As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NCAA] Basketball: Heavy is the Head that Wears the Crown

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I didn’t watch the game but god am I happy that Coach K’s career ended like that

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ha ha! Fuuuck Duuuuuke

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I thought North Carolina was going to give the game away with their atrocious free throw shooting.

Fortunately Duke was willing to also throw bricks.

It was sloppy for sure.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I hate the football stadium games in the Final Four, they always seem to wreak havoc on shooters

As far as best game? No, I think the UNC/Villanova National Championship game in 2016 is probably one of the most out-of-this-world games I have ever witnessed, even if I hated the outcome.

As a Carolina fan this will always be special and I'm glad it was both tense and exciting, but Coach K's last game at Cameron is more "instant classic" than this one. Couldn't have asked for a more momentous stage for the first ever UNC/Duke March Madness matchup though

Much like the Baylor game, reffing was frustratingly inconsistent and both fanbases have a right to gripe, but I hope we don't get the "No Fouls Ever" approach on Monday that the Kansas/Villanova game had.

Kansas refused to let Roy Williams win it all, both when he coached there and when he coached against them. Here's hoping Hubert Davis can break that particular curse

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    LETS GOOOOOO. (and yes nova unc was also amazing, but just the fuckin STORY with duke makes me so happy) They're all good games brent.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Kansas you had me scared for a bit but now you're looking good.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Kansas out here trying to ensure that the title DOES get vacated this year

• Options
    Kansas knew the play was written for Manek. Self had them intentionally trip him before the ball was even in play. No call.

Not that it would've mattered because it would've been a 1 and 1 off that foul

This was the Baylor game all fucking over again and I hate it a lot more than I thought I could

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Now, my bracket may have been a mess, but as the only person to correctly pick the champ I will gladly take my number one spot

• Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Kansas knew the play was written for Manek. Self had them intentionally trip him before the ball was even in play. No call.

This was the Baylor game all fucking over again and I hate it a lot more than I thought I could

The officiating was shit but it was even. Bacot was throwing himself backwards into guys all game and getting to shoot free throws for it. At one point he literally did a spin move and tripped and they called it on Kansas. I know you're probably just a little heated but you're way off base here.

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Now, my bracket may have been a mess, but as the only person to correctly pick the champ I will gladly take my number one spot

Congrats! Mrs. Bum picked Kansas to win and picked Duke and Villanova to get into the Final Four and ended up winning in the friends pool she entered.

Thanks again to @Raijin Quickfoot for setting this up this year :smile:

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

The officiating was shit but it was even. Bacot was throwing himself backwards into guys all game and getting to shoot free throws for it. At one point he literally did a spin move and tripped and they called it on Kansas. I know you're probably just a little heated but you're way off base here.

Now that the videos are on youtube I cannot actually tell who it is that Manek tripped on, so maybe that portion of my ire is misplaced

But this is still probably the roughest, most physical NCAA tournament I can recall seeing since probably UConn's 2004 run with Emeka Okafor straight throwing guys to the ground. Super frustrating, and I feel real bad for Manek (and possibly Leaky Black if he decides to forgoe his extra Covid year).

Other than that, as a bubble team in February to an Eight seed to the National Championship game, I'm absolutely over the moon about this season. Plus we got to give our rivals a historic kick in the nuts not once but twice. A national championship would've been a great cherry on top, alas

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    If you got to choose between winning those two Duke games or winning the chip which way are you going?

Carpy on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Not a North Carolina fan, but those two Duke wins won them the rivalry forever so you have to assume that’s the choice.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    SirToasty wrote: »

Now that the videos are on youtube I cannot actually tell who it is that Manek tripped on, so maybe that portion of my ire is misplaced

But this is still probably the roughest, most physical NCAA tournament I can recall seeing since probably UConn's 2004 run with Emeka Okafor straight throwing guys to the ground. Super frustrating, and I feel real bad for Manek (and possibly Leaky Black if he decides to forgoe his extra Covid year).

Other than that, as a bubble team in February to an Eight seed to the National Championship game, I'm absolutely over the moon about this season. Plus we got to give our rivals a historic kick in the nuts not once but twice. A national championship would've been a great cherry on top, alas

uh...looks like a floorboard was maybe loose?

• Options
    You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Wow.

As far as being a Tar Heel, we can always win a championship next year. Coach K can never get those games back. And it's not like that particular Duke team is coming back. I'd take a historic pantsing of Duke in absolutely unique never to be repeated circumstances, not once, but twice over a title. Over any title? No. Some teams and players are special, and I would want them to go out on top more than anything. Tyler Hansbrough's senior season in 2009, and Marcus Paige's senior season in 2016 were too important for me to trade. But this season, the Heels did more than anybody thought they could and that can be enough

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Is that a loose floorboard or a reflection

• Options
    The manufacturer for the floor issued a statement that it's definitely supposed to do that for impact absorption, it's totally not broken, please believe us.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33679855/no-loose-floorboards-final-four-court-where-unc-star-armando-bacot-was-injured-says-manufacturer

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I mean, basketball courts do generally have give/bounce like that built in to lessen impact, it's absolutely a thing!

Sucks that it might have contributed to a rolled ankle in this situation, but you generally want that there so people's knees don't explode.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Of course there's impact absorption built in. No one is denying that. But the court isn't supposed to come apart to achieve that.

• Options
    https://goheels.com/news/2022/5/17/mens-basketball-lucas-forever-a-warrior.aspx

Ademola Okulaja passed away, he was only 46. Fuck Cancer

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Hey it's this time of year already.

Louisville lost 3 games by 1 point each to Bellarmine, Wright State, and App State ('NEERS BABY) and that is hilarious.

Duke vs. Kansas is the sloppiest game I've seen in awhile.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Stupid Michigan State

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    A good weekend for Purdue: B1G West champs in football and stomped Duke by 19 points in basketball.

Fuck Duke; BOILER UP!

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Carolina continues to struggle to find consistency. Trying to put away Alabama right now

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Carolina continues to struggle to find consistency. Trying to put away Alabama right now

Hubert Davis says, "Substitutions? Ball movement? Nah just put the ball in, go get some buckets."

After 4 overtimes our starters were incapable of getting buckets

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    roll tiddddddddddddde!!!

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Indiana is playing smothering defense and Carolina has zero answer

Free throws the only thing keeping the Heels in the game

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    A good night of college basketball in the Hoosier state: All four Indiana big conference teams won their respective conference challenge games tonight.

Heck, even Indiana State won as well :+1:

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Huh, guess I should peek my head in here now

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »

Hold up

What's the password?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »

Hold up

What's the password?

GTHC

• Options
    Close enough :D

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The last few years of college basketball have been all over the place.

• Options
    I went to the Texas v. UTRGV game cause it was in Gregory and my friend was in town.

I think there's video on the stupid LHN of him and I standing up in the rafters and him explaining how fouling works in basketball and me just going "bwuh?"

• Options
    My BFF got me an early present for Yule this year
    v9t8irgs8r7x.jpg

It's dadgum great!

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Texas head basketball coach got arrested on 3rd degree domestic violence charges last night from the looks of things.

• Options
    @WuShock did you see Bill Self negate Jalen Wilson's 3 pointer and lose Kansas the game?

AMAZEBALLS

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I saw it and it was glorious

• Options
    Mike Brey stepping down at the end of the season.

Heck of a 23-year span at ND. I really liked his chill approach despite stubbornly sticking to a 7-man rotation every year and rarely deviated from it. Probably one the better coaches that never made a Final Four appearance.