As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Yes, dorm and ship slots are the most useful things to spend them on.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Is it worth spending gems to expand the dock? I'm almost close to reaching 150 unique ships at the rate of building but 200 gems for 10 extra slots seem to be overpriced

Yes, I would place Dock space as second priority after getting your Dorm to at least four ships capacity. You can earn enough Gems to keep ahead of the curve by earning 3 Stars on the main story sorties (50 Gems per sortie, with the x-4 stages going up to 100 Gems at chapter 5 I think).

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Crunched the numbers after doing some D3 grinding and I can get everything I want from the event shop without the 3x daily constructions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I tried to switch it up in pvp and actually apply some strategy

my backline is the ever useful Washington South Dakota Enterprise lineup with my frontline aimed at trying to overwhelm annoying destroyer stalls like, well, Eldridge, so it consists of Ayanami Retro, Jintsuu Retro, and Aurora

seemed to work pretty well even though I chose not to use magnetic torps and seeing your torps miss the frontline but take chunks out of the backline is always entertaining

• Options
    Finally got a gold DD retrofit BP and a second one showed up in the medal shop so I bought the 3 in the event shop and now I get Ayanami remodeled. Just need 10 more for Z23.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I had completely forgotten about that! After two days of 3-4 Hard grind I finally just bought the gold BP and opened Ayanami's final Retrofit node.

Now, who's next? Javelin? Z23? ...Bailey?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Both of the starters are pretty good if you are running their respective faction fleets.

Edit: Mid-Autumn Festival rerun on the 21st.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I would say Javelin is probably the weakest out of the 4 starters post retrofit but that's not saying much when they're still the best 4 destroyers we have right now basically

I personally did Laffey first since Ayanami's restrofit hadn't come out then, then Ayanami's, then Z23 and haven't finished javelin's cause I got sidetracked farming cruiser BPs

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I've meant to ask: for safety's sake, binding the game's app to a Twitter account OR a Facebook account is good enough, in case something happens either to your app or your phone? You don't need both of them, right?

I'm kind of surprised Azur Lane doesn't inherently come with some player account, but goes with a Nintendo-like treatment instead.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I've meant to ask: for safety's sake, binding the game's app to a Twitter account OR a Facebook account is good enough, in case something happens either to your app or your phone? You don't need both of them, right?

I'm kind of surprised Azur Lane doesn't inherently come with some player account, but goes with a Nintendo-like treatment instead.

In other regions you are supposedly able to make a game account that isn't tied to social media but for some reason the EN client only has Twitter/Facebook login

I was confused about this as well

Also I think it only accepts binding one account but I'm not sure since I haven't tried doing both, since it seemed unnecessary

Orphane on
  • Options
    Twitter in general seems safer as it feels like they often have problems with the FB binding

• Options
    That's good. I don't actually use my Twitter account, whereas FB serves as an alternative to Line for contacting family abroad, so I went with Twitter.

I'm too afraid to test it, but it probably works. There was a time where the app was acting up (hanging during startup), and while it fixed itself, I feared for my ship-fus.
    Don't judge me.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    dang i bought the BB Kaga from the shop then one pops out of my construction T_T
    Also, what do you guys do with all the Universal Bulins? Just spend them on upgrading the rarest ships?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    dang i bought the BB Kaga from the shop then one pops out of my construction T_T
    Also, what do you guys do with all the Universal Bulins? Just spend them on upgrading the rarest ships?

I sometimes have more Bulins than I have ships to use them on. Top priority goes to LBing event ships that I can't get more spares of (Shoukaku or Admiral Hipper for example). If I've got a big pile of Bulins, I'll usually retire a few or start stockpiling coins and scrounge around for a ship to LB3. As long as you're doing more sorties than the three (or nine) Dailies and six no-Danger Hardmode battles you should have a pretty steady stream of Bulins from weekly Mission rewards.

---

Event talk: Battleship Kaga was quite the surprise, though I kinda wish we also got Battlecruiser Akagi in our fleets. That said, the event on the whole does seem to be a step above previous efforts, both in terms of storytelling and translation quality - far less dialogue that comes off as empty mystery and lots more well-defined character that reads surprisingly naturally.

I also pulled Amagi yesterday, redeemed BB Kaga tonight and can get my first Makinami in just a few hundred more Pts, making this the first event since Force Z where I got all the unique ships!

---

Speaking of events, JP is getting a Winter's Crown rerun.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I think it's because it's actually their newest event, so they've had a year or two of experience by now.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    Event talk: Battleship Kaga was quite the surprise, though I kinda wish we also got Battlecruiser Akagi in our fleets. That said, the event on the whole does seem to be a step above previous efforts, both in terms of storytelling and translation quality - far less dialogue that comes off as empty mystery and lots more well-defined character that reads surprisingly naturally.

I might have to go back and re-read the cutscenes, then. I've mostly been skipping them for a while now because they make little to no sense to me.

• Options
    I....retire purple bulins in batches cause I get too damn many of them and I end up not raising that many purple or lower ships (or have already finished raising them)

I wish you could convert like 10 purple bulins into 1 gold tho

• Options
    Yeah eventually you are gonna look at your 2+ rows of purple bulins struggle to find anything to use them on and retire a row for dock space and some medals.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The upcoming Ning/Ping skins rerun might be attached to Lead-Color Remembrance instead of Moon Rabbit. If true, we're getting Yat Sen for the full ROC frontline.

Fun stuff happening on the Asian side of things too. Jamaica's Dark Bolt skin is rad as hell. They also just revealed HMS Sirius who might actually outdo Belfast in terms of "images that'll get this thread blasted into Anime Thread purgatory".

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    So, to my surprise (and dismay that it wasn't Atago)--I got a Takao in building. Except my own Takao, for a month ago, is level 75, and 6/6 stars.

Am I correct in assuming that there's not really anything worth doing except retiring the new Takao to get 10 medals? I mean, I could reinforce my current Takao (she's a mainstay of my first fleet's vanguard), but that's probably not worth it?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So, to my surprise (and dismay that it was Atago)--I got a Takao in building. Except my own Takao, for a month ago, is level 75, and 6/6 stars.

Am I correct in assuming that there's not really anything worth doing except retiring the new Takao to get 10 medals? I mean, I could reinforce my current Takao (she's a mainstay of my first fleet's vanguard), but that's probably not worth it?

I wouldn't use anything other than commons for enhancing. I get so many just doing the event levels that I have to find ships to enhance that I don't even plan on using.

Edit: Unless you're talking about fielding a second one, which I don't know. I don't really see people use more than one of a ship.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    So, to my surprise (and dismay that it was Atago)--I got a Takao in building. Except my own Takao, for a month ago, is level 75, and 6/6 stars.

I wouldn't use anything other than commons for enhancing. I get so many just doing the event levels that I have to find ships to enhance that I don't even plan on using.

Edit: Unless you're talking about fielding a second one, which I don't know. I don't really see people use more than one of a ship.

Enhancing ("Reinforcement" in the UI). I see, that's what I thought. Well, retiring it is.

• Options
    Atago and Prince of Whales aren't in the Limited Construction pool(gotta give a reason to do Heavy Constructions). Take the 10 medals you can get more stats by reinforcing her with a common battleship and a couple destroyers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Atago and Prince of Whales aren't in the Limited Construction pool(gotta give a reason to do Heavy Constructions). Take the 10 medals you can get more stats by reinforcing her with a common battleship and a couple destroyers.

Yeah, I thnk that's how I got Takao in the first place (heavy construction).

• Options
    edited January 2019

Enhancing ("Reinforcement" in the UI). I see, that's what I thought. Well, retiring it is.

I would retire SSR dupes for the 10 medals since medal exchange can supplement your supply of gold bulins, equipment plates, dorm food, skill books, and the occasional rare gold retrofit BP

the 2x enhancement is not going to be much compared to the sheer amount of common fodder you get just by running maps

edit: also if you're starting out and haven't pulled certain great ships like Enterprise or Hood or Illustrious those also show up on medal rotation eventually so it's worth it to have at least 80 medals at all times until you have all of them

Orphane on
  • Options
    That's true, I'm not familiar with how the rotation works. I got Illustrious and Hood via construction (I think), and have come close to "maxing" them out, but no Enterprise yet. Good advice.

• Options
    Medal Shop rotation has:

San Diego
    Prinz Eugen
    Takao
    Warspite
    Hood
    Illustrious
    Enterprise

It is random who the server gets but it won't repeat the same ship back to back.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Welp. Tonight's first clear of 3-4 Hard finally yielded Akagi!

How many til CV Kaga, I wonder?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    At least you can use BB Kaga till you get CV Kaga.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Welp. Tonight's first clear of 3-4 Hard finally yielded Akagi!

How many til CV Kaga, I wonder?

I got Kaga about 2 weeks ago just randomly doing 3-4. I've done it here and there, but haven't grinded it. Still working on Akagi, but I do have to say that new threat level system is niiiiice.

• Options
    Save your oil Graf Spee mini-event coming when Crimson Echoes ends.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Neat!

Also, I don't think we're getting Lead-Colored alongside the Ping/Ning skin reruns so that's off the OP. I've also modified event terminology a bit: the big events like Crimson Echoes with A, B, C and D chapters are called "Major Events", the smaller one-chapter SP maps like Force Z and Graf.Spee are "Minor Events" and the little banner-only daily events like New Year's Blessings are "Side Events".

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ping and Ning Hai Retrofits announced with rumors coming down the grapevine that we might also get Portland Retrofit

so I hope you have your cruiser BPs ready

• Options
    Where my battleships already? Home means Nevada! (and Colorado too I guess).

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Portland retrofit now official.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    They just revealed the Royal Navy's rainbow retrofit.

HOT DAMN

The JP post is even more majestic.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Four Devas confirmed for Lunar New Year. Possibly another Chinabote as well?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Royal Navy Ceres-class light cruisers Curacoa and Curlew are confirmed for EN. Given their E-grade torpedo stats, the subreddit is assuming they'll trade trade their torp slot for a second AA slot like the repair ships.

We're also getting two more Fletchers: Mullany and Kimberley, a pair of destroyers that were given to Taiwan in the 60s/70s under the names Ching Yang and An Yang. Accordingly, they will be getting Qipao skins.

All of these will be available for a limited time between January 31 and February 14 on EN. And on top of that, there's Chaser, a Bogue-class light carrier which served in the Royal Navy, whom I expect will be confirmed for EN soon enough.

Winter's Crown is already locked down for event ships. This has to be something else.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    So we got Graf Spee, Lunar New Year, and whatever event these HMS maids are coming from all on the day after Crimson Echoes. With Winter Crown coming up soon too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Help I'm running out of dock space

Orphane on