Options

That TV Thread Ain't Right

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    with the right tone, that could be worthwhile

the acceptable tone here is "hahahahaha look at every single one of these assholes, it's so great that all these people got fucked"

it is a story where the only heroes are the audience

Shorty on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I dunno I feel like there must have been some generally okay people who got massively scammed in there.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I dunno I feel like there must have been some generally okay people who got massively scammed in there.

I really hope they interview the dude who was, like, a roofer who won a contest for a free trip to Fyre whose reaction was basically "I got to hang out on the beach for a few days, could be worse." That guy ruled.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I don't know much about Fyre festival, was it wildly overpriced or something? Because there are probably a fair few people who were like "I've saved up all my money, I want to go see Blink 182 on a beach or whatever" as opposed to everyone being a shithead.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    It was definitely marketed as a luxury event for rich dinguses, but I couldn't tell you much about the actual makeup of the attendees.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I don't know much about Fyre festival, was it wildly overpriced or something? Because there are probably a fair few people who were like "I've saved up all my money, I want to go see Blink 182 on a beach or whatever" as opposed to everyone being a shithead.

It was a festival only in the sense that the organizers took the money and forgot about the organizing part. So, a bunch of rich kids showed up to a Third World country to wander around a muddy field with no amenities, sanitation, or security. It's mostly funny because no one died, but it was definitely the kind of situation where people could have.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Essentially a bunch of rich people were tricked into living like poor people for a weekend and took to social media to declare it an atrocity

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Essentially a bunch of rich people were tricked into living like poor people for a weekend and took to social media to declare it an atrocity

Didn't they like, not have access to drinking water at one point?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Oh... You mean like the people of Flint, MI?

• Options

Seriously? I suggest that maybe some of the people who got caught in the Fyre Fest debacle weren't complete shitheads worthy of derision and might have actually been in a bit of trouble and this is the response?

Okay.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was not being 100% serious.

Like 80% maybe

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Seriously? I suggest that maybe some of the people who got caught in the Fyre Fest debacle weren't complete shitheads worthy of derision and might have actually been in a bit of trouble and this is the response?

Okay.

If people had died or been seriously hurt in any way by that incident I might have some hesitation over how hard to mock it. But it didn't--all the active lawsuits are the petty bitching of the inconvenienced well-off so fuck it, let's have at those bougie rubes.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    BxU6ex8.jpg
    9Bsi4Xi.jpg

Netflix's Carmen Sandiego (starring Gina Rodriguez [Annihilation]) premieres Jan 18. 20 22-minute episodes. Live-action film coming to the service later in the year

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Okay, yeah, I dig that art style

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Featuring Carl Tart as The Chief.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Eat the rich and also let them be eaten by wild dogs in lieu of seeing blink 182

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The 20th episode of the 3rd season of King of the Hill features the most outlandish line so far: "Wichita Falls is the greatest place I've ever been."

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    The 20th episode of the 3rd season of King of the Hill features the most outlandish line so far: "Wichita Falls is the greatest place I've ever been."

are you doubting its sincerity??

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    My fave thing about king of the hill was me not realizing Chuck Mangione was a real person

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i was born in wichita falls. that’s a little fact about me

enjoy!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

enjoy!
    Hrm

Nope

Don't enjoy it at all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I have just discovered that Hulu is owned by Amazon,

enjoy!

It is or is it not the greatest place you've ever been?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

enjoy!
    Hrm

Nope

Don't enjoy it at all

what gives, buddy? It’s a fun-ass fact!
    Jedoc wrote: »

enjoy!

it briefly was and then ceased to be the moment my baby buttcheeks rolled outta town

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That is mildly amusing at best, my friend

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    A good friend of mine is the library director there. She says it's a pretty good place to put a library.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    When Wichita Falls, who catches it

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    A good friend of mine is the library director there. She says it's a pretty good place to put a library.

I wanna know what the bad places to put a library are.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    That is mildly amusing at best, my friend

surely learning my birthplace was more fulfilling than sitting in silence and not learning my birthplace

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Sea bed

Middle of a volcano

Neighbor's bathtub

• Options
    Either places where everyone can afford their own books or places that are burning all the books.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    The sun would be a bad place for a library.

Starts cannot read, what use would they have for books?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    The sun would be a bad place for a library.

Starts cannot read, what use would they have for books?

Libraries also have DVDs and CDs, Blake.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Stilts wrote: »
    Okay, yeah, I dig that art style

I'm so much more excited for animated shows that actually demonstrate the creative possibilities of the medium (in this case the usage of textured layers: see the shadows in the second shot)

The recent spate of highly-touted animated shows that contain just... ultra-basic uninspired cinematography and textures and character design is disheartening

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Sea bed

Middle of a volcano

Neighbor's bathtub

If Rapture had public libraries Im pretty sure things would have turned out differently

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

enjoy!
    Hrm

Nope

Don't enjoy it at all

what gives, buddy? It’s a fun-ass fact!

enjoy!

it briefly was and then ceased to be the moment my baby buttcheeks rolled outta town

You are way too cool for Wichita Falls!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    how many falls are in Witchita Falls

• Options
    Oh, boy. Prepare to be disappointed.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Alexandria

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Alexandria

virginia's for lovers, not readers

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Alexandria

virginia's for lovers, not readers

Hey! Take that back! I'm definitely not a lover!

This discussion has been closed.