4.46

That's US $63.65

Not too bad for that many drinks!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    If I had 2 pints of beer I would die

Much less almost 2 gallons of beer.

But then when I have 12oz of something in the beer range of abv I get tipsy, 24 gets me drunk. And I typically stay pretty buzzed for a good 2 or 3 hours from that, any more the same night just makes me sick.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what I drank last night. Probably about 10? I usually drink alone and I'm not in a hurry so I nurse it.

I don't really get hungover but I did wake up all kinds of sad this morning.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    There's about 19.215 fluid oz in the Imperial Pint, it seems

About 153 to the gallon

So on a big night out yes I would sometimes drink over a US fluid gallon. Maybe 1.5 gallons. Some people I know could drink two gallons of beer in a heavy drinking session!

This is why I have heavily cut down!

Solar on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The food to beer ratio can be tricky

I'm often too full to drink more than six beers

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The type of beer you can get for $4 is not the type of beer I wanna drink 300 ounces of

• Options
    You can get a pint of local craft beer for that cost around here, with lots of choice too!

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I have a pretty hard time getting drunk (it takes 8+ average non-light beers in a relative short time), to the point where I don't believe that I've ever really been drunk. A bit tipsy maybe, but I've never had a hangover, never had blurry memories of any night out, never had anyone said "hah you're drunk!"

jgeis on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

£3.5 is US $4.46

That's US $63.65

That is true and also if I saw I had spent that much on beers I Might get the ding dang vapors and pass hour.

More than ten bucks on beer in a night is just not in my playbook any more.

About 153 to the gallon

So on a big night out yes I would sometimes drink over a US fluid gallon. Maybe 1.5 gallons. Some people I know could drink two gallons of beer in a heavy drinking session!

This is fuckin’ bonkers.

sarukun on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I have only been drunk a handful of times in my life. My bachelor party, the day half the ILL department finished comps together, election night 2016. The time I made burgundy beef stew as an undergrad and drank a liter and a half of leftover bottom-shelf burgundy because I hadn't yet grasped the difference between beer and wine.

I have only been hungover once, following a ten-hour run of board games and dark rum that has gone down in history as The Terrible Night Of the Kraken. If the following morning happened to me every time I drank, it is very safe to say that I would never drink.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Went out drinking with my new coworkers and drank entirely too much.

Coworkers were shocked to learn that I am 31 (they were guessing 23, fucking lol) and also the three ladies that went out with us have sworn a pact to get me a new girlfriend.

Exciting times.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    You can get a pint of local craft beer for that cost around here, with lots of choice too!

Yea same here, $4-$4.50 is the standard micro price around here. Some really fancy stuff is more, but not much. Usually the big breweries are around $3-3.50 a pint.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The bar I was at yesterday had Coronas in a bottle for $8.

I did not like that bar.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I understand what it means, but seeing the exact phrase "ethically non-monogamous" over and over and over and over again makes me, as an etymology nerd, curious about the origins. It's obviously a thing since people use the exact same wording but where did that start as a preference over simply polyamory? It's hard to find information about that since most places just talk about its definition.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It took Andre the Giant an entire barrel of beer to get drunk

Sometimes two!

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Aistan wrote: »
    I understand what it means, but seeing the exact phrase "ethically non-monogamous" over and over and over and over again makes me, as an etymology nerd, curious about the origins. It's obviously a thing since people use the exact same wording but where did that start as a preference over simply polyamory? It's hard to find information about that since most places just talk about its definition.

ENM is a overarching heading for a number of different nonmonogamous relationship structures.

Polyamory specifically refers to a subgenre in which folks are encouraged to have multiple consensual, fully romantic relationships (as opposed to "open" or "monogamish" where you could say bang other folks but aren't encouraged to catch feelings or other relationship-type interactions).

So depending on what your agreements are, you can be ethically nonmono without being polyamorous.

Spoiled for gigantic infographic re: ENM
    nonmonogamy3-large.png

Usagi on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    That is... a frighteningly complex chart.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    That is... a frighteningly complex chart.

Labels are weird, man

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The only time I do heavy drinking anymore is PAX, and that will usually consist of ~4-5 beers at the most, but more likely its 2-3 beers and a mixed drink or 2 and a shot.

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    I tolerate alcohol really really well and I make one happy drunk. Sometimes for some reason it takes me a few days to fully recover. Don't like drinking beer to get drunk though. It takes forever to drink and you just pee a lot. I have a male friend who absolutely can't stand alcohol. One time he had a *single*beer and spent days hangover and vomiting. Same night I had a bunch of different brandies and I was fine the next day.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I get the feeling a lot of people are just using it colloquially, but that's a neat chart.

My quest for the origins of the phrase continues.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    We are lucky to find a pint selling for ten dollars here. And that is not even particularly fancy beer.

• Options

£3.5 is US $4.46

That's US $63.65

That is true and also if I saw I had spent that much on beers I Might get the ding dang vapors and pass hour.

More than ten bucks on beer in a night is just not in my playbook any more.

About 153 to the gallon

This is fuckin’ bonkers.

It is culturally very normal in the UK, although not universal, which yes I imagine does look odd to other cultures

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    grrmusha wrote: »
    I tolerate alcohol really really well and I make one happy drunk. Sometimes for some reason it takes me a few days to fully recover. Don't like drinking beer to get drunk though. It takes forever to drink and you just pee a lot. I have a male friend who absolutely can't stand alcohol. One time he had a *single*beer and spent days hangover and vomiting. Same night I had a bunch of different brandies and I was fine the next day.

I had a friend like this. Turns out he was allergic to achohol! He was pretty bummed.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    We are lucky to find a pint selling for ten dollars here. And that is not even particularly fancy beer.

*Googles exchange rate*

Blimey

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

So far as I can tell, it's just weird in Oklahoma. I can go to a perfectly nice restaurant and have a high-quality meal and a couple of beers for twenty bucks before tip. Or I can go to a scabrous dive bar and have a decent burger and a couple of beers for thirty bucks before tip.

I have spent more money on an aluminum bottle of Bud Light than I have a tulip glass of Prairie Bomb in the wrong bar, and that's just wrong on any number of levels.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    grrmusha wrote: »

I had a friend like this. Turns out he was allergic to achohol! He was pretty bummed.

I knew a guy in uni who also had a specific allergy to something in beer, and once he solved that mystery, happily drank fancy ciders and other things instead without feeling like he died for days

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Usually it's the gluten in beer.

• Options
    I figured out that I'm pretty allergic to sorghum in beer, which is not a terribly complicated problem to have. Still, it made for a weird and distressing six-pack before I solved the mystery.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It took Andre the Giant an entire barrel of beer to get drunk

Sometimes two!

i make every life decision based on if andre the giant would be proud of me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I feel like Andre the Giant probably wasn't the world's harshest critic.

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    He's not allergic, allergy symptoms are different. He is a small skinny guy with loads of health issues(asthma, allergies) though.

This discussion has been closed.