As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Does it still have its hidden Dragonfly perk?

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Does it still have its hidden Dragonfly perk?

It's not dragonfly it's like a mini fist? it's weird

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    You shoot things and lightning shoots from the sky at those things. And maybe other things near them too.

Generally it just kills everything near where you point it from my limited experience.

shryke on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    It feels good.

If it gets a catalyst, I imagine it'll get a large stability buff.

Looking forward to seeing how it feels in Crucible, as that's where I primarily used HMG's in D1.

Anyway, today has Ice and Shadow as a daily heroic, so get your speed runs in for the milestone!

I'm sure someone else has pointed out, but Spider also has the final WANTED bounty this week! It's not super hard, just be prepared to take a hit, is all I'll say.

EDIT: Also Strange Terrain! Finally should be able to finish that damn badge/emblem

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I was gonna say I hope Thunderlord is good for the raid since that's where I'm likely to get to play with it this week but I guess there is no hope required there.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I was gifted a copy of Destiny 2 through my Blizzard control center thing. So I guess I'm gonna play Destiny 2 now.

Lore is a big deal for me, and I don't really know anything about Destiny's lore. The opening basically boils down to 'Earth get messed up in the future and everyone that survived was protected by this giant alien ship the Traveler. All kinds of aliens have invaded and the good guys are fighting them.'

Is there anything major from the first Destiny that I should know about? Was it pretty much the same thing?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Picked up Thunderlord and then did the DC weekly and picked up a Two Tailed Fox.

Finally got that last Destiny 2 achievement. (The exotic one)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I was gifted a copy of Destiny 2 through my Blizzard control center thing. So I guess I'm gonna play Destiny 2 now.

Lore is a big deal for me, and I don't really know anything about Destiny's lore. The opening basically boils down to 'Earth get messed up in the future and everyone that survived was protected by this giant alien ship the Traveler. All kinds of aliens have invaded and the good guys are fighting them.'

Is there anything major from the first Destiny that I should know about? Was it pretty much the same thing?

do you have an hour+? if you are into lore, you can do a lot worse than to let mynameisbyf cover d1s lore up through the start of d2 for you. video in spoiler...

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I kind of envy people whose exposure to Destiny 1 lore is via those lore videos rather than via having actually played Destiny 1.

Edit:
    Also, Bungie has a Thunderlord shirt you can order if you get the gun. Death on a rearing horse holding a lightning bolt in one hand and Thunderlord in the other.
    I guess I can order that and my Malfeasance shirt simultaneously...

Edit:
    Also, also, if this whole 'do a quest, buy a shirt' thing is their approach to appeasing Activision's bottom-line demands then I approve much more than I did the $10 emotes.

CptHamilton on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I kind of envy people whose exposure to Destiny 1 lore is via those lore videos rather than via having actually played Destiny 1.

But would they learn that that wizard came from the moon? There's other benefits but I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain ...
    Sorry

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »

do you have an hour+? if you are into lore, you can do a lot worse than to let mynameisbyf cover d1s lore up through the start of d2 for you. video in spoiler...

Sounds perfect, thanks.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Sounds perfect, thanks.

If after that you are interested in a bunch of the specific stories and details. As well as some fantastic individually written lore bits go to www.ishtar-collective.net

Some of the stories within it are really top notch and interesting, especially The Books of Sorrow.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Also, it's the last IB week!

The new fixed roll guns are the SMG and the Rocket Launcher.

SMG was like Under Pressure and Dynamic Sway Reduction I think?
    Rocket Launcher was like tracking module and rangefinder or something.

Rocket launcher seemed a solid roll to me. Both are easy to get since they are tied to the easier bounties (15 kills with 3 points capped and I think the one for total kills.

Anyway, have fun. Grind out all the bounties on 3 different classes for a triumph. You don't need to work or socialize with other people do you?

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    4bkkk2vyirw11.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Apparently six Thunderlords can kill Riven with ammo to spare, given the same buffs as the cluster rocket strat.

So that seems like the cheese is officially not going anywhere what with it working for multiple weapon types.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

Oh my god, that intro music just made the hairs on my arm stand up straight and do a fist pump.

Maybe I'll test out my Fios Gigabit connection tomorrow after it gets installed and see how long it takes to download everything D1...

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Apparently six Thunderlords can kill Riven with ammo to spare, given the same buffs as the cluster rocket strat.

So that seems like the cheese is officially not going anywhere what with it working for multiple weapon types.

Apparently doing the Cluster or Thunderlord cheese also completes the Challenge :rotate:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Ah... so I take it I have to do a NF this week? The streak must end!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Vagabond wrote: »

Apparently doing the Cluster or Thunderlord cheese also completes the Challenge :rotate:

I suspected that might be the case. Since the challenge is of the “don’t do x” variety, it’s also bypassed by doing none of the mechanics.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I bet the actual challenge is you can only step on a plate once in the encounter

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Elki wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »

I suspected that might be the case. Since the challenge is of the “don’t do x” variety, it’s also bypassed by doing none of the mechanics.

In the Salt universe Bungie puts in new challenge: Do the encounter the way we wanted you to originally. :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but it is ×2 Valor this week, for those needing Resets for Redrix

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    I guess I know what my week will now entail.

Thunderlord->IB Gear sets completion->grinding that sweet Valor

If anyone want to mainline control point grabs and double plays this week, feel free to invite the ChemENGR.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2018
    Taken from Reddit.

https://youtu.be/SmlUaTR3TRc

By the guy who made the video.
    I like to think I let the Hunter in me take over for a little bit for these 15 seconds.

*single tear for our stolen jump*

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly there's like 5 Hunter exotics I would like to trade for one that gives me Blink

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I love Thunderlord

it’s got some goddamn moxie

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    TONK

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I bet the actual challenge is you can only step on a plate once in the encounter

If you want to know
    This week it's someone can't shoot the same eye more then once.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    The Ives quest and 540 bounty this week were awesome.
    It's lame that the answer to "Who killed Ives?!" is, predictably, "The Fallen". But unexpected Cosmodrome was pretty awesome, as was suddenly Scent of the Worm. I had a moment of panic trying to think of where a chest even could be that I need to race to.

• Options
    IB is this week... time to put in the work for all the bounties then.

• Options
    The Ives quest and 540 bounty this week were awesome.
    It's lame that the answer to "Who killed Ives?!" is, predictably, "The Fallen". But unexpected Cosmodrome was pretty awesome, as was suddenly Scent of the Worm. I had a moment of panic trying to think of where a chest even could be that I need to race to.

The entire murder "mystery" is super super stupid and will remain so unless Black Armory somehow pulls an interesting hook to this story out of it's ass.

It's basically meaningless busywork to get an exotic but given the complete lack of any sort of story elements to the first 2 weeks of the quest, I kind of expected that.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Did they secretly nerf shotgun scavenger? I'm only picking up 2 per brick.

edit: nevermind, my IB loadout doesn't have it stacked.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Did they secretly nerf shotgun scavenger? I'm only picking up 2 per brick.

How many perks are you rocking?

It was always 1 per brick without and then +1 for every scavenger perk you wore.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, the IB outfit only has one.

*Gets dumped into a JIP in the middle of an opposing team power play where two of their has already popped roaming supers and the other guys have their super up and nobody on my team has a super, and then they get another power play because of course.*

Needless to say, I returned to orbit with Fenchurch.

edit: good news: The season 4 remembrance triumph only requires matches, not wins with the full IB gear on. <3

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I gave up on soloing the Shattered throne ogre last night because I couldn't one-phase him and kept choking on the second round. My main pain point was clearing the back wall group since I couldn't find any near-perfect cover over there like there is at both corners of the near wall, so I'd often end up getting clipped by the ogre just right so then I could get double teamed to death. I'm hoping that Thunderlord will be enough to one-phase the damn thing next go around, so I don't have to worry about choking during the second round anymore.

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    I gave up on soloing the Shattered throne ogre last night because I couldn't one-phase him and kept choking on the second round. My main pain point was clearing the back wall group since I couldn't find any near-perfect cover over there like there is at both corners of the near wall, so I'd often end up getting clipped by the ogre just right so then I could get double teamed to death. I'm hoping that Thunderlord will be enough to one-phase the damn thing next go around, so I don't have to worry about choking during the second round anymore.

Yeah, the back group was the most annoying one for me too. Clipping the two goblins before doing the damage loop worked if doing it cautiously and lacking a OHK kinetic. But being able to one phase it would probably be best. it's obnoxious to keep looping.

Orge push is annoying too.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Got a random Skyburner's Oath in my first Iron Banner match.

This has changed the game.

• Options
    Thunderlord being back = cool

Thunderlord completely fucking Comp balance up = why bungey

• Options
    Thunderlord being back = cool

Thunderlord completely fucking Comp balance up = why bungey

Seems like the return of the Prometheus Lens scenario.