As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Ivara is a lot more inspired on a hunter than a thief, I'd say. She's basically stereotype ranger crossed with Robin hood crossed with a frog.

The first sentence of Ivara’s intro video is, “This is Ivara, the huntress, the thief.” So I guess DE doesn’t make a distinction between the two classes.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Ivara is a lot more inspired on a hunter than a thief, I'd say. She's basically stereotype ranger crossed with Robin hood crossed with a frog.

The first sentence of Ivara’s intro video is, “This is Ivara, the huntress, the thief.” So I guess DE doesn’t make a distinction between the two classes.

She is pretty heavily Robin Hood inspired with part of her Lotus blurb being taken from Robin Hood: Men In Tights and Robin Hood is both a thief and hunter.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    there need to be more lady brick warframes

just like a big lady who could bench press me

To be fair, all of them probably could

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I'm curious how strong a Warframe is, physically. Can the average frame lift a car? A dump truck?

Are they like, Terminator strong, or Raiden in Metal Gear Rising strong?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I'm curious how strong a Warframe is, physically. Can the average frame lift a car? A dump truck?

They're space body horror strong

so, pretty strong

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »

Given they can swing a giant metal sword hard enough to cleave an armored grineer in twain they must be pretty damn strong. I would bet they can lift a car pretty easily, probably even a truck. Dump truck is a maybe they are pretty damn heavy.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    They can walk around while inside Jupiter's atmosphere, they're way more than 'dump truck strong'.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    They can walk around while inside Jupiter's atmosphere, they're way more than 'dump truck strong'.

So can the corpus which makes me think there is some sort of shield technology keeping the full amount of gravity from being felt. Although actually most of the games levels do not take part on the planets, rather nearby captured space stations.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

We're actually in the upper atmosphere. So the gravity is about 2.5G, which means that it's perfectly feasible if the corpus have minor mechanical augmentation in their suits.
    That said, warframes would have to be able to lift 300kg with ease if they weigh about 80-100kg to run around.
    I don't know how high the modern bullet jump is, but if excalibur weighs 100kg then his old superjump ability generated a force equivalent to being able to squat 1.6 metric tons.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    So I have the "Target Acquired" mod.... looks like it's worth a decent amount!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

We're actually in the upper atmosphere. So the gravity is about 2.5G, which means that it's perfectly feasible if the corpus have minor mechanical augmentation in their suits.
    That said, warframes would have to be able to lift 300kg with ease if they weigh about 80-100kg to run around.
    I don't know how high the modern bullet jump is, but if excalibur weighs 100kg then his old superjump ability generated a force equivalent to being able to squat 1.6 metric tons.

I'm just surprised they can survive in Jupiter's insane radiation

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    They're strong enough that radiation doesn't kill them, it just makes them mad enough to want to stab their friends.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    there need to be more lady brick warframes

just like a big lady who could bench press me

valkyr is functionally that, aesthetically she's just as slender as the rest of the ladyframes though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I bet Garuda initially started as a Matador themed frame but DE realized that might be a bit on the controversial side so they made her a bit more generic

Funny story about Garuda's initial start.

So Rebecca Ford, the community director at DE, really likes vampires, and challenged the other people at DE to create a vampire-themed warframe.

They came up with two different ideas, one based on the Hypnotic Vampire archetype, the other based on the Feral Vampire archetype. Everyone ended up really liking both these ideas, so they ultimately decided to put both in the game. But ironically, both of them ended up mostly losing their vampire theme during the development process.

The art department created several visual designs for the Hypnotic Vampire, but the one the team liked best was one that resembled the sentients from the Plains of Eidolon. In fact, they liked this visual design so much that they decided to change the Hypnotic Vampire's backstory to make it a warframe/sentient hybrid, and changed a few of its abilities to make it more sentient-like.

As for the Feral Vampire, the team discovered that it became more fun when they really leaned into making all of its abilities really violent and disgusting. Less Dracula, more Jigsaw.

And that's how we ended up with Revenant and Garuda in their current forms.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Do we have a clan that I could join on the Switch? In-game name is Jothki.

• Options
    novaspike wrote: »
    Sorry for the repeat, but if I can join the clan, my handle is NovusSpike. Thank ya'll.
    If someone would be so kind as to shoot me an invite to the Switch clan. Heretic_Astartes
    jothki wrote: »

Invited you lot. Gonna need to upgrade clan tier soon, we're almost to the 10 person ghost clan limit.

Also the switch clan tenno lab is done if people want to contribute to the open research projects. The first batch I started should be done in 3 days.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Got it, thanks. Though it looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow to actually do anything with it.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

She is pretty heavily Robin Hood inspired with part of her Lotus blurb being taken from Robin Hood: Men In Tights and Robin Hood is both a thief and hunter.

Most hunters in historic times were also a thief. Regular folks didn't own land, if you hunted you were almost certainly doing it against the law, poaching the lords game.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It's really frustrating when you make 3 or 4 relics radiant in an attempt to get the helios prime cerebrum and none of them drop it but then two relic runs later you get it from one of the other players' relics. I mean at least I have it so that's great! But all those void traces wasted.

So by the end of the day I should have helios prime which is awesome and I also have the infiinite scanner from Simaris so I'm set to pick up a bunch of random scans now.

Still can't get a zenurik lens after several more attempts. This is ridiculous. Are they tradeable?
    Sorry for the repeat, but if I can join the clan, my handle is NovusSpike. Thank ya'll.
    If someone would be so kind as to shoot me an invite to the Switch clan. Heretic_Astartes

Invited you lot. Gonna need to upgrade clan tier soon, we're almost to the 10 person ghost clan limit.

Also the switch clan tenno lab is done if people want to contribute to the open research projects. The first batch I started should be done in 3 days.

I don't want to be too presumptuous about the dojo but earlier I started another 4-way branch on the other side for symmetry. But I don't have any forma to use on my own equipment much less the dojo. :( I put in all the other mats though.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I believer lenses are tradeable? I've never done it so I'm not certain.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    It's really frustrating when you make 3 or 4 relics radiant in an attempt to get the helios prime cerebrum and none of them drop it but then two relic runs later you get it from one of the other players' relics. I mean at least I have it so that's great! But all those void traces wasted.

There is only one solution: Invest more. The Void rewards faith.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The Void be the Word, and the Word be Profit.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular

I tried to fork over some stuff for the research, but there seems to be a limit on who can do so.

I did notice it mention a clan bank, is that something else we have to build before we can donate stuff to it?

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    The Void be the Word, and the Word be Profit.

The Void rewards the Righteous and casts out the unfaithful!

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of The Void, because you know that your labor in The Void is not in vain.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    I can't believe the difference between the pet systems and the lil' drone systems. Especially when the drone had item vacuum from almost the first moment I was using it. It's superior in every way, dies less often, doesn't need rezzing, doesn't take expensive power cells or stasis cells, or require buying stuff to keep them healthy when not in use, or interacting with a maximum of 3 times a day...I have no idea why I would main a pet.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Because the dogs hit WAY harder, and their active abilities are usually better.

• Options
    But I have to spend 75,000 credits for a pack of 5 of a thing just to keep them going.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    That changes to be much more reasonable once you install the ship upgrade (its expensive and you probably don't have it researched in the clan yet) - you are definitely correct that taking care of a pet is a rich persons game early on, though.

The upgrade you need is Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    But I have to spend 75,000 credits for a pack of 5 of a thing just to keep them going.

That is not a lot of credits, and 5 is enough to last a month or so.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Amusingly, I started using a pet precisely becaue I wanted something that would live more than 30 seconds somewhere around Second Dream. I just started noticing that my Helios's life expectancy was measured in seconds after battle was engaged, and so I shifted to a Helminth Charger and never looked back. Just the ability to heal them by stabbing a dude with my Guandao multiplied their durability by about a hundred.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I tried to fork over some stuff for the research, but there seems to be a limit on who can do so.

I did notice it mention a clan bank, is that something else we have to build before we can donate stuff to it?

Oh do you need permission to dump materials into open projects? I'll check, I thought you just needed permissions to start projects.

And sporky feel free to add rooms and do whatever, just be aware that every room added requires a forma.

Also the nutria incubator segment is on ed of the things being researched in the tennonlab atm so that should be buyable in a few days.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Isn't it something where you want to keep them topped off? Like aren't they a lot less effective if they degrade to 40%, 30%? Does just one fill them all the way up again?

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I've never put much work into getting my pets into shape, like putting a potato on them or fine tuning their mods. All I care about is the pet staying alive so it can vacuum loot, which my Helios Prime does just fine most of the time. I know pets hit harder, but for the marginal bit they do over sentinels compared to what my frames & weapons put out I really can't be bothered with the rest of the micromanagement.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ok there was a permission people needed to contribute to research I think, I gave everyone that and the permission to start new projects.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Isn't it something where you want to keep them topped off? Like aren't they a lot less effective if they degrade to 40%, 30%? Does just one fill them all the way up again?

It doesn't degrade quickly. Even if you needed to use one every day, it would still be really cheap.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

It gets a LOT cheaper after you install the thing, like 6k for a 5-pack or something, I think.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular

75k is absolutely a lot of credits for some people and 5 boosters does not last a month without the Incubator Upgrade.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Ok there was a permission people needed to contribute to research I think, I gave everyone that and the permission to start new projects.

Thanks, I'll take a look later today.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    I have an unhealthy obsession with putting energy-hungry wizard builds on every single Warframe in my collection, so the Dethcube precept that causes him to poop out an energy orb every time he damages 10 enemies is basically a Godsend.

Even if using beast pets didn't involve a lot of tedious babysitting, I'd still be more inclined to use a sentinel just for that reason.

• Options
    Ianator wrote: »

75k is absolutely a lot of credits for some people and 5 boosters does not last a month without the Incubator Upgrade.

Oh, I have the incubator upgrade. 75k still isn't very much. I haven't been playing very long and I have ~1 million credits.